JUST got my Asher but considering returning it.......Opinions please ladies!

Jun 30, 2006
The UPS man just dropped off my Lipstick Asher that I got for a GREAT price. I've been stalking the Asher for weeks and finally committed to the purchase since I found such a great deal.

It's GORGEOUS but here's my dilemma: it's too heavy!

When I was looking at the bag, I had some concerns that the hardware would weigh down the bag. My last bag had the same weight issues so I was looking for another bag that would hopefully be lighter and I don't really want to deal with another bag that is a touch on the heavier side.

So.....I'm on the fence. I love the bag but just don't know how practical it would be for me. I'm considering taking a job downtown which means lots of walking back and forth around the city so I honestly don't know if I want to carry such a heavy bag everywhere. I don't know if I want to give her up though, because well, she completes me. :love:

What do you ladies think???

My other option would be to return her but hold out for the Magnolia re-release. A bourdeux could sure be yummy!:biggrin:

Does anyone know how heavy the Magnolia is in comparison to the Asher?

TIA!

aznkat25

Closetfreak
Oct 22, 2006
The magnolia is definitely slightly lighter than the asher, but I don't believe the difference is huge. It's due to all the pleating and the braided handles.

Take your bag out for a test drive (load it up with your normal goodies) and try using the shoulder strap instead of the braided handles, it helps distribute the weight a lot and makes it easier to carry due to the wide strap..

honestly i've just gotten used to the weight... I carry a lot of junk around normally anyway... haha

even with the the weight it's definitely not as heavy as a stam! or some of the botkier bags... or chloe good lord those things are heavy!

starkfan

O.G.
Jan 18, 2009
I agree with aznkat, take it out for a test drive first! Or at least, load it up and carry it around the house, and see how it feels when you're actually carrying it. The shoulder strap option might help with the weight thing, so I hope that works! Nothing sucks more than having a bag that you love but that is impractical or not too functional when you carry it... :sad:

maddgiggler

May 20, 2008
I find that my Asher is a bit on the heavy side at times. When you're experimenting with it, try using it with the shoulder strap. It distributes the weight a bit differently. I use the strap when I am shopping or commuting to work.

tejava

O.G.
Jun 30, 2008
Yep, like aznkat25 said, the Magnilia is slightly lighter than Asher, but not in a great difference. I feel it's more comfortable to carry the Asher with the detachble strap. My first impression of the Asher was its heavy weight,too, but since the strap is comfortable, I decided I could live with it.

grkbella03

O.G.
Sep 20, 2007
Yup agree with that. I dont use the braided handles and the shoulder strap makes a big difference in my oppinion. My divino was so much heaver and the asher just felt alot lighter...plus you get used to it. Just try it with shoulder strap for a few days and see if it helps.

Drdolphin

O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
I'd say return it! But, that's just because I want it. :shame: No really, try loading it up and carrying it around the house. If you still think it is too heavy, I would return it. You won't use it if it' s too heavy.

teaparties

xoxo
O.G.
Dec 27, 2007
Like everyone else said, I would try the bag out with all of your stuff in it.. and carry it as you would normally carry it. I think if the problem is just the weight and not the way it looks, then you should give it a little time and see how it feels after using it. ;)

rnp1987

Apr 21, 2008
I agree that it is heavy, but I've just gotten used to it. If you love the design and how it looks, imo you should keep it and just get used to the weight. I love my EB asher too much to ever get rid of it!!

sfmermaid22

Mar 26, 2009
hello, if it's too heavy, i say return it. not sure how many treesje bags you have, but i have the avalon mini in patent purple and it is suprsingly light and fits a lot of stuff for something to be called "mini". :smile: