just how urgent is it to buy now??

Watson's Mom

My Newest Friends!
O.G.
May 5, 2008
Hi Ladies - being new to the forum (just bought a FN and Boogie 2 weeks ago and love them), I am learning the Tano ropes from all of you, and the extremely patient TE! I have been following the whole Tano cycle and understand there are two "seasons" when the new bags come in. There is quite a frenzy around all this, and I can see how easy it is to get caught up in it!

From the threads I have read, there's a great deal of urgency to purchase something, so my question to you Tano vets is this --how much of this is simply impulse buying just because of what others are saying, or do some of these Tanos really sell out never to be seen again? I can see how you can just keep buying these, because the atmosphere in here is so addicting, and you kinda lose yourself!!

There are many nice bags coming a few months down the road that I would love to buy, but at around $200 a pop, I can only buy one or two and can't spend a thousand bucks on purses, so I really have to be selective. And I know I am not the only here who must operate this way. What are your thoughts on this? I don't want to blow my purse budget all right now due to this frenzy, but it's getting so hard not to! I need to wait, but if it's true what ladies are saying about these selling out, I am feeling VERY pressured to buy something. Help!!! Thanks!

I am new, too, and dealing with the same thing (I just bought 2 Boogies in a row!). I am resisting even considering buying another bag until late November. Here's what I figure: even if I miss something, it's just a purse, and something even better will come along. I do a lot of shopping in thrift stores and the same thing applies. If it isn't just the right thing, I won't buy it. If I regret not buying it, something else will come along!

^^ I am in the same boat as you, Watson's Mom. :smile: There's a particular bag that I'm dying for, but I know if I don't act soon, it will be gone...but I can't act until I have the funds. :sad: I know it will be gone soon as I've contacted MHB - they have one!! - and LB - it's not even available for special order from Tano anymore!! So I'm feeling the pressure...but I figure, if it was meant to be mine, it will still be available when I'm ready for it. If not....it wasn't meant to be, and I'll just hope that it pops up on ebay sometime in the future.

So I'm not really much help as I am new to Tano, too, but in this particular case, it seems like there is some urgency. Isn't it true that Tano only makes so many of each bag, and once they're gone, they're gone? So in that sense, there is pressure. But, if you only have a certain budget, then it makes sense to wait for something you know you really want. I impulsively bought the Miss Print from TOB because it was on sale and I had funds....I ended up returning the bag and am now waiting for a refund, which will go to the bag that I hope will still be available once I have those funds.

I am rambling here...I guess my point is, while there is some urgency, you can only do so much with the funds you have. Better (in my experience) to wait for something you know you will really love, than to impulsively purchase because you feel like you have to.

Does that even make sense? I need more coffee. :confused1::P

Ladies, don't feel TOO crazed!!! :police:

Let me give you a crash course in Tano-ing:

Tano is very different from most handbag companies insomuch they do not spit out the same bag over and over again in mass quantities. For the current season (Fall 2008) the Boogie Bucket is being made in a certain number of colors. When those Boogies in those colors are sold out they are gone. Now...the Boogie is a Tano "staple" bag so it'll be back for Holiday and Spring '09...but never again in these Fall '08 colors.

Other Tano styles may not EVER be made again. For instance, the Self Service is a brand new style for Fall '08. They have not 'hit the shelf' yet but when they do and they are sold out they are just ... well... gone! This isn't to say they won't EVER show up again but they will not ever be made in these Fall colors again...so if the style is never reissued this batch will be all there ever is.

The Minilisa for Fall '08 is a repeated style but it has been two years (four seasons) since it was offered. It may not ever come back....or it may show up in another collection down the road. Either way, when the Fall '08 Minilisa's are gone...that's it (are you sensing a theme here? haha)....

That is why pre-ordering Tano bags is highly suggested...especially on high demand colors and styles (i.e.: Grape Minilisas or Blueberry Getting Warmers).... this may likely be the one and only time to get the style and definitely the only time to get these colors.

This makes Tano bags (in my hot opinion) a lot more fun to collect and it makes eBay-ing older styles and colors of Tano bags more of a sport than just a place to shop!

A lot of us have learned that with each new season the best thing to do is find out for sure what items will be in production and in what colors and pick and choose based on your budget and pre-order as soon as that option is available from whomever you buy from.

HAPPY TANO-ING and good luck!!!!!

I think that a lot of people feel this pressure, not just in Tano, but in some other forums where that 'perfect bag' is only available for a certain period of time. I do think there is some added pressure because Tano only has a certain amount of leather they use for certain styles (from my understanding) so once they're gone, that's it. However, the good news is that I've found so many styles I like that it's a reminder that if I miss something now, something else will come along from Tano that I love, too.

I have yet to receive my first Tano (it's out for delivery today!), but I can see how easy it is to get caught up.

What helps me is to take an inventory of what I have already. Is the bag I love too similar to another one? Can I see myself using the bag in my daily life? I also try to step away from the computer for awhile to give me some time to think if it's something I KNOW will be right for me or if I'm just getting caught up in the hype.

I always live by the idea that if it's meant to be it will find a way so I know that if there's a bag that I really want and I miss out on it, then there must be something better in my future :yes: and plus I'm a 20 year old college student on medical leave (my stupid back) so there is really no way I can get crazy and buy every bag that I love. Just pick the one that really speaks to you and you love. I bought one bag from the first fall set and probably will ask for a second for my birthday or Christmas. I just made sure it was a style and color that I knew I would use and love and I made sure to order from MHB so if for some reason I didn't I could return it easily. You just have to make sure you do what's best for you. You seem like a very smart lady so I'm sure you will make great decisions ;)

The really great thing about Tano is that there will always be plenty of styles to love. So, if you miss one bag, another great bag will always come along that you will love.. Unless of course, it is one you know you really can't live without- then you have to grab it while you can!

