Just one Birkin and Kelly: Which colors would you choose?

Hello there MORGANNG.... good to "see" you again!
Yes, it's hard to imagine you with 1 Birkin and 1 Kelly...

On this topic, I think you would want one light, one dark.
If you wear a lot of black then a black Birkin or Kelly would be good. Otherwise, I would go with a dark brown like chocolate or ebene.
For the lighter color, i find gold really useful, but etoupe is also nice depending on your wardrobe.
For me personally if I can only have two, I would stick with neutrals.

Dear Ms. HN:

OMG!!! Your story brought back so much memories.... It happened to me too 2-3 years ago and then it went from 2 to 4 to 6 to .....

For starter, 1 lighter tone for spring/summer and 1 darker tone for fall/winter.

GOOD LUCK and HAPPY SHOPPING!!!!

I'm surprised no one mentioned Blue Jean Birkin? Love mine ~ it goes with work suits and jeans. As for Kelly, not that I have one now, but I'd like one in Fuschia, still looking!

something from the brown family (light medium brwn like tabac camel or gold) and some shade of red!
both shades go with everything much more than any black would do!

if you really wear more than 60% black than one can think about a black bag (instead of ay brown shade)!

I would think that if you wear a lot of black then a colour such as red would look good. Sometimes it's nice to contrast to draw attention to the accesories and liven up an outfit rather than allowing accessories to "blend in". Mai Tai and the "H it up" thread really show the difference. There are photos of very simple outfits tranformed with accesories and theres a photo of a black outfit with a black bag and it doesn't stand out as much. Have a look - it may help :smile:

Last edited:
Since we're spending so much on these bags, I think we should let them pop. So, I'd say BRIGHT colors for both birkin & kelly... e.g. blue jean, pelouse, fuschia, rouge vif, orange, etc.