Just got the Julie in Poudre!

alisonanna

O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
Just found a Julie on sale - my first BV!:heart: Love the color and the feel! So so excited, but I have a few questions before I decide whether to keep it.

How delicate is this color? I don't like to baby my bags, will I regret this?
Those with this color, is it versatile?
I also wonder if this shape is too deep, will I always be fighting to find things on the bottom?

thanks for any opinions - will post pics on Wednesday.

Congrats on your first BV!

I have always loved the Julie style, with its braided handles! Did you get the smaller or larger sized one? That might make a difference to whether or not you might have problems with finding your things at the bottom.

Personally, I'm a dirt magnet, so I prolly wouldn't be able to keep a Poudre anything clean. However, Poudre is such pretty colour, that I am sure you will be able to pair it with most outfits :yes:

Can't wait for pics!

Love the Poudre colour it's so perfect for summer, but it is pretty light so I would reckon it would get at least a bit dirty, depending on how much you baby your bags, but what the hell the colour is too pretty and at the end of the season you can always ask BV to send it off for cleaning. Many congrats, cant wait to see your pics.

the julie is one of my favorite styles, I can't wait to see your pictures!

the light color will be indeed a bit more difficult to keep pristine, but I in particular love the look of used bags. so just enjoy it!

Hi alisonanna, I have the poudre Julie too, in large size. I'm tall, so I enjoy the size -I bought mine from Blufly, where it was described as "oversized" but it looks proportional on me. I love the color, It's not as delicate as a white bag..Sounds strange, but this is my best smelling BV bag!

thanks for all of your comments
I will have to read the BV threads on care, maybe as Syma suggested, if I can get it cleaned when it gets dirty, that will work out.
The color is amazing, but I am more of a black bag girl, this is stepping way out of my box! Everyone in the store was oohing and aahing, that may have influenced my purchase.

Just received my bag - here are some photos - I guess it's the larger size
I don't know how to get a picture to focus in the mirror.
bott006.jpg

bott008.jpg

Congrats allisonanna, the poudre Julie looks fabulous on you! I too, like lawbabe, have this bag, and of my BVs it gets the most attention and oohs and aahs from others, especially SAs who know their bags! There's something so dramatic about the size, shape, braiding, color....just stunning in all ways. :yes: So enjoy it completely, and relish turning heads wherever you go!!

Oh, and about use - even though it's big I don't overload mine - just regular items - so it's not hard finding things and it doesn't stress the leather. It opens so wide there's never trouble accessing your items. I even throw a sweater in!