Just Killing Time Reveal

Ryan

O.G.
Feb 8, 2006
NYC
I had plans to meet a friend on Saturday to help her pick colors for her Vuitton Mon Monogram tote. I was a little early, so thought I'd stop in to Hermes on Madison just for fun. No way will they have what I want, I thought.

I walked in, went to the lower level, took a cruise around, and identified a salesperson who seemed friendly. Asked her if they had what I was looking for, and she took my name and address (to check to see if I had purchased before, I'm thinking?) and said she would check for me. A few minutes later, she asked me to meet her in the VIP room. She took the lid of a big orange box, and "CRAP!" I said to myself. Now what do I do? I was face-to-face with the bag I've been wanting for the last 8 years of my life. I'm a tiny spender in the world of Hermes, so I never imagined to be holding the bag of my dreams. My hands literally shook as I tried to unclasp it.

I told the salesperson I wanted to get my friend's opinion as this could be a large purchase for me. "OF course," she said ever so sweetly. "We can hold this for you for five minutes." Well, hmm. Not so helpful. I called my friend, no answer. My life flashed before my eyes. "I'll take it."

The whole process from start to finish took about 7 minutes. I have the funds. I love the bag. I just wasn't expecting to find it on a random Saturday at the Madison store. I keep telling myself it's like having a baby - if you wait until you're 100% ready, you'll never have it. Right?

It's gorgeous, I love it, I have been admiring it non-stop since I purchased it. Now I just have to work up the courage to use it!

Et voila, my new Etain Birkin 40 in Togo.

Ryan

mail-1.jpeg

**Chanel**

Trying to b good ^_^
O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Escaping from Ban Island;-)
Ohh, Ryan, what a lovely story, I am soooo happy for you :yahoo:! Things always come when you don't expect them IMO.
Your Birkin is beautiful and Etain is such a nice neutral. Many congratulations to you and enjoy in the best of health :biggrin:.
Thank you for sharing ~

luckylove

Sep 5, 2012
Ryan, your birkin is gorgeous! Sometimes, our dreams come true when we least expect it! Congratulations! Wear it in the best of health!

Jan 14, 2013
Congrats Ryan! I've been waiting for Etain birkins for a long long time. Did you say 40 CM specifically? Or you just told the SA your color preference and she offered this 40 CM? I want a 35 CM so badly.

Pinkydream

O.G.
Dec 24, 2006
Europe
Such a cool classic b, what a lucky find!! This bag was meant for you:smile: big congrats and wear the b in the best of health:smile:

meazar

Dec 13, 2011
Bucks, Park City
Congrats! I got my Etain b35 at Madison in December and took her out for the first time this weekend- I was waiting for perfect weather! Enjoy her- she goes beautifully with everything!

Ryan

O.G.
Feb 8, 2006
NYC
Congrats Ryan! I've been waiting for Etain birkins for a long long time. Did you say 40 CM specifically? Or you just told the SA your color preference and she offered this 40 CM? I want a 35 CM so badly.
Thank you! I asked for a 40 CM Birkin. I didn't specify the color; it's my first Birkin (and probably last) so I was willing to see what was available and go from there.

I wear jeans every day, and a lot of blue in general, so I thought it would be a good, versatile choice for me.

Good luck on the search for your own etain!

Ryan

Jan 14, 2013
Thank you! I asked for a 40 CM Birkin. I didn't specify the color; it's my first Birkin (and probably last) so I was willing to see what was available and go from there.

I wear jeans every day, and a lot of blue in general, so I thought it would be a good, versatile choice for me.

Good luck on the search for your own etain!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. Etain goes with anything. I am sure you will enjoy it a lot. Post some pics so that we can enjoy your birkin with you. I am happy for you!

Ryan

O.G.
Feb 8, 2006
NYC
Thanks Ryan. Etain goes with anything. I am sure you will enjoy it a lot. Post some pics so that we can enjoy your birkin with you. I am happy for you!
Here's a quick photo (no shoes!) before I took it for a spin around the block. I'm 6' tall and a bigger guy to give you an idea of the size.

Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 5.34.33 PM.png