Just got the Puzzle Quilting Accordion.. need opinion

When I see this bag, it just captivates me cause it's a different kind of pattern style and finish. But then I'm wondering if I should just stick with the classic Chanels like the caviar. The bag isn't cheap, it's a dent of $2795 on my bank :nuts:... haha. Anyway, I'll attached a few pics of the inside of the bag for you.

Attachments

• chanelpuzzlein.jpg
    chanelpuzzlein.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 94
  • chanelpuzzle3.jpg
    chanelpuzzle3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Love it!! but I am biased as I have the same bag in red ;) I also got the electric blue tote :rolleyes: I have added them to my collection as I have a lot of the classics already and was wanting something different.

I honestly don't like the puzzle design on the outside but I agree that the inside looks as cheap as a $15 Walmart bag. I just don't get how it they can get away with just plain canvas for the amount of $$$ they ask for.
I know exactly how you feel about the canvas, I had the same feeling with the Timeless Accordion Flap, the leather outside feels dry and cheap and the canvas lining makes it look even cheaper, I was just not impressed by it for the $$$ that it costs.

I am like your hubby, in that I think it is just okay. I think its just a personal preference on this bag because I am not into the puzzle piece thing at all. I don't think it is a timeless bag at all.

love it. think it is stunning. my husband isn't really into bags either, so often when i'm admiring something, he's very blah/not excited about it. but i don't let it stop me! enjoy :smile:!!!

I returned both of mine. I think with time I would have regretted it if I had kept either one of them. Definitely was disappointed with the cream canvas interior-CHEAP. When I showed several people both the accordian and tote and told them the cost, they said absolutely return. I think it is a fun bag, but it does not look like it should for the cost. Just my opinion. I do believe you would be happier with a more classic bag.

I've got the white caviar flap accordion. I don't find it "dry" or cheap looking. I wasn't crazy about the lining, but a leather lining would have (a) made the bag cost a lot more money and (b) would have been far heavier to carry. I have a collection of different Chanel classics and I think only my Medium Flap and Medallion Tote have leather interiors. The rest are fabric lined. The new Mademoiselle bags are all lined in fabric as well. I certainly wouldn't call the puzzle bag "cheap looking as a $15 Walmart" bag. Ouch. Sorry, just my personal opinion.
Judy

Sorry to disagree with you Balto but the classic flaps are lined in leather and are not at all heavy, also I don't think that a leather interior should make it cost any more, the Modern Chain tote has a leather interior (a silver color, not plain black or gray) and it was $2650, it's just a way to cut back on costs on their side.

Sorry to disagree with you Balto but the classic flaps are lined in leather and are not at all heavy, also I don't think that a leather interior should make it cost any more, the Modern Chain tote has a leather interior (a silver color, not plain black or gray) and it was $2650, it's just a way to cut back on costs on their side.
I don't know about the costs and weight issue, but I tried three different accordion styles. One was the east-west lamb which was just an awful style for me. It just didn't seem to close right between the chains pinching in the sections just right and the metal plate on the front. So, that was a "no." The lambskin model, which I loved, I am pretty sure was line in leather, but I can't be sure, because I decided I wouldn't use it as much as the white. It was navy. I'm pretty sure the choice of fabric in this particular bag (mine) was to make it more pliable and easier to use. The chains are used to pull the sections together and it seemed to make a lot of sense that the bag wasn't leather inside because of the way it was engineered. My flaps are leather. I never said they weren't. I can't imagine using my accordian bag if it were leather-lined. I just don't think it would work.
Also, my Mademoiselle bag that I have ordered is also lined in fabric. That bag is going to cost a lot more $$ than the accordion style.
--Judy