Just In Time..I Got A Vintage Coach...

LunaLove

@LunaPrat
Mar 15, 2011
After all my sadness with my Coach Sofia's which have all broken for me and my Kristens...I took a break from Coach and got my money back, it was a gift from my BF and my mom. My mom knowing I love Coach especially their vintage stuff surprised me with a Black (the color I needed, I only have one small black bag, a Coach classic basic bag) vintage bag. To me it looks like a Patricia Legacy bag.. ( http://www.coach.com/online/handbag...55-en?t1Id=62&t2Id=5000000000000052055&tier=2 )It has the same 4 last digits 9951 ...that means its the same style right? Or no cause its so old? It was made in the US (!!!) and the whole creed is: PIL 9951

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,979
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,896
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,874
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,783
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think that serial number is used by counterfeiters. You should have your bag authenticated in the authenticate this thread.

P1L is attached to fakes. I could definitely be wrong. DemRam and Hyacinth would know for sure.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think that serial number is used by counterfeiters. You should have your bag authenticated in the authenticate this thread.

P1L is attached to fakes. I could definitely be wrong. DemRam and Hyacinth would know for sure.

I agree with kathy2614...The letter "P" is not a month code that is legitimate for ANY Coach bag.

Sorry! It looks like the correct style - but it's not.

:nogood:

I'm sorry! I've picked up a few fakes, too. Some of them are very convincing!

But I have found some great vintage bags at terrific prices, so keep trying. I am working on a black Stewardess bag right now and she may just turn out to be my favorite rehab project so far!

If I buy a used bag online, I have it authenticated here before I buy (or at least before I pay - because I have been known to "impulse bid" at the last moment of auctions!)

If I buy at a thrift store, garage sale, or flea market I try and examine it carefully and then have it authenticated here, before I waste time trying to restore it. I also try and keep the price down just in case I am fooled. Good luck!

My mom's heart is def in the right place, I wonder if I should tell her? :sad:

No, I wouldn't, unless she can get her money back with no problems. It depends on your mom's character though. If she's like mine was and gets mad when she thinks someone's trying to take advantage of her, she might be willing to show her claws if it means getting a refund. If she's not the fighting type, then just take off the hangtag if it has one and consider it a nice generic leather bag. Just don't sell it or donate it when it's time to discard it.

And more than likely the seller didn't know it was fake either. Those fakes of classic bags can be so accurate that it's scary, and there are some that really can't be authenticated either way unless they're right in front of you and you have what you know is a genuine bag for comparison.

No, I wouldn't, unless she can get her money back with no problems. It depends on your mom's character though. If she's like mine was and gets mad when she thinks someone's trying to take advantage of her, she might be willing to show her claws if it means getting a refund. If she's not the fighting type, then just take off the hangtag if it has one and consider it a nice generic leather bag. Just don't sell it or donate it when it's time to discard it.

And more than likely the seller didn't know it was fake either. Those fakes of classic bags can be so accurate that it's scary, and there are some that really can't be authenticated either way unless they're right in front of you and you have what you know is a genuine bag for comparison.

its so sad! The leather is amazing ! Yea my mom is loud, but she knows the risk, she won't be sad for herself, mostly for me, but the sentiment means more than the bag. So its all good. Thanks for your help.

It lists that serial number in this article from eBay. I don't think it's real.
Sorry :sad::sad:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Fake-Coach-Serial-Numbers-NT-4903-and-more_W0QQugidZ10000000002744619

Thanks for posting this..I have several vintage Coach's, that I plan to no longer use, and I will look at their serial #'s. I usually spot fake one's that are vintage because the leather is so hard on them not soft at all. I would like to know if there are any out there that are soft leather that are fake?

Thanks for posting this..I have several vintage Coach's, that I plan to no longer use, and I will look at their serial #'s. I usually spot fake one's that are vintage because the leather is so hard on them not soft at all. I would like to know if there are any out there that are soft leather that are fake?

You bet there are - in fact I have one in my closet that I bought on Ebay. :cry:

Like you said, some of the fakes have stiff leather, but a LOT of classic & vintage leather fakes are made of very good quality materials, and even the feel of the bag won't give you any clues that it's fake. The counterfeit Willis I have is as soft and scrunchable as any genuine bag that's been used and taken care of - the only way I found out is was fake was when someone at another forum asked for an authenticity check on a different style bag that had exactly the same all-number 7 digit serial as mine and I happened to check my insurance list and spotted the number. Other than that the inside pocket was made a bit differently but the rest of the bag was a really close fake.

And we've seen a lot of close fakes here. Sometimes mistakes in the serial numbers are the only things that give them away.