Just one TOTE...for now :)

Mama20

Oct 16, 2012
Hello! Which tote would you choose for a "beat around", carry free, rainy weather care free, throw around on kid outings tote...glam tote or new saffiano (sp?) medium tote? TIA!

Hmm, that's tough. Some have said that while the saffiano tote is all weather and durable it might get a bend in the leather. For me, with my wild two I'd get the glam tote if I'd be sharing space. My kids think anything that has their stuff in it is their bag too and they are not delicate...at all. The saffiano totes are SO pretty though. Based on looks alone I'd go for the saffiano if your kids aren't like mine:shame:.

For kid friendly outings I would go with a glam....I saw the new saff totes IRL in Dillard's today and honestly if one of kids sat something on it...or themselves it would be ruined.

I have both. Haven't used the saffiano yet but have a good feel for it.

Fabric glams are more comfortable to carry and are lighter. Also can get rained on no problem. If you get a light colored one, it can show stains/dirt. There is a cleaner, but it's not perfect depending on what you get on it. Although the glam is relatively worry free, I still don't let my kids get near it when their hands are dirty. And I'm careful where I set it down.

The Saffiano is a little heavier because it's leather, and not quite as comfy because it doesn't squish or slouch. But I wouldn't worry about dirt or spills unlike with my glam because it can be wiped so easily.

I'm not too worried about the bending issue. It wouldn't happen instantaneously. Kids are destructive for sure, but you would catch them doing something to your bag before it could cause any permanent damage with bending/creasing. When I've test packed my bag a few times to carry it around the house there were a few things bending the leather out a bit but it popped back into place no problem. I would be more worried about storing it carefully though. I plan to keep mine stuffed, upright, and slightly separated from my other bags so nothing rests on it for long periods.

The Saffiano looks more sophisticated while the glam is casual only, if that matters to you.

One awesome thing about the glam is the outside pocket, forgot to mention that before.

I have both. Haven't used the saffiano yet but have a good feel for it.

Fabric glams are more comfortable to carry and are lighter. Also can get rained on no problem. If you get a light colored one, it can show stains/dirt. There is a cleaner, but it's not perfect depending on what you get on it. Although the glam is relatively worry free, I still don't let my kids get near it when their hands are dirty. And I'm careful where I set it down.

The Saffiano is a little heavier because it's leather, and not quite as comfy because it doesn't squish or slouch. But I wouldn't worry about dirt or spills unlike with my glam because it can be wiped so easily.

I'm not too worried about the bending issue. It wouldn't happen instantaneously. Kids are destructive for sure, but you would catch them doing something to your bag before it could cause any permanent damage with bending/creasing. When I've test packed my bag a few times to carry it around the house there were a few things bending the leather out a bit but it popped back into place no problem. I would be more worried about storing it carefully though. I plan to keep mine stuffed, upright, and slightly separated from my other bags so nothing rests on it for long periods.

The Saffiano looks more sophisticated while the glam is casual only, if that matters to you.

One awesome thing about the glam is the outside pocket, forgot to mention that before.
Awesome review from someone who has both! Thanks so much for info. I am pretty casual (SAHM)...kind of leaning towards glam, but will check out other one whenever I get to fp store before this PCE ends! :smile:

I don't have kids, but I use a leather glam tote for teaching/working at a university... I picked it specifically for the risks it would face (dirt, wear and tear, size, etc) and let me tell you - that thing gets hauled around campus, on buses, set on the floor (eee!), bumped into, rubbed on the side of my car, on door frames, and who knows what else... Not to mention stuffed full of books, papers, calculators, gladware, etc... and it never seems to get full, or show wear and tear. It's a workhorse!

Edit: Depending on the material/bag you choose, you can also spray it with Apple Gard to help protect it from stains/rain.

Last edited: