Just found out my doxie has cancer

I am so sad to hear your news, Doxie looks like an amazing dog. I could never imagine being in the position your in. I hope everything works out for the best for you and doxie....

I'm so sorry to hear this ... Argh, they should do something about these people who run the puppy mills, they obviously don't give a damn about the animals.:cursing: My prayers will be with you and your puppy, please hang in there.:flowers:

Oh, Irishgal, my heart breaks for you and your precious baby! It's such a hard decision to make, because your pet can't tell you how it's feeling, and what it wants you to do, so it's up to us humans to decide what's best for them....and it's never easy.

I lost my 9-year old cat to cancer a few years ago. Her case was very different from yours though, and by the time she showed any symptoms, it was spread throughout her organs and she was in kidney failure as well. Five days after the diagnosis, I took her to the vet to do the most humane - and painful - thing I have ever done. She wouldn't have lasted very long on her own, and she wasn't eating or anything. She couldn't get beyond the pain......

Looking back on it, I have never once regretted my decision. These "furbabies" of ours are far too loving and giving for us to make any choices regarding their health quickly or lightly.

Take a little time to think about what's best for her, and I know you'll make the right decision. I know nothing can make this better, but if you can get 5 or more years with her by doing the chemo, then that is a blessing indeed. As long as she can tolerate the chemo and continue to have good quality of life. And who knows, maybe newer treatments will be available down the road that are more effective, and she will be with you even longer than that.

Please let us know what you decide, and how she is doing.

I am so sorry to hear this. I also recently went through dealing with having a biopsy on my baby. Luckily she is ok. It's just heartbreaking to read your story. Please keep us posted.

gosh, Irishgal, my :heart: breaks for you & your baby :crybaby:...i almost lost my beloved bichon 2 months ago to kidney failure & the sadness was almost unbearable...luckily he pulled thru it & we're doing IV fluid treatments at home...amazingly, his kidneys are functioning like any healthy doggy's would now :tender:...a friend of mine had a doggy with cancer & she opted for the chemo route...her doggy lived for only another year, so 5 years is a great prognosis...but it's a very difficult decision to make...prayers for you :angel:

I'm so sorry to hear about your precious baby. I've had a Bichon who had cancer, she had three surgeries and never recovered from the last one. She had diabetes too, though, and that's why she didn't make it. It broke my heart. I had her for 10 amazing years and I still think of her and talk to her pictures every single day. It's impossible not to love our sweet little furbabies, and I feel deeply for you and hope that you get to spend many more good years with Millie.

So sad to hear this, Irishgal. Poor little Millie! My thoughts are with you.
My first beloved dog suffers with cancer. During the operation the doctor came out and told us, there was no way to save her life. She would have maybe few weeks with bad pain. So we decided to let her go and deliver her from that pain. It was so unbearable sad for us, but the last thing we can do for her. It happens so long ago, but always brings tears to my eyes, when I think aboout it.
If there's a chance for Millie to get 5 more years, I would go for the chemo. Wishing you and Millie all the best! Big hug.