Just My Luck!

patzgirl

Oct 13, 2010
I can't believe! I finally decide I'm just gonna keep my Delightful, use it and be happy. And wouldn't you know I was going inside a store today and went to put my keys in the bag and I noticed there is now either a grease spot or ink on the strap! I tried to get it off with a white pencil eraser, but nothing! I have no idea how it even got there because I am so careful about my hands being clean before using it. I had been in another store earlier and a lady stopped me that was carrying a Stresa and she pointed to my bag but I don't know that she touched it. It's almost more of a smudge than a spot. Is there anything I can do? Gah, I just wish it would hurry up and patina. Is there anything I can do safely to make that happen faster?

TIA!

Sorry about the spot on your bag. I hate when other people touch my bag.

If it is a grease spot, you are in luck. Some babywipes should get it out. I had a grease spot on my vachetta before and managed to remove it with multiple applications of baby wipes.

I would wipe the spot back and forth 4-5 times then let it dry. Then i would repeat until the spot is gone.

I've never had a pen/ink spot on my leather before so i cant offer any advice on that.

Ok, I tried the wipes on a very small spot and I can still see the the black mark. Now I'm sweating it because the spot is either taking forever to dry or it's gonna be darker! Oh man, I am way too OCD for this! LOL!

Here is it, I probably should have just left it alone because it doesn't look like it's drying at all:sad:

lvdee001.jpg

Aww i'm so sorry for you i hate it when you are so careful with your bags and they still get marked/ damaged. But its a beautiful bag and this tiny flaw will not distract from that so don't worry too much. My family are terrible with my bags they don't know the value of them so they throw them on the floor and once my dog ran off with my irene i found him starting to munch on the strap i nearly cried!

it'll dry up but don't do anything else to the other spot. you don't want to make it worst by drying up the leather.

ITA!

I would NOT use baby wipes. I tried the alcohol free one's on my BH and it changes the texture of the vachetta. Doesn't have the soft texture any more.

Honestly, I know it bugs you but I don't think it looks that bad. I would really have to be looking the bag over to even notice it. I have the delightful mm and the underside of the strap was getting slightly dirty. I used a damp cloth with a little bit of dove soap and wiped it gently. Removed the dirt and the vachetta still feels like new!

Once the vachetta darkens you won't even notice it. I have been tanning mine to darken faster.

Relax and enjoy your bag. :okay:

Well, I've gotten over it, for now anyway:smile: The spot where I used the baby wipe is STILL there, so I guess it's stained but at least it's not huge and really not that noticeable. That's for sure a lesson learned, no more baby wipes on vachetta!