Just in Time! Price Increases. (My Mistake Was Looking at .CA Website, Please Ignore)

jlwilliams559

Mar 10, 2017
I know I've heard on the forums that LV regularly does price increases and now instead of across the board is only doing them on items on a case by case basis. I would say in the past I never noticed them as I was not shopping to buy but now that I am... omgoshes! I very luckily paid the difference for my Neverfull GM awaiting the acceptance of my returned Neverfull MM (this was just a couple of days ago) only to see the price has increased by $360.00! Are price increase normally so much? Are they always annual? I had also had my eye on the Speedy 25 B in Empreinte and now that it is over $3,000.00 I am definitely undecided. What are your thoughts?

It kind of makes sense as I know Louis Vuitton has had a strategy in place to improve the exclusivity of their brand by making the intro level options (in their mind anything made of canvas) more expensive so not everyone has one and the market isn't over-saturated devaluing them but! when I did the math this is 25% increase (which I honestly think is crazy) while the company they are probably taking cues from i.e Chanel has done on average an 11.5% increase a year over the course of the last 6 years. What are your thoughts?

I'm a totally idiot! I was looking at the website on my phone and realized it was .ca (not sure where this is from) and that's why the prices were different! How do I go about having this thread deleted? I don't want to give anyone a heart attack!

Are you sure you're looking at it right? I'm in the UK but will be visiting the USA in a couple of weeks and have been comparing prices on the two sites to try and justify a purchase to myself. The Speedy b 5 emp is one of the pieces I've been lusting over but it's still $2550 I assume thats +tax??

Are you sure you're looking at it right? I'm in the UK but will be visiting the USA in a couple of weeks and have been comparing prices on the two sites to try and justify a purchase to myself. The Speedy b 5 emp is one of the pieces I've been lusting over but it's still $2550 I assume thats +tax??

No, I'm not right (See Title). I googled the LV website on my phone and it brought me straight to another countries LV website without my noticing.... When I looked on my laptop to double double check (it was early morning on my phone and I thought maybe I was dreaming or something lol...) I realized my mistake! EDIT: It was actually Canada's LV website and that's why there wasn't a different currency denotation it looks exactly like the US. Unfortunately, I just don't know how to "delete" a post or how to ask a mod to do it....

Apologies!

Reactions: tinks14
It doesn't include TAX (tears forever). My husband went to Europe recently and that's where my most recent bag came from. We got 15% back on the bag and that's a total savings of 600USD. I'd only buy in Europe if at all possible. I don't think you get reimbursed anything if you buy here, right?

It doesn't include TAX (tears forever). My husband went to Europe recently and that's where my most recent bag came from. We got 15% back on the bag and that's a total savings of 600USD. I'd only buy in Europe if at all possible. I don't think you get reimbursed anything if you buy here, right?

Yes I'm shocked at the higher prices. But want something made in USA in my collection. Not sure I can part with my cash knowing how much cheaper it is in the UK. Thanks for the info though.