just got laser for sunspots

shoegal27

sunglass addict
Sep 9, 2007
Hello Ladies,
I just got laser treatment for four sunspots that I had or have on my face. I don't know the type of laser, but it was done on Thursday, minimal pain, but did hurt a bit. Even though my dermatologist warned me of the results for the next 10 days I am getting a bit nervous. She told me that it would turn really dark, and to keep the petroleum on it, but I am not seeing it break up yet. She said it will by day 10 and its only the fourth day. Help me ladies, Im nervous! xoxo

Hello Ladies,
I just got laser treatment for four sunspots that I had or have on my face. I don't know the type of laser, but it was done on Thursday, minimal pain, but did hurt a bit. Even though my dermatologist warned me of the results for the next 10 days I am getting a bit nervous. She told me that it would turn really dark, and to keep the petroleum on it, but I am not seeing it break up yet. She said it will by day 10 and its only the fourth day. Help me ladies, Im nervous! xoxo

that sounds exciting. try to be patient. i'm sure it will work.

at some point i want to have a few moles laser-ed off my face and neck. i'm not sure exactly how it's done but i'm excited to have them removed!

Hello Ladies,

Sounds like you had IPL/Photofacial. I had it done for 2 small sun spots on my left cheek.

I was a bit nervous at first too, but I just kept Aquaphor on my face and especially on the darkened sunspots and in about a week they naturally just peeled off.

It just takes a bit of time, but I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised at how well this treatment works!!

A family member had a small red mark on their face zapped (think it was with IPL?) and it went purple, then completely black pretty quickly. Sometimes it crusts up apparently so they were told to keep Vaseline on it to try to stop that happening. Also to use a high SPF lip balm on it every time they went outside and for several months after. The black spot faded slowly over the following few weeks. He ended up with a perfect result.

Know it's slightly different to age spots and perhaps used a different laser, but just trying to reassure if you do start to develop any dark spots! All the very best to you!:smile:

Hey shoegal27! I've had my whole body lazered (IPL). With each body part I would freak out waiting for the black spots to start falling off. Eventually they would, but the waiting is the hardest part!!! :smile: Be patient and don't pick at your face- even when they start falling off! Keep using the petroleum (and lots of sunscreen for the rest of your life). Good luck and I hope you love the results!

Hey shoegal27! I've had my whole body lazered (IPL). With each body part I would freak out waiting for the black spots to start falling off. Eventually they would, but the waiting is the hardest part!!! :smile: Be patient and don't pick at your face- even when they start falling off! Keep using the petroleum (and lots of sunscreen for the rest of your life). Good luck and I hope you love the results!

Wow! I've been talking about how I need to do that (tanning bed addict back in the day :noggin:). How many treatments per body part did you do? And if you don't mind, how much was it? Was it worth it? I have a consultation in a couple of weeks. I bought a package of 3 ipl's for the face, but what bugs the the most are my arms! Would love to hear back from you! TIA

Wow! I've been talking about how I need to do that (tanning bed addict back in the day :noggin:). How many treatments per body part did you do? And if you don't mind, how much was it? Was it worth it? I have a consultation in a couple of weeks. I bought a package of 3 ipl's for the face, but what bugs the the most are my arms! Would love to hear back from you! TIA

I am THRILLED with my results and it was worth every penny! I spread the treatments out over 6 months last winter. I needed 2 treatments per body part. Each part cost around $500. I started with my hands/arms, loved the results and then moved onto chest, shoulders, legs and then my back. I was a sun worshiper in my early years and freckles covered my body as proof. :sad: I am so much more confident now and feel like my skin looks years younger.

I am THRILLED with my results and it was worth every penny! I spread the treatments out over 6 months last winter. I needed 2 treatments per body part. Each part cost around $500. I started with my hands/arms, loved the results and then moved onto chest, shoulders, legs and then my back. I was a sun worshiper in my early years and freckles covered my body as proof. :sad: I am so much more confident now and feel like my skin looks years younger.

That is so great :biggrin:! Do you have to wear a high spf sunscreen year-round to keep the results? What about going to the beach and things like that?

let us know how it goes... i am such a big fat chicken when it comes to having this done... but believe me I need it big time... as I get older , I see more and more spots on my skin...

let us know how it goes... i am such a big fat chicken when it comes to having this done... but believe me I need it big time... as I get older , I see more and more spots on my skin...

Will do! I am also a chicken, but when I look in the mirror it's obvs that I need to do something. PortlandKelly, thanks a ton for the great info!

Hello, just a follow up to my laser spots since its been at least 4 months. They are completely gone, no spots just a little pink still but I put tons of block on it everyday.
I had 2 sessions and 5 spots zapped.
I think it cost me $140.00 and I went to a dermatologist who specializes in skin cancers.