Just got first speedy, already want another one.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Last week I bought a DE Speedy B 35, which I love, and now I'm lusting after a monogram speedy 30! I'm tall, and while everyone tells me the 35 looks better, I want the mono 30 as sort of a special occasion bag. I feel like the 35 is too big for dinner etc. It's more of an everyday, carry everything I own bag.

Has anyone ever gone against the advice of what "looks better" on them and gone with their gut re: size? At first I thought I'd be self conscious about being a big girl with a (seemingly) small bag but I think it would make a cute little special occasion/evening bag!

This was kind of rambly, I think I'm just trying to justify buying another bag in such a short period of time. :smile:

{edited to correct all my typos - clearly it's too early in the morning for these kinds of decisions!}

2. I am in the exact same boat! I went to get the Speedy B 35 in Mono and they were out of it at my LV store, so my SA is calling me when it comes in. I was telling my husband that I could get the 30 in DE too. He acted like I was crazy, but I thought of it more like a night bag too! Glad I know I am not the only one!! I am already starting to save for the 2nd one, as the first the money is already set aside!

3. i think the best rule is to buy what YOU like. i have never regretted those purchases. i join you in loving the speedy. it is still my favorite bag and i definitely have it in a variety of sizes/colors.

4. Haha, I'm opposite! I'm short and 30 looks perfect on me, I use it as everyday bag. But now I want 35 to use for weekend or go out with the kids. My hubby said 35 looks like luggage on me :smile:

5. yes
    and it is a great bag to have 2 sizes of in my eyes
    you can try save money by checking pre loved market :smile:

6. YOU know what is best for you
    I thought I would love the 30 - when I tried them on in store I was flabbergasted to find that the 25 suited me much, much better.

And I haven't regretted the purchase months later

7. I think ultimately it depends on you. After all, you will be using it, not anybody else. It's a wonderful bag to own multiples of. I have owned 25,30,35 and 40 and I have adored them all! I sold my DE 35 because I loved the look of it but it was just too big for me as an every day bag, so I also sold my mono 30 and I am thinking of purchasing it in the DE to keep a variety of sizes and prints !

8. Get what you love! I have 2 Speedy 35's, mono and de. I love them, and am now planning on a Speedy 30 de because I want to use mainly crossbody and think the smaller size would be better for that. You know what works for you!

9. Yes, I have. With the Empreinte Speedy. I originally bought the Emp Speedy 30. Even though I had the 30 in canvas, it felt a little big on me in the store. I asked the advice of 3 people that I had with me and the SA's and they all thought it was perfect. I bought the 30 and while I loved it, I couldn't shake the feeling that it was too big. I ended up buying the 25. When I tried it on one arm and the 30 on the other, my husband thought the 25 looked much better. :Pullhair: I'm happy that I have the right size but I wish I would've went with my gut the first time. You should get the 30. You know how you'll wear it and you need to feel comfortable with it.

10. ^^^This is great advice!

11. I think the speedy 30 will work fine for what you want to use it for. I'm a taller girl standing at 5'10 & I love the speedy 30... I had 3 speedy 30's (long story) but I'm getting a 35 this time. LV can be very addictive! Good Luck!

12. Update: I just exchanged the DE Speedy B 35 for a regular DE 30 AND a monogram 30. I am perfectly happy with my choices but now I am SO banned.

13. Congrats!! Great choices.

14. Ut Oh. ~ Welcome to the Addicted to Speedy Club ~ LOL! My most fav of all the LV's.

15. How could I have said no?? 😊 ImageUploadedByPurseForum1392930934.697646.jpg