Just got back from LV...

Christabella

Jan 23, 2009
...where again I was treated like a moron. I took my NF DE which was cracking after only two months back, just to hear that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the bag and that the cracking is normal.
This time, not the rude SA but the store manager herself sold me this pack of lies.
She made me feel so ashamed when I mentioned the purseforum and t:cry::crybaby:
I almost cried when she refused to exchange the bag for a new one.
Now they're repairing the handles /for free, as a favour to me...) but I was warned that this will hapen again.
The rude SA who treated me badly last week talked and laughed behind my back with the guy who was opening and closing the door.
She didn't apologize and it was clear that they all considered me nuts.
Just wanted to share this with you. I'm speechless....and so terribly sad.
I'm never going back again and I'll sell the bag once the handles are replaced.
Why does this happen?

Sorry to hear this. Ive had my ebene NF GM since sept 2011 and it was my first LV and actually my go to bag. No cracking or anything an my bag takes a beating by my 4 kids and even stepped on.

I think ebene overall is a hit and miss with everyone here and most just by word of mouth wouldnt want to take a chance with ebene but i love it.

Don't worry, I feel your pain. I had a similar issue with a pair of shoes-- an SA lied to me pretending to be a manager. My point: you deserve to be treated with dignity. If you want LV, just find a better boutique. I stopped shopping at the one that treated me horribly and I started shopping at the neiman marcus one at short hills where they are soooooo nice.

Many forum members on here had quality issues with the DE neverfull. And I'm sure that many other people do as well. If I were you, I'd try listing it on evil bay (eBay) first with a reserve since it's a very popular bag. If you are unable to sell it, a lot of people recommend fashionphile and yoogis closet as reputable online consignment boutiques.

Good luck sweetheart and I'm sorry you were treated so poorly

I love it, too and it was my every day bag. In spite of reading about the cracking I was hoping it would not happen to me.
Guess I was wrong.
I don't know what upsets me more. The cracking or the treatment I got at LV's.

Don't worry, I feel your pain. I had a similar issue with a pair of shoes-- an SA lied to me pretending to be a manager. My point: you deserve to be treated with dignity. If you want LV, just find a better boutique. I stopped shopping at the one that treated me horribly and I started shopping at the neiman marcus one at short hills where they are soooooo nice.

Many forum members on here had quality issues with the DE neverfull. And I'm sure that many other people do as well. If I were you, I'd try listing it on evil bay (eBay) first with a reserve since it's a very popular bag. If you are unable to sell it, a lot of people recommend fashionphile and yoogis closet as reputable online consignment boutiques.

Good luck sweetheart and I'm sorry you were treated so poorly

Thank you so much for your kind words.I'll shop in Berlin or Florence the next time.
I'll list it on evil bay and I'm sure I'll get a good price. I'll wait till they send it back and then I'll sell it.
Again thanks for understanding my pain.

hugs OP! sorry to hear, you had such a bad experience. i been snubbed at LV boutiques before and its not a good feeling. its hard not to be affected bc you love your bag and for the price you paid...they should stand by their product. like another poster said, move on and find a different store that has better SA's. hope you feel better!!!

I am so so sorry this happened to you..No one deserves to be treated like that especially when you spend alot of money on the bag. I always wonder why there is such a hit or miss experience with SA's, their customer service should be top quality across the board for a luxury brand they are representing!
Is there a different location you can go to? I am sorry to hear you won't keep the bag and it is a small consolation they are fixing the handles for free. Can you call LV customer service and advise them of your bad experience?
I don't have the Neverfull bit have the Bloomsbury, Thames GM and Verona and none of them have any cracking issue but I had many threads on the DE Neverful and cracking/peeling handles.....

Last edited:
That's terrible. You shouldn't have been treated this way. Some of these sales assistants of high end stores act like they own the store!
Yes, even that guy who opens the door for you when you get out, laughed behind my back.

I am so so sorry this happened to you..No one deserves to be treated like that especially when you spend alot of money on the bag. I always wonder why there is such a hit or miss experience with SA's, their customer service should be top quality across the board for a luxury brand they are representing!
Is there a different location you can go to? I am sorry to hear you won't keep the bag and it is a small consolation they are fixing the handles for free. Can you call LC customer service and advise them of your bad experience?
I don't have the Neverfull bit have the Bloomsbury, Thames GM and Verona and none of them have any cracking issue but I had many threads on the DE Neverful and cracking/peeling handles.....

There's no different location I can go to. The next store is 4 hours from my place but I can always order online.
LC customer service? Do you mean LV?
Well, I felt so ashamed when she told me that information I get on the forum is not true and that people are making everything up.
Told her I read about refunds and so on and she said it was a lie.
What can you reply? That you know she's either lying or has no clue? My boyfriend who's Italian came with me and the fact that we were talking in Italian seemed to bother the SAs because you could see how they were wispering and looking at us and whispering and laughing again.

So sorry to hear that. :crybaby:
I dont underastand, how LV can employ SA s, like this! Sometimes, if you go to McDonalds, they have better service.
Can you call costumer service and report the rude SA and doorman?

Im sorry for your NFas well, after when you sell it, maybe get a Mono version?

Hugs for you!

Yes, even that guy who opens the door for you when you get out, laughed behind my back.

There's no different location I can go to. The next store is 4 hours from my place but I can always order online.
LC customer service? Do you mean LV?
Well, I felt so ashamed when she told me that information I get on the forum is not true and that people are making everything up.
Told her I read about refunds and so on and she said it was a lie.
What can you reply? That you know she's either lying or has no clue? My boyfriend who's Italian came with me and the fact that we were talking in Italian seemed to bother the SAs because you could see how they were wispering and looking at us and whispering and laughing again.

They sound horrible..Maybe just order online then? I could not continue to business with people who treated me like that no matter how much I liked the brand. They don't even sound respectful and you are hardly making up info as your bag clearly has issues. I would definitely call LV customer service and complain..You should be having a good experience there not leave feeling ashamed..It is their product and they should stand behind it, they really are giving it a bad name....

I would highly recommend calling their customer service line asap! That is extremely unprofessional, not to mention uncalled for. I'm so sorry this happened to you!
xo

What shall I tell customer service?
Can't proof that they were talking and laughing at us. And the SAs will say that I'm a crazy woman who counts on unreliable information from a funky purse forum.
To them I'm nuts, what should change?
Nobody will believe me.
Those people's behaviour is completely unprofessional but they will all insist I'm an overreacting customer.
Thank you for your help. Your words make me feel better