Just got eyebag removal and rhinoplasty at jw clinic

otomegirl

Jan 24, 2013
So, yesterday I got undereye bag removal and rhinoplasty at jw clinic. I couldn't get enough time off to shop around once landed, and I was afraid I wouldn't get a slot since it's busy season.

I emailed a lot of clinics and visited several 3 years ago when I chose where to get acculift which I had done at grand. Jw was in the middle for price but I just went for it based on what I read here. I went ahead and booked my slot for eyebag removal and rhino for 500usd each so 1000usd bank transfer to jw. The rhino was something I was unsure about but didnt want to risk not getting it done. Consultants online and even when I visited clinics in seoul three years ago all had different things to say about my nose.

Anyway, emily quoted me 1600~1800usd for eyebags and 3500~4500 for primary rhinoplasty. I ended up paying 1000usd to reserve my slots then another 5600 usd when I got there. So a total of 6600usd. I had problems with payment since I wanted to split it on two cards. My bank only lets me withdraw 3000usd per day so I was going to put the rest on my credit card. But then my whole account was frozen. So embarrassing because I had more than enough to pay :sad: emily said that she could hold onto my passport until my checkup and I could figure out how to pay then. Luckily my bf called my bank while I was getting my eyes done and sorted it out for me.

So, my appointment was at 10am but emily told me to come at 9:30. Eye surgery at 2pm with dr. Kang and 5pm nosejob with dr. Suh. I got there at like 9:50 because of all the traffic. When I got in, everyone seemed to be expecting me and said my name, haha. Right away emily gave me a form to fill out. I spoke to dr.kang about my eyes. Emily translated. It's a straightforward procedure so I wasnt worried. He seemed very nice. Afterwards, another girl took photos of me.

After the photos were printed out, I spoke with dr. Suh. He speaks English fluently, so emily didn't need to translate. Right away he pointed out everything that I thought about my nose but didnt want to hear! I was hoping I could get away with just tip plasty but I needed my nasal bridge narrowed and also I had a small bump on my bridge. He really made me feel calm about everything so I trusted his judgement

Right away I went to my little recovery room with my bf and got changed for my eyejob. That was super simple. Emily translated for the nurses while they were preparing me for surgery. Before I knew it, I was being helped back to my room by Emily. I slept on and off from like 1:30 (they did my eyes early) until 5:30 with an ice pack on and an iv in. My bf hung out in the room. I think my nose was done a little late. 5:30 or 6:00. It took over 2 hrs and emily had to stay with me until I was ready to go. I feel bad for her since the whole clinic had already closed and the doors were locked. She explained to me and my bf the aftercare with oral and topical meds along with a sheet. She gave me lots of qtips and three ice packs.

Overall, my experience so far has been great! I do not regret my choice at all and can't wait to see the results. I go back tomorrow so I'll post again afterwards

Thankyou so much for posting such a detailed and insightful experience so far, I'm really keen to get rhinoplasty done at JW and looking for recent and real experiences before confirming and flying there!! :smile:) Hope you aren't hurting too much and you are doing well! :smile:

Is that a rhinoplasty with implant? I've heard of JW for rhinoplasty but I'm personally interested in cartilage not implant (and I think cartilage is more expensive so that's probably implant haha). I love reading about people's experiences and I'm glad it went well for you!

Is that a rhinoplasty with implant? I've heard of JW for rhinoplasty but I'm personally interested in cartilage not implant (and I think cartilage is more expensive so that's probably implant haha). I love reading about people's experiences and I'm glad it went well for you!

I got cartilage from my septum put onto my tip as my tip drooped. Dr. Suh said no implant for me! I would've said no to anything aside from analogous tissue. My nose height is also fairly high I think so putting an implant there would give me a big nose. I believe he said it adds 2mm to my nose tip. And no problem ! I will update again until I am healed.

The day of my surgery and the day after there was a lot of bleeding. Emily said to anticipate it and that I bled a lot during surgery. I wasnt really swollen at all... Today my face is HUGE

Thankyou so much for posting such a detailed and insightful experience so far, I'm really keen to get rhinoplasty done at JW and looking for recent and real experiences before confirming and flying there!! :smile:) Hope you aren't hurting too much and you are doing well! :smile:

It's discomfort really and not pain. Breathing through my mouth is so annoying... I want to also say again that Emily included my meds (painkillers and antibiotic/anti inflammatory) in the aftercare bag. Grand made me get them myself with a prescription sheet

Did you slept trought the whole procedure during your rhino or did you woke up during half way? Ive booked my rhino with doctor Suh on this coming March. So scared and worry about it

Thank you for the post. Can I ask did you use JW services like airport pickup? I heard some clinics like to rise their prices after you have a consultation with them in Korea. Did you worry about that after you have paid the deposit? Did that happen?

Last edited:
I got cartilage from my septum put onto my tip as my tip drooped. Dr. Suh said no implant for me! I would've said no to anything aside from analogous tissue. My nose height is also fairly high I think so putting an implant there would give me a big nose. I believe he said it adds 2mm to my nose tip. And no problem ! I will update again until I am healed.

Oh wow, that's a really good price!

Has any of you guys had experience with your tip implant using ear or bone getting absorbed? I seem to have a high absorbtion rate. My worry is that even if I redo my tip, in a few months it will get droopy again. Some doctors suggest med pore but there is a risk of extrusion? Has anyone had med pore in tip with good results please share your experience

Thank you for the post. Can I ask did you use JW services like airport pickup? I heard some clinics like to rise their prices after you have a consultation with them in Korea. Did you worry about that after you have paid the deposit? Did that happen?

