Just got eyebag removal and rhinoplasty at jw clinic

Update from second check up:
I went in today (5th day since surgery), and they cleaned me up as well as removed my splint. Again, Emily wasn't there so they spoke very little English beyond "don't move." I was nervous because my nose has lost sensitivity , which I'm pretty sure always happens, so I could feel her touching my nose but couldn't tell if it should hurt. It didnt, even when she removed the splint and said there would be little pain. I was so happy to have the sticky bandages off.

The swelling is every changing. My nose bridge seems to have swollen since the splint was removed, and now the bottoms of my cheeks are bruising purple. The rest of my bruises are yellow, and there's little to no swelling in my eyes. Slight purple on my eyelids. I still have my stitches in, but I believe those come out in two day . Nervous for that pain, honestly .

My nose tip is definitely not droopy and the bump is gone! At first the wideness of my nasal bridge was vastly improved, but it looks big again due to swelling. My tip still looks wide, but it has improved a lot and I'm sure it's super swollen.

As for my under eye area, i think they may be slightly swollen and definitely bruised. I don't think that I have eyebags anymore. They're genetic, so I've had them since I was a young child, and it makes me look pretty different. We will see when the swelling and bruising subsides. I'm nervous that the fat will somehow reposition and settle lumpy.

I will post an update the day after tomorrow. I will be meeting with the surgeons

Edit: the only thing I wish that they did is help me clean off the pen marks on my face

Last edited:
Did it hurt a lot when they used the peroxide? I heard it hurts like crazy! And here I was thinking epi stitch removal would be the most pain I ever felt :lol:

Hmm it didn't hurt in my opinion. Removing the packing hurt and was scary, though. And the way they physically remove the dried blood hurts a little (I think the peroxide helps to chemically break it down... I think?)

Today my nose is so swollen between my eyes. It makes me look like I am wearing my own face as a mask -- creepy. The bruises are huge yellow streaks down my face.

It is busy for sure but not as busy as grand. From opening time there are already a lot of people. I booked my surgery in advance only after online consultation.

I'm pretty sure I got an osteotomy. He told me he would narrow my nose bridge and shave down the small bump. The recovery is so easy. Really no pain at all from my nose. My eyes have hurt a little bit occasionally. Its weird that my nose is numb though so I am scared when I clean it. There was a lot of bleeding into the first day after surgery, but now its just a lot of clear, viscous discharge. I didn't bruise much and swelling has really gone down now (5th day since surgery).

As for eyes, that's just who Emily told me would do my eyes. I had no preference for eyes. If I needed DES I would be picky but it's lower blethroplasy. Dr. Kang was very nice, if that means anything. I just knew I wanted dr. Suh for my nose!

who is the best eye doctor at JW?

Went back today. It was super busy. I had my stitches removed (7 days after). It hurt less than expected! Only the first snip really hurt and it was like getting a nose hair plucked out. Dr. Suh talked to me between the stitches being removed and Dr. Kang talked to me in the lobby. I also had an led treatment for deswelling. I'm all good to go but supposedly still really swollen. My nose tip looks smaller and less ... Perky? But it is still an improvement and may just be really swollen ...
who is the best eye doctor at JW?

Honestly, I do not know ... Sorry! I only paid attention to the nose doctor.

Did your primary rhinoplasty include a tipplasty? I got quoted $1k more than you for a tipplasty from them, $4600-$5500.

So, yesterday I got undereye bag removal and rhinoplasty at jw clinic. I couldn't get enough time off to shop around once landed, and I was afraid I wouldn't get a slot since it's busy season.

I emailed a lot of clinics and visited several 3 years ago when I chose where to get acculift which I had done at grand. Jw was in the middle for price but I just went for it based on what I read here. I went ahead and booked my slot for eyebag removal and rhino for 500usd each so 1000usd bank transfer to jw. The rhino was something I was unsure about but didnt want to risk not getting it done. Consultants online and even when I visited clinics in seoul three years ago all had different things to say about my nose.

Anyway, emily quoted me 1600~1800usd for eyebags and 3500~4500 for primary rhinoplasty. I ended up paying 1000usd to reserve my slots then another 5600 usd when I got there. So a total of 6600usd. I had problems with payment since I wanted to split it on two cards. My bank only lets me withdraw 3000usd per day so I was going to put the rest on my credit card. But then my whole account was frozen. So embarrassing because I had more than enough to pay :sad: emily said that she could hold onto my passport until my checkup and I could figure out how to pay then. Luckily my bf called my bank while I was getting my eyes done and sorted it out for me.

So, my appointment was at 10am but emily told me to come at 9:30. Eye surgery at 2pm with dr. Kang and 5pm nosejob with dr. Suh. I got there at like 9:50 because of all the traffic. When I got in, everyone seemed to be expecting me and said my name, haha. Right away emily gave me a form to fill out. I spoke to dr.kang about my eyes. Emily translated. It's a straightforward procedure so I wasnt worried. He seemed very nice. Afterwards, another girl took photos of me.

