Just got a Mulberry Tooled Bayswater from Saks sale!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I'm fairly new to Mulberry but have read some really great things about the bags so I though I would give it a shot. I got it for $525 (from $1195!) The color Saks stated was "nude".. I'm assuming it might be Oak.. I know their color selections are mislabeled sometimes..If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear! I've never seen one of these before IRL, hoping I like it;) They still have some on Saks.com. Shopjune for additional 10% off & go through ****** for an additional 3% off. I figure I got the bag for 63% off!

EDIT: NEVER MIND, Saks just emailed me & told me they were sold out.. Grrrr

2. Sorry :yucky: Keep your eye out.....maybe someone will eBay theirs?

3. I was at Saks NYC earlier this evening and saw several of the tooled Bayswater in NUDE/tan-color...they were all available on the shelves even around store-closing time. You might want to try giving them a call tomorrow morning. Or you can call the 1-800 Saks customer service # and ask them to track the Bayswater -- item ID #0411886422952 .....sometimes even if the online/catalog stock has been depleted, there's still quite a few left at stores around the country, and you can ask the online customer service agents to locate one for you and/or place an order directly (in which case you can still use your ShopJune 10% code).

It was crazy at Saks NYC today during after-work hours -- they had a YSL medium Muse in black (the one that retails for $1095) marked-down by 30%.....it was a display item/final sale, but there were no visible defects with the bag....a great bargain. Too bad it was the only Muse they marked-down; if they had the large or a leopard one I'd have grabbed it in a heartbeat!

4. Thanks for the info! Can I ask, what was your opinion of the "nude"? Too light, too blah?..

5. Actually I'm quite fond of the nude/tan color -- it's a great neutral and will go easily with anything and everything. I don't think it's too light or too blah at all; it's one of the nicest lighter-colors I've seen in business-style totes (the white Bayswater also looks nice but the leather will be hell to keep clean). The Bayswater bags in black & nude/tan are top on my list of bags-to-get once my credit card recovers from the damage it's incurred this sales season.

My only "reserve" is the tooled aspect/the Western details -- I personally would much prefer the classic Kate Moss-style Bayswater. But go have a look yourself....don't just take my word for it....b/c I know there are many people who actually prefer the tooled/Western-style Bayswater to the regular Bayswater. The tooled version ($1195) also retailed for a bit more than the regular one (~$995). The tooled version is on sale now for over 50% off, but the regular one is still regular price (for the black & nude/tan classic colors).

If anyone comes across a sale for the black or nude/tan-colored **regular**/non-tooled Bayswater, please please please let me know!

6. They are showing one online 6:11 PM EST 6/22. i'll PM you

7. i just saw one oneline too

8. Hope you don't mind me adding to this thread... I just picked up a mulberry selma satchel(glove leather) in nude. It's not a bayswater, but I thought I'd add that the nude color is a very pretty tan with a slight pink hue to it. I agree with an earlier comment that it is one of the prettiest "neutral" colors I've seen.:biggrin:

9. there's no selling or buying on tPF or in PMs.

10. http://www.mulberry.com ship internationally, but they are out of stock of oak and chocolate. Must be cos of the great price!

They do still have the Butterfly bayswater though, at £347 instead of £695:yes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice