Just for kicks & giggles...

onegirlcreative

Daddy's Little Girl
Feb 11, 2008
Hello Ladies!

I have an odd question for you all.

Just out of curiosity, have any of you EVER had a "blocked" bidder contact you wondering why the heck they cannot bid on your item?

I don't know what made me think of it, but I thought, all these threads that we post bidders' IDs and block them, they obviously have NO idea why they're being blocked because we have never dealt with them directly. So I thought it would make a good topic discussion.

And of course, I was curious if anybody ever had anybody contact them wondering why they are blocked from their auction.

Just a boring Sunday.

none of the ones that I've have blocked from reading about them on here....
usually it is just the ones that contact me "from the countries that I don't ship to"....

Boring Sunday....election in the USA
election just called here in Canada
I agree.....boring:graucho::okay:

Yes, it's a boring Sunday here too.

Actually I have not had a blocked bidder ask me anything.
I also block bidders that I found out whom have been scammers (from fellow tpf'ers and *bay friends) or I was scammed by them (they sold me counterfeit items).

I think the threads where we find out whom the scammers are (from our fellow tpf'ers) - that has helped us not get scammed too. Hence extremely grateful for that.

I have also blocked people asking me about doing sales outside of *bay, escrow questions, seller that haven't performed, seller that have SNAD'd me, or peeps who just scare me, etc.

Another awesome post - One Girl Creative. Keep it up!!!!

Actually that hapenned to me!:yes: But as a newbie buyer though. I had just joined Ebay and bid on an item (not very expensive by the way, jeans or something) and when I logged back in later on in the day, the item was gone! I emailed her and asked her if she had blocked me and told her that I was a serious buyer and would have appreciated at least some explanation for the block, ie, that I was a 0 feedback buyer and she prefered not to deal with us, etc.. She replied back saying that she had to pull the auction (instead of just admitting that she had blocked me) and that she had relisted it again and that I was more than welcome to bid; which I of course did not.
I get that new buyers are a risk, but a heads up would've been nice..I luckily found another pair from a great seller who was gracious enough to let me bid and now I'm slowly starting to build my feedback- 14 and growing with 100% positive!:yahoo:

I have had a blocked bidder contact me & ask me why they cannot bid on my auction.

If they ask nicely, I explain.

If they don't ask nicely, I report them for harassment. ;)

Yes, it's a boring Sunday here too.

Actually I have not had a blocked bidder ask me anything.
I also block bidders that I found out whom have been scammers (from fellow tpf'ers and *bay friends) or I was scammed by them (they sold me counterfeit items).

I think the threads where we find out whom the scammers are (from our fellow tpf'ers) - that has helped us not get scammed too. Hence extremely grateful for that.

I have also blocked people asking me about doing sales outside of *bay, escrow questions, seller that haven't performed, seller that have SNAD'd me, or peeps who just scare me, etc.

Another awesome post - One Girl Creative. Keep it up!!!!

Thanks, Lovely. Very nice of you. :flowers:

It's funny because I do exactly the same thing. I also block bidders as people's horror stories are mentioned on here, but since I have never had direct communication or contact with these bidders, I thought wow, what if they wanted to bid on one of my items and they were blocked!! Oooh snaaappp!!!! :busted

I realize there are millions of members on eBay, but you never know the odds. I think in a way, it would be funny, but maybe not. :bagslap:

Thanks, Lovely. Very nice of you. :flowers:

It's funny because I do exactly the same thing. I also block bidders as people's horror stories are mentioned on here, but since I have never had direct communication or contact with these bidders, I thought wow, what if they wanted to bid on one of my items and they were blocked!! Oooh snaaappp!!!! :busted

I realize there are millions of members on eBay, but you never know the odds. I think in a way, it would be funny, but maybe not. :bagslap:

^^ True, but if another tpf'er had a problem with them - do we really want to be bothered by them too? I don't. Life is interesting enough - why complicate it further. Hence I don't mind learning from all of these lessons.

No one has ever contacted me about being blocked. The closest I came was...

I sold a wristlet to a person on eBay. They didn't pay up so I had to file a NPB on them and then they paid. I went ahead and sent the item and completed the transaction, but then I blocked her.

I posted the matching makeup bag a few days later and she sent me a question about it. I answered it and posted the response to the auction because it was pertinent (measurements or something similar). I am not sure if she then tried to bid and was blocked but I never heard from her again.

Yes! I block any IDs that I read about in this forum or that people tell me they've had issues with. Turned out one of the IDs was a PFer who wanted to bid on one of my bags. I think she was pretty offended that she was blocked, and I honestly couldn't remember why I had blocked her - I didn't even know it was her ID. I unblocked her and she bid, but then later she retracted her bid. :Push:

Yes! I block any IDs that I read about in this forum or that people tell me they've had issues with. Turned out one of the IDs was a PFer who wanted to bid on one of my bags. I think she was pretty offended that she was blocked, and I honestly couldn't remember why I had blocked her - I didn't even know it was her ID. I unblocked her and she bid, but then later she retracted her bid. :Push:

I hate retracted bids :cursing:
Please PM me her ID so I can blocker her!

LOL am I the only one without a single blocked bidder on the list? :shame: (yes, not even that **** for whom I left my only neg - she sold me a roadkill bag "as new". Mind you, I left that neg 5 minutes before the 90 days elapsed, so she couldn't retaliate - this was prior the new FB-policy.)

Just sounds like too much work to me. Fortunately I didn't have any difficult buyers yet. (Still waiting for the Philippine Scam Ring to bait me, unfortunately they are not interested in my ware - what a pity, I need to dispose of my odd sock collection. Urgently.)