Just how hard is it to take care of suede for everyday use?

aarti

T&co state of mind..
Nov 11, 2005
Girls who love and use their suede purses, how hard is it to take care of the material?

I bought the wristlet, and then returned it.. but I cant get it out of my mind and would love to use it for when I walk my dog.. but suede... outside? Crazy right?:Push:

I have 2 suede Coach bags. Mine are darK brown so I think they are easier to keep in good condition. I'd stay away from light colored suede as it gets dirty faster. I am pretty careful with my bags and they are still in great condition (they're about five years old).:flowers:

The one I want is the bordeaux, the dark wine-ish red?

chochetbella: can't take it out in the rain? oh darn I'm going to have to buy another wristlet then for rainy days..:graucho:

I've sprayed all of my suede with Shining Monkey since I've gotten it, and it's greatly reduced the dirt that gets on it! Also, a dark color is hard to stain anyways. I say go for it! :graucho:

I bought the Coach Spring 2004 Limited Edition Poppy Tote and matching wristlet. The leather and the monogram part of the purse are fine, but the suede part, it's awful. I sprayed it with suede protection, but it got dirty no matter how careful I was. I took it to a professional cleaner and it was never the same again. I don't think I would ever buy a suede purse again. I loved that purse, it was beautiful, now it just looked pathetic. :crybaby:

It gets a bit dirtier than any other fabric IMO (except for silk, I baby the silk bags). But it's not hard to clean at all. Just make sure it's not rubbing against anything a lot (especially dark colored clothing) and watch where you place your bag (what surfaces).