Just got my CHANEL back from repair department PLEASE HELP!

YEANETT

O.G.
Apr 28, 2009
Hi ladies, I am new to Chanel Forum and I have been reading everything but do not find anything related to my problem. I am a lucky girl that owns a CHANEL COCO CABAS XL IN WHITE that still gets a lot of compliments but I had to send it to the CHANEL repair department to get the leather cleaned and the corners restored for me. After a long long time, today my husband went paid the $250.00 and got it back for me. The bag is totally clean and restored in the corners BUT the stitching on the LOGO right in the middle of the bag has been damaged. It seems as if though cleaning it some stitching broke and now it is looks cut and is sticking out. I'm afraid that aside from the fact that that doesn't look good, that it will keep loosing the stitching in that area now that its cut. Does anyone know how I could possibly correct this or care for it so that it doesn't get worse? Has anyone else had this problem and what have you done to fix it?

Thank you

I think you should contact the repair department and tell them about the problem.

You should expect to get your bag back in better condition than when you dropped it off. They should repair it for free and maybe you can even get them to refund the repair cost because it sounds like some major damage if your bag looks like it was cut. Some other girls on the forum have had issues with repairs but had them taken care of by taking the bag back to the same repair department.

Hope that helps and good luck. The best thing is if you don't try to repair it yourself.

I think you should contact the repair department and tell them about the problem.

You should expect to get your bag back in better condition than when you dropped it off. They should repair it for free and maybe you can even get them to refund the repair cost because it sounds like some major damage if your bag looks like it was cut. Some other girls on the forum have had issues with repairs but had them taken care of by taking the bag back to the same repair department.

Hope that helps and good luck. The best thing is if you don't try to repair it yourself.

ITA all the points above esp the last

I want to thank you so much for everything you all said to me, I just have one more thing to say. My husband was the person who took it to Neiman Marcus (CHANEL) and he is not sure but he says that he had to signed something that said that "they are not responsable bla, bla, bla"? does anyone had that problem or knows about this?.Thank you so much for your help.

I don't know where you're located BUT if you are on the east coast, Mid-Atlantic region all of Chanel's purse repairs are sent to Leather Surgeons.

Yes, your purse needs to be restitched by someone professionally, of course. BUT in addition to doing another repair, you need to send an email to Amy Miller, the corporate Chanel representative (in NYC). Corporate is aware of some issues/problems but they need to know that problems are still occurring.

i had my bag repaired once and i did not sign anything - but i also took it to a boutique. i would definitely call and complain, the loose stitching is a major issue and one you should not have to deal with. i would not take a refund, i would want the bag fixed! of course, it would be nice to get the bag fixed with a refund...:smile:

I don't know where you're located BUT if you are on the east coast, Mid-Atlantic region all of Chanel's purse repairs are sent to Leather Surgeons.

Yes, your purse needs to be restitched by someone professionally, of course. BUT in addition to doing another repair, you need to send an email to Amy Miller, the corporate Chanel representative (in NYC). Corporate is aware of some issues/problems but they need to know that problems are still occurring.

I am in Miami Florida, the store is Neiman Marcus in Coral Gables.If it is not to much to ask and if you have it, could you please give me Amy Miller's email address. I will let her know about this problem. I just had surgery and can't take my purse back to NM but my husband will do that for me.I got it back yesterday and he will take it back tomorrow afternoon. Thanks to all of you ladies.

I want to thank you so much for everything you all said to me, I just have one more thing to say. My husband was the person who took it to Neiman Marcus (CHANEL) and he is not sure but he says that he had to signed something that said that "they are not responsable bla, bla, bla"? does anyone had that problem or knows about this?.Thank you so much for your help.

NO! I purchased a Chanel necklace last year from Neiman Marcus and right before the year was up a pearl fell off! I sent it back and they repaired it for free because it was less than a year old and that is their policy. HOWEVER, after waiting 2 months when it was returned to me it looked HORRIBLE!!! They used a different color pearl and the stone next to it fell out right when I put the necklace on! The year had since passed but I personally spoke to the manager and explained the situation. I still had the original receipt and they refunded me. I feel that the manager should have you send it back, repair it and waive the second repair fees as well as any shipping costs. Hm...they never had me sign a waiver or document like that. I would speak to the NM Chanel manager as well as contact Amy Miller regarding this issue.

Last edited:
[email protected]. She's at corporate office in NYC.

Please, anyone else is having a problem, send an email. Doesn't have to be a long vent. The only way they can get a handle on the number of problems regarding repairs is to let them know.

I had a very similar problem. I picked it up from repair (having grommets replaced). It looked horrible. Like they had sanded down my corners. I suppose this happened when they were polishing the grommets. They pretended they didn't know what I was talking about. I left it there and called the manager of the store. She had my entire bag redyed perfectly. It looked like a brand new bag when I picked it up. Much better than before so I didn't complain. But you definitely have to involve a manager. Good luck.