Just Killing Time Reveal

Ryan

O.G.
Feb 8, 2006
I had plans to meet a friend on Saturday to help her pick colors for her Vuitton Mon Monogram tote. I was a little early, so thought I'd stop in to Hermes on Madison just for fun. No way will they have what I want, I thought.

I walked in, went to the lower level, took a cruise around, and identified a salesperson who seemed friendly. Asked her if they had what I was looking for, and she took my name and address (to check to see if I had purchased before, I'm thinking?) and said she would check for me. A few minutes later, she asked me to meet her in the VIP room. She took the lid of a big orange box, and "CRAP!" I said to myself. Now what do I do? I was face-to-face with the bag I've been wanting for the last 8 years of my life. I'm a tiny spender in the world of Hermes, so I never imagined to be holding the bag of my dreams. My hands literally shook as I tried to unclasp it.

I told the salesperson I wanted to get my friend's opinion as this could be a large purchase for me. "OF course," she said ever so sweetly. "We can hold this for you for five minutes." Well, hmm. Not so helpful. I called my friend, no answer. My life flashed before my eyes. "I'll take it."

The whole process from start to finish took about 7 minutes. I have the funds. I love the bag. I just wasn't expecting to find it on a random Saturday at the Madison store. I keep telling myself it's like having a baby - if you wait until you're 100% ready, you'll never have it. Right?

It's gorgeous, I love it, I have been admiring it non-stop since I purchased it. Now I just have to work up the courage to use it!

Et voila, my new Etain Birkin 40 in Togo.

Ryan

mail-1.jpeg

Ohh, Ryan, what a lovely story, I am soooo happy for you :yahoo:! Things always come when you don't expect them IMO.
Your Birkin is beautiful and Etain is such a nice neutral. Many congratulations to you and enjoy in the best of health :biggrin:.
Thank you for sharing ~

Congrats Ryan! I've been waiting for Etain birkins for a long long time. Did you say 40 CM specifically? Or you just told the SA your color preference and she offered this 40 CM? I want a 35 CM so badly.

Congrats! I got my Etain b35 at Madison in December and took her out for the first time this weekend- I was waiting for perfect weather! Enjoy her- she goes beautifully with everything!

Congrats Ryan! I've been waiting for Etain birkins for a long long time. Did you say 40 CM specifically? Or you just told the SA your color preference and she offered this 40 CM? I want a 35 CM so badly.

Thank you! I asked for a 40 CM Birkin. I didn't specify the color; it's my first Birkin (and probably last) so I was willing to see what was available and go from there.

I wear jeans every day, and a lot of blue in general, so I thought it would be a good, versatile choice for me.

Good luck on the search for your own etain!

Ryan

Thank you! I asked for a 40 CM Birkin. I didn't specify the color; it's my first Birkin (and probably last) so I was willing to see what was available and go from there.

I wear jeans every day, and a lot of blue in general, so I thought it would be a good, versatile choice for me.

Good luck on the search for your own etain!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan. Etain goes with anything. I am sure you will enjoy it a lot. Post some pics so that we can enjoy your birkin with you. I am happy for you!