Just got a super 03 black first!

lovely64

LunAtic
O.G.
Nov 17, 2006
Hi guys,

I just got my -03 pewter black first. The leather feels like silk...the bales check out BUT the ring holding the tassles has a very small gap so it´s not welded together! The strap part around the bales (the leather holding the bales) look strange too.....it´s as if it has been cut....not smoothly put together. I have filed a dispute with paypal, and I have written the seller. I payed $775 for it so not a huge amount of money (too good to be true?) I also posted it in the ATC thread after I bought it, and people (including me) thought it looked good. The bales are exactly like my other bbags. The RH seems a little too big and the inner leather tag only reads balenciaga but I figured it might be a F/W - 02 instead (not sure when they put balenciaga.paris). Well, it is a super fake........the leather is almost too good to be true but I assume that all rings holding the tassles of the front zipper are welded........no exception??? The bales are what puzzles me....they are dead on!! Ok, enough ranting........I wish it was light here in Sweden so I could take a crappy pic with my crappy cellphone and show you all!

Kat:crybaby:

oh no kat dear, don't worry yet. isn't ss03 the first season for pewter? im going to go take some pictures of my black first later including the o rings and everything and you can see if yours matches up?
i just checked, my tag also just says "balenciaga."

ETA: i'm going out for lunch now but be back soon with pictures.

I hope you can post pictures soon. Just know that my 03 Black Makeup also just has BALENCIAGA on the tag, with no PARIS and so does Powderpuffs. I know you are very good at authenticating these bags, so I am not second guessing you, just letting you know that for an 03 bag, the BALENCIAGA checks out!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Oh, Kat, I'm so sorry for you!
Couldn't it be possible that the o ring has been substituted, maybe for the use?
About the leather holding the bales, we should see a picture, of course.
Good luck for now!:heart:

Thanks you guys!! Pluiee...you are a sweetheart, I will try and attache a pic I just took of the strange leather holding the bales! With my luck there will probably only be a paperclip showing:crybaby:

oh no kat dear, don't worry yet. isn't ss03 the first season for pewter? im going to go take some pictures of my black first later including the o rings and everything and you can see if yours matches up?
i just checked, my tag also just says "balenciaga."

ETA: i'm going out for lunch now but be back soon with pictures.

Thanks Bridget:smile: I am not so worried about the Balenciaga as I am with the ring not being welded and the leather holding the bales (the bales are dead on and the leather feels like silk so I am totally confused!!) I just posted a pic of the leather holding the bale....I hope it is clear enough for you to see,

Kat:heart:

I hope you can post pictures soon. Just know that my 03 Black Makeup also just has BALENCIAGA on the tag, with no PARIS and so does Powderpuffs. I know you are very good at authenticating these bags, so I am not second guessing you, just letting you know that for an 03 bag, the BALENCIAGA checks out!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Thanks Bridget:smile: I am not so worried about the Balenciaga as I am with the ring not being welded and the leather holding the bales (the bales are dead on and the leather feels like silk so I am totally confused!!) I just posted a pic of the leather holding the bale....I hope it is clear enough for you to see,

Kat:heart:

^^ i'm not sure if it will help, but i'll take photos of my black '03 first w/pewter tonite...i'm @ work now & won't get home 'till late (i know you're in europe)...i'm really hoping that everything's okay...don't send the bag back until we're sure!!! :okay:

I'm so sorry for you! Although I do not understand well wath happens exactly (very tecnic language) and the bales look ok, and you say the leather is great.. Anyway, wait until be 100% sure!

lovely, I have an authentic 03 Black First with Pewter and mine has the same characteristics you and Pluiee describe! I think you're OK!!!!!

--ring where bales clip on has welding
--leather tag saying only "Balenciaga"
--the leather around the bale has been stitched on itself (just like your picture!!)
--oh, and the leather on mine is TDF too! :heart:

Let me take some pics and post them for you to see.