Just got my monimoni PLUM splendor [pics]...need advice

hey girls!

i just got my moni moni Plum Splendor today. And i had been anticipating for the bag to arrive.

I have mixed feeling about the bag. It's really cute, i love the shape and style of it...but the colour is what's holding me back :crybaby:

I don't kno how to describe the colour properly, it's VERY deep purple. The whole time i was expecting more of a dark browny coloured bag w/ purply-undertones. Bc that was my perception of the colour when i first saw the display pictures.

But to me...it's more purple than brown. but i was hoping for the color to be more ambiguous, and that's why i thought it was so unique...

i dunno what to do, i just don't think the colour suits my personal style...:confused1:

i dunno if i can justify keeping something this expensive if i'm not happy with the colour.....:confused1:

return? sell? or keep?

monibag003wn1.jpg

monibag008ov2.jpg

Personally I love the color- and the leather looks oh-so delicious and smooshy :drool: But if you're not feeling and don't think you'd ever use it then I'd return it.

hi princesspjpants!
Where did you order your moni moni from?

I personally think it is a beautiful colour - purple is a surprisingly great neutral. It goes with everything. In fact, I think it goes with your outfit you modelled in right not! I think this is a more beautiful colour than the caramel, which I first saw in real life picture on Lexie's bag!

I think this is an interesting change to your wardrobe! I personally think the purple is a great choice.

On a side question, do you have any other brown bags? If you do, I don't think you should think to get a brown bag. I think this purple is a beautiful colour for fall too!

But what I find from other users is that if you asked a question about the colour - that usually means you don't like it - so if you don't like it - then get a brown one. But if you ask me I would keep this one - its different and its beautiful!

I agree with both tPFers, the purple looks luscious and unique, exactly why I think it's gorgeous. But again, if you aren't happy, that's all that matters and you shouldn't keep it. I'm sure wherever you received it has a return policy?

I think you should give it a fair shot though, the leather does look amazing and it's so :tup:

You're actually quite lucky to have gotten this bag. From what I understand, plum is one of the most wanted colors and one of the hardest to come by. I think the bag is a gorgeous shade, and will compliment just about anything from jeans & a T to a nice pair of black pants to a pretty summary, floral dress.

You have to like it however in order to feel comfortable carrying it. If you decide you don't want it, you should definitely re-sell it, as I know there are LOTS of people who would jump at the chance to own a plum Splendor!

hi princesspjpants!
Where did you order your moni moni from?

i actually ordered from monimoni themselves.

On a side question, do you have any other brown bags? If you do, I don't think you should think to get a brown bag. I think this purple is a beautiful colour for fall too!

i actually don't have any brown bags...and was hoping that this was going to be "the one" back when i had thought it was browny-plum :sad:

...i only have a few bags and those are all in black too.

But what I find from other users is that if you asked a question about the colour - that usually means you don't like it - so if you don't like it - then get a brown one.

o gosh, i think so too.

i agree with iluvmybags, bc that's how i was feeling when i was tyring the plum on my shoulders...just uncomfy with how the colour looked like on me...

i think it's just too bold of a shade for my comfort level....

Hrrmmmm....would any happen to have any pics of the Splendor in Chocolate? i'm curious of what it looks like aside from the display pics....

I personally love the plum color but if you wanted a browner bag, this is definitely not it. The Caramel is a little darker than I expected. It's more brown than the orangish tan I was expecting. I think the chocolate color is very nice and probably more of what you want. If I liked Moni bags and had my choice, it would be plum though.

Wow, I LOVE it. But I love colors on my bags. If you're uncomfortable with the color - especially with a color that doesn't go with everything - you might not end up wearing it enough to warrant the purchase price, in which case I'd return it.

That is gorgeous! I, personally, really like bags in colors. I can speak from experience though that if you don't love it yourself you may not carry it enough to justify the purchase. It does look really good on you--great size.

It is a great bag but it you do not love it then you do not love it. In your pics it looks more eggplant then a plum color.

Tropical gal, The website for moni moni is www.monimonigirl.com they are also sold at adesa (spelling?) and sometimes they pop up on ebay for a deal as well.