Ladies, don't feel TOO crazed!!! :police:

Let me give you a crash course in Tano-ing:

Tano is very different from most handbag companies insomuch they do not spit out the same bag over and over again in mass quantities. For the current season (Fall 2008) the Boogie Bucket is being made in a certain number of colors. When those Boogies in those colors are sold out they are gone. Now...the Boogie is a Tano "staple" bag so it'll be back for Holiday and Spring '09...but never again in these Fall '08 colors.

Other Tano styles may not EVER be made again. For instance, the Self Service is a brand new style for Fall '08. They have not 'hit the shelf' yet but when they do and they are sold out they are just ... well... gone! This isn't to say they won't EVER show up again but they will not ever be made in these Fall colors again...so if the style is never reissued this batch will be all there ever is.

The Minilisa for Fall '08 is a repeated style but it has been two years (four seasons) since it was offered. It may not ever come back....or it may show up in another collection down the road. Either way, when the Fall '08 Minilisa's are gone...that's it (are you sensing a theme here? haha)....

That is why pre-ordering Tano bags is highly suggested...especially on high demand colors and styles (i.e.: Grape Minilisas or Blueberry Getting Warmers).... this may likely be the one and only time to get the style and definitely the only time to get these colors.

This makes Tano bags (in my hot opinion) a lot more fun to collect and it makes eBay-ing older styles and colors of Tano bags more of a sport than just a place to shop!

A lot of us have learned that with each new season the best thing to do is find out for sure what items will be in production and in what colors and pick and choose based on your budget and pre-order as soon as that option is available from whomever you buy from.

HAPPY TANO-ING and good luck!!!!!

The best & most kind explanation. :heart:

Thank you, Voodoo!!:balloon:

Oh yes, pressure to buy is definitely present on tpf; not just in Tano! And, I know I'm a total enabler but please please please DO NOT buy bags you cannot afford! No bag is worth debt!!!

My deal with tano is that I like SO many of their bags that I don't worry TOO much about it. My goal is more to get the COLORS I want and there are usually multiple options for each color so I know I can get something. For example, I kind of wanted a pool amanda playwith last season but I also wanted to get a french nanny... the lawn amanda playwith went on sale so I got it and later got the french nanny in pool!

The getting warmer bag in grape is HOT HOT HOT as is the boogie (and every other style!) and they are going so fast but I know I will find SOME great bag in that color eventually!

That might have been really confusing but here's the deal: if there is a particular style bag in a particular color that you HAVE TO HAVE then you HAVE to get it because you will kick yourself if you let it slide. If it's just a particular bag or a particular color you love then you can wait a little longer to decide! :biggrin: Good luck and remember, only buy what you can truly afford!

well Ladies, that's alot of great advice. I agree about not getting into debt over a purse, so I am going to hold fast. I am the one who grabbed the beaujolais boogie and it's sitting behind me right now - I am deciding whether to keep her or sell her on ebay at this point. I wanted a truffle something, and also a pomegranate something, and I must be honest and admit this one fills both bills nicely and I could survive with this beaujolais, and wait later for the other styles to come out. I definitely have a problem with owning an item in every color it's made in - I did it with watches, sandals, bracelets, and other brands of purses in the past, so I am trying to resist the urge to do it with Tanos!! thanks for all your kind words and help!!

Well, then just stick with the beaujolais! If you admitted it, then it means its true and although pom and truffle are amazingly beautiful... you might as well wait (or hold out until you can't take it anymore lol!)

well Ladies, that's alot of great advice. I agree about not getting into debt over a purse, so I am going to hold fast. I am the one who grabbed the beaujolais boogie and it's sitting behind me right now - I am deciding whether to keep her or sell her on ebay at this point. I wanted a truffle something, and also a pomegranate something, and I must be honest and admit this one fills both bills nicely and I could survive with this beaujolais, and wait later for the other styles to come out. I definitely have a problem with owning an item in every color it's made in - I did it with watches, sandals, bracelets, and other brands of purses in the past, so I am trying to resist the urge to do it with Tanos!! thanks for all your kind words and help!!

Looks like the Pomegranate and Truffle colors will be available at least through the Holiday collection, so maybe you can hold out? Maybe you will grow to love the Beaujolais bag!

I would say that the grape and raspberry are the most limited production colors and will be the hardest to find. Get your grape and raspberry bags as soon as the style that you want comes out!

Oh yes, pressure to buy is definitely present on tpf; not just in Tano! And, I know I'm a total enabler but please please please DO NOT buy bags you cannot afford! No bag is worth debt!!!

My deal with tano is that I like SO many of their bags that I don't worry TOO much about it. My goal is more to get the COLORS I want and there are usually multiple options for each color so I know I can get something. For example, I kind of wanted a pool amanda playwith last season but I also wanted to get a french nanny... the lawn amanda playwith went on sale so I got it and later got the french nanny in pool!

The getting warmer bag in grape is HOT HOT HOT as is the boogie (and every other style!) and they are going so fast but I know I will find SOME great bag in that color eventually!

That might have been really confusing but here's the deal: if there is a particular style bag in a particular color that you HAVE TO HAVE then you HAVE to get it because you will kick yourself if you let it slide. If it's just a particular bag or a particular color you love then you can wait a little longer to decide! :biggrin: Good luck and remember, only buy what you can truly afford!

I totally agree with all this. I definitely decide on the color(s) I want and then get a bag that fits my budget, lifestyle etc. at the time. Tano's styles are all very good and a lot of times I find a color I want on sale and get a style I might not have considered but end up loving!