just found this on my chanel caviar >_<

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought the chanel caviar black w/ ghw during NYE this year in Paris. Love the shiny caviar which doesn't come that often. Only wore it like 3 times and couldn't believe what I found today when I was about to store it back. IMG_20160524_113243.jpg

I was really surprised of how the scratch could be there. I only wore it to certain events and for few hours too. Is it possible that there was actually a tiny scratch that gets wider by time? Anyone ever experienced this?

What should I do? If for example I want it to be fixed, would chanel need to replace the whole leather instead of only replacing the spot? Any 'home remedy' I could do to make it better?

Tia

2. It just looks like a surface scratch. I don't think it'll get wider or rip through. Doesn't look like it can be "fixed". Maybe try rub some leather lotion on there so it'll be less noticeable &#128578; I don't think u should stress about it too much

3. It's probably there in the first place. And likely happened in the workshop when they are cutting up leather into pieces. I have previously purchased a cardholder with a similar cut but was told leathers can have irregularities in them and therefore each is a unique piece ...

4. Hi Ladies,
    Thanks All for your comments. Really need it. Try not to be stressed out for a bag but a scratch on caviar leather..i just couldn't fathom it until now. I always feel the safest when using this black caviar

BonjourErin
    Since you point it out that it looks more of a surface scratch, I just feel phewww I think you're right. Perhaps with the right lotion, it could be blurred a bit. Do you happen to know lotion for Chanel bag? I'm thinking about Meltonian...

Chloe_c
    That's what I thought as well that i couldn't think of any event leading to the scratch , the shape of the scratch is also likely caused by a cutter or a sharp tool used in the workshop. but it's pretty lengthy around 1.5cm within one of the diamond quilt on the sturdy caviar leather on top of that. Feels impossible I missed it during buying and twice wearing it before. This is when I start 'hallucinating' that I 'think' I saw the scratch before but it's not crossing the pebble yet , just on the sidelines of the pebble (if u see closely on the upper 3 pebbles) which made it not obvious. But other question appears, could it get wider with that type of cut? Is yours getting any wider and more obvious?is it on a caviar as well?

At first I contacted Leather Surgeon in UK but they direct me to Handbag Clinic. Anyone have used their service?

Cheers

5. To be honest I had to look really hard to find the scratch. Maybe apply some leather conditioner? It's still a beautiful bag. Since the bag is brand new why don't you take it back to the store and see if they offer any repair solution for you. I was informed that there's a full warranty for the first year of usage, you just need to provide a receipt for proof of purchase date.