I did not use any other services, but I know they have it available. I was worried, but my price was in the mid range of the online quote

Did you slept trought the whole procedure during your rhino or did you woke up during half way? Ive booked my rhino with doctor Suh on this coming March. So scared and worry about it

I slept through both things completely. I was also worried! I did get my packing pulled out today along with cleaning and an anti swelling treatment. That hurt... The pulling packing ;_;

So, yesterday I got undereye bag removal and rhinoplasty at jw clinic. I couldn't get enough time off to shop around once landed, and I was afraid I wouldn't get a slot since it's busy season.

I emailed a lot of clinics and visited several 3 years ago when I chose where to get acculift which I had done at grand. Jw was in the middle for price but I just went for it based on what I read here. I went ahead and booked my slot for eyebag removal and rhino for 500usd each so 1000usd bank transfer to jw. The rhino was something I was unsure about but didnt want to risk not getting it done. Consultants online and even when I visited clinics in seoul three years ago all had different things to say about my nose.

Anyway, emily quoted me 1600~1800usd for eyebags and 3500~4500 for primary rhinoplasty. I ended up paying 1000usd to reserve my slots then another 5600 usd when I got there. So a total of 6600usd. I had problems with payment since I wanted to split it on two cards. My bank only lets me withdraw 3000usd per day so I was going to put the rest on my credit card. But then my whole account was frozen. So embarrassing because I had more than enough to pay :sad: emily said that she could hold onto my passport until my checkup and I could figure out how to pay then. Luckily my bf called my bank while I was getting my eyes done and sorted it out for me.

So, my appointment was at 10am but emily told me to come at 9:30. Eye surgery at 2pm with dr. Kang and 5pm nosejob with dr. Suh. I got there at like 9:50 because of all the traffic. When I got in, everyone seemed to be expecting me and said my name, haha. Right away emily gave me a form to fill out. I spoke to dr.kang about my eyes. Emily translated. It's a straightforward procedure so I wasnt worried. He seemed very nice. Afterwards, another girl took photos of me.

After the photos were printed out, I spoke with dr. Suh. He speaks English fluently, so emily didn't need to translate. Right away he pointed out everything that I thought about my nose but didnt want to hear! I was hoping I could get away with just tip plasty but I needed my nasal bridge narrowed and also I had a small bump on my bridge. He really made me feel calm about everything so I trusted his judgement

Right away I went to my little recovery room with my bf and got changed for my eyejob. That was super simple. Emily translated for the nurses while they were preparing me for surgery. Before I knew it, I was being helped back to my room by Emily. I slept on and off from like 1:30 (they did my eyes early) until 5:30 with an ice pack on and an iv in. My bf hung out in the room. I think my nose was done a little late. 5:30 or 6:00. It took over 2 hrs and emily had to stay with me until I was ready to go. I feel bad for her since the whole clinic had already closed and the doors were locked. She explained to me and my bf the aftercare with oral and topical meds along with a sheet. She gave me lots of qtips and three ice packs.

Overall, my experience so far has been great! I do not regret my choice at all and can't wait to see the results. I go back tomorrow so I'll post again afterwards

hi! did they do any scans before the surgery?

To update, my swelling peaked for my eyes two days after surgery and for my cheeks three days after surgery. I'm really not too bruised. The biggest annoyances would be the discharge from one of my eyes and these itchy bandages! There's really not much pain and never was except for a lot of pain in my front teeth right after and the day following surgery.

Tomorrow afternoon I go back to the clinic. Hopefully some bandaging can be removed...

Were you able to negotiate the price?
I am terrible at that sort of thing, so I didn't try. The USD is really strong compared to krw right now, so I didn't mind so much.

OMG yea i heard that the nose packing removing is painful... Its like a tampon stuffed inside your nose...but its just a few seconds right?

Yes! It's just in that brief moment. And then I could breathe through my nose which was AMAZING. Before that she was using what I assume was peroxide to kind of break down the crusted blood. I'm scared of messing up my stitches so I am not cleaning so well, tbh. Gross but I don't wanna rip anything!
hi! did they do any scans before the surgery?

Nope. I just needed a doctor's note. Other surgeons during my consultation s touched my nose but Dr suh only drew on my photographs

Could you tell more about JW, was it a busy clinic? Were they able to plan the surgery for the next day after consultation? About the wide nose bridge, did you get osteotomy? Could you tell more about it and the recovery? In JW there is dr Cho, who also specialize in eyes. Can I ask, why did you choose dr Kang? Please keep us updated. Thank you :smile:

Could you tell more about JW, was it a busy clinic? Were they able to plan the surgery for the next day after consultation? About the wide nose bridge, did you get osteotomy? Could you tell more about it and the recovery? In JW there is dr Cho, who also specialize in eyes. Can I ask, why did you choose dr Kang? Please keep us updated. Thank you :smile:

It is busy for sure but not as busy as grand. From opening time there are already a lot of people. I booked my surgery in advance only after online consultation.

I'm pretty sure I got an osteotomy. He told me he would narrow my nose bridge and shave down the small bump. The recovery is so easy. Really no pain at all from my nose. My eyes have hurt a little bit occasionally. Its weird that my nose is numb though so I am scared when I clean it. There was a lot of bleeding into the first day after surgery, but now its just a lot of clear, viscous discharge. I didn't bruise much and swelling has really gone down now (5th day since surgery).

As for eyes, that's just who Emily told me would do my eyes. I had no preference for eyes. If I needed DES I would be picky but it's lower blethroplasy. Dr. Kang was very nice, if that means anything. I just knew I wanted dr. Suh for my nose!