Just how white is parchemin??

Nankali

O.G.
Aug 30, 2009
Yep, sorry folks, it is me again, asking about H colors.. :P But what can I say, your help is just priceless! :yes:
So, I have slowly got more and more intrigued by the color parchemin. My inspiration has been Kerry Rutherford and her beautiful parchemin Kelly (with the small difference that my H items should always be with PHW, or so I think..) These are the pics I am talking about:
KRwithparcheminKelly-1.png

KRwithparcheminkelly.jpg

In these pics the parchemin color is the exact what I am looking for. But then I see pics of other parchemin items and the color is much whiter and people often call parchemin as white category color.. So, I am confused, just how white is parchemin?
If I want a Kelly like KR has, is parchemin the right choice? And what leather should I choose in order to have as much brown undertones as possible (and less white)?? ps. I am considering the 28 size.
TIA folks!! :ty:

I have a Parchemin Kelly Wallet and the photo's of KR's Kelly are a very good representation of the true colour. IMO Parchemin is beige/ dark cream.

Last edited:
I don't think you can see much white in it! As I have a tri colour with beige n parchemin, they look very similar, always need a very close look before u can distinguish the two colour. So beige is more dark, n parchemin should be a lighter beige creamy colour!!

Thank you flower_power!!! I am relieved to hear it has beige/yellow undertone. I can't picture myself using a white bag so it def has to have beige undertones, a LOT of them!
Skes2002, I am so happy to hear that those pics give the right representation of parchemin!! What leather is your parchemin wallet?? I would want something softer than togo or even clemence (also because all my H bags are in togo or clemence). Do you know what leather is KR:s Kelly??
Forever132, thank you!! Light creamy beige is exact what I am looking for! I have lots of beige and brown clothes and I would want to use my light color Kelly with them, especially during the summer. I have a gold togo Kelly so I want the second one to be lot lighter, something delicate in softer leather with summer dresses and more dressed up occasions. KR:s Kelly looks just like that!
Hi Minda! Yes, I have seen your thread and loved the picture of you and your beautiful parchemin Kelly. Congrats! You both look SO chic!! I just wish I could have make the picture larger.. It is too tiny to see the color tone. Did you see parchemin in any other leather, like swift etc or was togo your only choice?? As I have one togo Kelly already I am thinking something softer.. And now that you have used it, how much do you have to baby your parchemin Kelly? Do you have to be extra careful with it?? ps. LOL, I loved your story, I think I will some day use that trick with my DH too..:biggrin:

Dear Ranag, such a GREAT picture!! It really shows the difference well. Thank you so much! :flowers: I have to admit that GHW does look good with parhemin.. May I still ask what leather is your lovely Lindy??

Dear Ranag, such a GREAT picture!! It really shows the difference well. Thank you so much! :flowers: I have to admit that GHW does look good with parhemin.. May I still ask what leather is your lovely Lindy??

Both the Lindy and the Victoria in the photo are Clemence.

IMHO the gold hardware "warms up" the Parchemin color ;)

Thank you Jadeite! What a BEAUTIFUL picture indeed! It really is like vanilla, so pretty. Can I ask, what are the specs of you bag?? It's Kelly, right??
I totally agree with you Ranag! That is what I think too about the parchemin and gold, and that is why I am thinking if I should dare to to try the GHW.. On the otherhand all my jewerlies etc are silver or white gold, so it will be a tough decision..

mine is an epsom birkin. the colour in epsom is a lot less 'yellow' vs togo and clemence but a lot more yellow vs white. vanilla is the best way i can describe it.

^^ Thank you Jadeite, your Birkin is a simply gorgeous! Epsom is a new acquaintance to me (owning currently only togo and clemence, I am all confused between swift, evercalf, epsom and other smooth leathers..:confused1:). Does anybody know what leather gives most brownish undertones to parchemin (a mom of two lively little girls I want as carefree as possible)?? I am especially interested in other leathers than clemence and togo. Parchemin in clemence obviously is darker than in epsom, but I would want as grainless look as possible. Box might be a bit too stiff (and I have reserved box for my hopefully-one-day-to-come ebene box 28 Kelly) but what is it there between those two?? The leather in KR:s Kelly looks nice..