Just ordered a CARA!!!

mcg3897

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I'm so excited. I ordered the medium size. Although I think the mini is adorable, I just don't think it will fit my needs well. I really liked the camouflage one but with it being the calf hair on the handle- I wondered if the calf hair would wear off of the handle quickly. The cost also was a little daunting. So I ordered the regular black one with silver hardware. I love black and silver together so it was a winning. Now the waiting begins!
Funny thing, is I ordered off the website and although they have a US website, my cc would not go through. I tried another card, something was wrong, couldn't process. I figured maybe there was something up with the website. 5 minutes later, my phone rings. My credit card flagged it as fraud since it was based overseas. I didn't even think of that since they had a US site. DUH!!! Anyways, my cc cleared it and I was able to order! YEA!!! So excited!!

And for those that are interested, there is a wonderful youtube video showing the bag- just search mulberry cara and it comes up! It also is nice to listen to since the lady has a great accent!!!

snailpolish

Jul 27, 2014
Leeds
Good choice! Having seen them IRL, I think you're right about the calf hair handle (and one SA I spoke to said it reminded them of a rat's tail...).

mcg3897

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
ooohhhh a rat tail, now I wouldn't like that at all!!! I have a MK bags that has calf hair on it but just on the front panel- I like it but the handles get so much wear, I wouldn't think it would look good after continued wear and tear.
As a side note, ordering off the website has been a pain. they sent me an email and said I needed to confirm the order. I sent an email back saying I didn't have international calling could I call one of the US stores to confirm? they called me. She noticed somehow my delivery addy zip code was the same as my billing (I am shipping it to my work in a different city) so she fixed it. Then I get a shipping email and she inverted my zip code!!!!! So several emails back and forth, I THINK they are sending it to the correct zip!! If not, my bag is gonna be on vacay somewhere in 28060! Wherever that zip is!!!!!!

Whispercrest

Mar 16, 2014
UK
ooohhhh a rat tail, now I wouldn't like that at all!!! I have a MK bags that has calf hair on it but just on the front panel- I like it but the handles get so much wear, I wouldn't think it would look good after continued wear and tear.
As a side note, ordering off the website has been a pain. they sent me an email and said I needed to confirm the order. I sent an email back saying I didn't have international calling could I call one of the US stores to confirm? they called me. She noticed somehow my delivery addy zip code was the same as my billing (I am shipping it to my work in a different city) so she fixed it. Then I get a shipping email and she inverted my zip code!!!!! So several emails back and forth, I THINK they are sending it to the correct zip!! If not, my bag is gonna be on vacay somewhere in 28060! Wherever that zip is!!!!!!
You poor thing … we have it soooo easy in the UK … just pop along to an outlet, choose, buy and swoon hehe :greengrin::greengrin:

talli8cakes

May 28, 2012
You'd think international shipping would be easy in this day and age, especially from a large brand that's had lots of experience doing it. Good luck and hopefully your bag doesn't stray too far before reaching you.

mcg3897

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I did get an email that it had been fixed so I'm hoping to see my new bag by Friday. All in all, they were very nice at Mulberry each time I spoke to them or when they emailed! I just wish they did make US shopping a little easier. Next time I think I will call a US store and order directly.....I read that advice AFTER I placed my online order. OPPS!!! For next time!!!

mcg3897

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
She's here!!! She's here!!! I'll make an reveal post!!! I am waiting to open it at lunch.