Just got a call-Opportunity to get a WOC caviar with silver HW-Should I get it?

vanbruntsa

purses/shoes/bling!
O.G.
Feb 16, 2008
So-This would be my first official Chanel bag and from what I understand this is a sought after piece.

So my question is this-how much use does one get out of a WOC? Should I hold off and save for a medium flap? Or just go for it? Is it a no-brainer?

It depends on how much you carry. I can never just own a WOC because I lug my whole life in my bags :P

Also is this for casual days when you are running errands? Or special occasions?

It depends on how much you carry. I can never just own a WOC because I lug my whole life in my bags :P

Also is this for casual days when you are running errands? Or special occasions?

well i am pretty casual-so i guess i'd wear it cross body on those days and shorten the chain for nights out? i dunno. i am just not very formal. i don't have a nice evening bag...but i am moreso trying to see what casual persons wear this with. KWIM?

i don't think you can fit a wallet in it... (at least a normal one) many ladies just utilize the card slots inside the woc and use it like a wallet, the inside just looks like a wallet, except you can maybe fit a cell phone or a lip gloss in it. it really depends on how much you carry...

If you intend on getting more Chanel in the future, I think a WOC is great. I don't have one, but would like to get one. It would be a great casual cross-body bag I could wear everywhere. Although you can't stuff it with a lot of things, I guess it's big enough for your essentials.
You could wear it out to run errands, to the mall, to the park, and your hands would be free! In the evening, you could shorten the straps.
I also love that colour combo... the black in caviar with silver h/w.

I have read it is difficult to get, but don't let that be the deciding factor...
You need to like the bag and want it... It also has to fit your lifestyle ;)~

I have the medium classic flap in black with g/h... I love this bag, but I have to say, it hasn't seen the light of day all too often. But this is because I don't get to go out that often... I live in a pretty small farming town, and I'd look so out of place if I toted it around everywhere. If I had a WOC, I would be wearing it all the time... But I know I wouldn't be satisfied wth just the WOC... I'm glad I purchased the medium first... I can get the WOC later...

Last edited:
I was looking at m/l size but went for a jumbo bec everyone always said when in doubt, go bigger.
unfortunately it was an almost $3k regret :smile: i ended up giving to my sis.

I have since then gotten 2 WOCs and I love them! I can fit a lot -- but i dont really use a wallet, only a card holder with essentials (i.e. DL, a visa and mc and an atm card, insurance card. All my other cards (giftcards, store cards, etc) go in a diff card holder. Granted i have bigger Chanel bags for when I need to carry more. But I find the woc so useful when I am running errands, shopping, etc, etc...

If this is your only Chanel for a while, maybe go for the m/l size if you do not carry a lot... Or the Jumbo if you do, and you dont mind the weight.

Otherwise, if you just like carrying essentials with you, this woc would be a good match-- casual when worn messeger style or shoulder, dressier when on the shoulder or held as a clutch. And the style you are being offered is such a classic :smile:

Just for reference, what I carried in my envelope woc yesterday while running around all day long"

card holder, iphone, mac lipgloss, mac blot powder, small Bath and Body works hand sanitizer, pack of gum, a mini travel size J&J lotion.

And my bag was not bursting, or looking like it was about to split. in all honesty, i probably coouldve put a couple more things...

Good Luck deciding!!! :smile:

I think it depends on your lifestyle. If you carry a minimal amount of items with you & you want something very casual, then the WOC is perfect. If you tend to carry a lot and want something that can transition from day to evening, then I would say hold out for the m/l.

This a a great bag and I was on a waiting list at my Chanel boutique and finally got it. I would get it since it is hard to get and many places have waiting lists for the classic black quilted WOC w/silver hw. You don't need a wallet in it since they have plenty of slots, enough room for your I phone or Blackberry and a make up compact & lipstick. The reason I purchased mine was for my brother's formal evening wedding coming up in April.