After the photos were printed out, I spoke with dr. Suh. He speaks English fluently, so emily didn't need to translate. Right away he pointed out everything that I thought about my nose but didnt want to hear! I was hoping I could get away with just tip plasty but I needed my nasal bridge narrowed and also I had a small bump on my bridge. He really made me feel calm about everything so I trusted his judgement

Right away I went to my little recovery room with my bf and got changed for my eyejob. That was super simple. Emily translated for the nurses while they were preparing me for surgery. Before I knew it, I was being helped back to my room by Emily. I slept on and off from like 1:30 (they did my eyes early) until 5:30 with an ice pack on and an iv in. My bf hung out in the room. I think my nose was done a little late. 5:30 or 6:00. It took over 2 hrs and emily had to stay with me until I was ready to go. I feel bad for her since the whole clinic had already closed and the doors were locked. She explained to me and my bf the aftercare with oral and topical meds along with a sheet. She gave me lots of qtips and three ice packs.

Overall, my experience so far has been great! I do not regret my choice at all and can't wait to see the results. I go back tomorrow so I'll post again afterwards

Finally back in the USA. My swelling is way down and the bruising is basically gone (my lower cheeks are a little yellow. My nose looks great and no eye bags!! I hope my eyes stay like this although they seem to have a different shape. I don't know if it was the framing that my eyebags gave, but now my eyes look like the outside corners slant up. They look smaller to me but my bf insists they are bigger.

As for my nose, it does look great as a nose but its gonna take getting used to on my face.

I also had dinner with my parents and sister, and they didn't seem to notice
Did your primary rhinoplasty include a tipplasty? I got quoted $1k more than you for a tipplasty from them, $4600-$5500.

I had asked about tip plasty in my emails, and she quoted me 3300-4000usd. However, when I went there, she gave me a different (higher) price in usd because she was converting krw to USD incorrectly. ask for the price in krw. My rhino did include tip plasty as I had cartilage added to my tip.

Finally back in the USA. My swelling is way down and the bruising is basically gone (my lower cheeks are a little yellow. My nose looks great and no eye bags!! I hope my eyes stay like this although they seem to have a different shape. I don't know if it was the framing that my eyebags gave, but now my eyes look like the outside corners slant up. They look smaller to me but my bf insists they are bigger.

As for my nose, it does look great as a nose but its gonna take getting used to on my face.

I also had dinner with my parents and sister, and they didn't seem to notice

I had asked about tip plasty in my emails, and she quoted me 3300-4000usd. However, when I went there, she gave me a different (higher) price in usd because she was converting krw to USD incorrectly. ask for the price in krw. My rhino did include tip plasty as I had cartilage added to my tip.

Nice to hear you are happy with the result. I want to ask, do you wear glasses? If you do, do you face the problem that glasses are not suggested at least 2 month after nose bridge augmentation? I also want to know, is JW good at replying? Does it take a long time from them to reply? You didn´t tell your family about your surgeries? :smile:

Nice to hear you are happy with the result. I want to ask, do you wear glasses? If you do, do you face the problem that glasses are not suggested at least 2 month after nose bridge augmentation? I also want to know, is JW good at replying? Does it take a long time from them to reply? You didn´t tell your family about your surgeries? :smile:

I didn't have nose bridge augmentation... Mine was reduced! I also don't wear glasses, so I really don't know.

JW is usually VERY quick!

And actually, I didn't even tell my boyfriend I was getting rhinoplasty until I was paying for it at the clinic.. Haha

Hello otomegirl, may i know how is your recovery so far? Is everything good and are u satisfied with ur nose so far?

actually, yeah! i guess there was way more swelling in my lower cheeks and between my eyes than i had thought. i was also suffering jetlag, which has never happened to me before, and it lasted until a few days ago. i had TERRIBLE dark circles under my eyes for a little bit, and i started getting eyebags from sleep deprivation. i think i went a few days without sleeping... maybe 3? not in a row, but over two weeks.

i've gotten sleep these past two days, and now i look so much more awake. i've been loving my nose. it's still stiff/swollen a little, but visually it doesn't look swollen at all to me. it looks so nice from the bottom view (not that that view matters) compared to before. the scaring is way better. i really want my under eye area to stop being so tender. my nose keeps running, too, and i can't feel it very well sometimes, so my mom or boyfriend will say, "hey, your nose..." which is embarrassing.

i'm so happy that i decided to go through with it. i look really different, in my opinion. i can't believe my parents haven't said anything yet, because they have to have noticed.

It is busy for sure but not as busy as grand. From opening time there are already a lot of people. I booked my surgery in advance only after online consultation.

I'm pretty sure I got an osteotomy. He told me he would narrow my nose bridge and shave down the small bump. The recovery is so easy. Really no pain at all from my nose. My eyes have hurt a little bit occasionally. Its weird that my nose is numb though so I am scared when I clean it. There was a lot of bleeding into the first day after surgery, but now its just a lot of clear, viscous discharge. I didn't bruise much and swelling has really gone down now (5th day since surgery).

As for eyes, that's just who Emily told me would do my eyes. I had no preference for eyes. If I needed DES I would be picky but it's lower blethroplasy. Dr. Kang was very nice, if that means anything. I just knew I wanted dr. Suh for my nose!
why is eye bag removal so expensive? like almost half the price of eyelid surgery

Hi ! Did u bargain for a lower price for the rhinoplasty or did u jus go with the price given?