Just felt Sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Saich, didn't realise you had a thread on this & I opened one, I was so sickened by what I saw. Truly devastating to watch like you the images will always be with me! cannot imagine people taking pleasure from this cruel & inhuman activity.

I agree that anything made from animal products manufactured in china scares me. They have on multiple occassions used dog fur on clothing manufactured there. I try to avoid fur in general, but that is an especially big no-no to me.

But yeah, unfortunately we are so dependent on trade with China that we do little to stand up to them, this is not only with regard to animal rights but the environment, too (and possibly other issues).

I think what they are doing in their zoos and wild life parks has taken cruelty to a new level. this is showing human being being entertain by watching animals that are alive get rip to threads, and joining in feeding live animals to the Tigers.
The zoos are also in like a different world, with the animals totally mad, the chimps just sitting in a tiny tiny cage hitting theirselves. Tigers pacing the same ground, one end of the cage to the other. They had circus acts with chimps performing with fire, the reporter said they are more frighten of the trainers than the fire.

The whole thing sickens me, if I was chinese I would be ashamed that my people do this to animals.

I think you may have misunderstood, I just didn't want to get all political on this forum.
It's all about money & politics that's why governments worldwide do not say a damned thing.

again, I was agreeing with you in the fact that you cannot talk about the whys without getting political and just lightly touched on the exact same thing you are saying - that governments don't say anything.

Part of me thinks that China has to work on human rights before it deals with animal rights, but exposing children to that so they get desnsitized to it is not good for them.

I realize now that live food is best for tigers, so now what really bothers me is the sick, gladiator type sport it's been turned into.

There's a story about it on ABC NEWS.com.

(I'm not going to post the link to the article, because the accompanying picture could be upsetting to some people.)

Reading the article, I learned that not only are they mistreating the cows, they're mistreating the big cats, too.

A little piece from the article: "At most zoos in China, the routine is similar: Tiger and bear trainers prod and poke the animals in order to provoke them. Tigers are trained to ride around the ring atop apparently petrified horses."

Also the gift shop sells tiger wine and the restaurant sells tiger meat. (But the restaurant was closed the day the article's author went there.)

I found a petition. (It details China's cruelty towards animals as a whole, but the practice in zoos is mentioned).

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/395884823

I signed.

you can't ask these questions without getting political because it is COMPLETELY political. the United States owes China so much money that if China were to ask us to pay up right now, we would be broke and we would all be speaking Chinese. (nothing wrong with the language, just illustrating a point). So our government does very little to stir the pot with them.

We buy Chinese goods because people like you, me and the OP are part of a mindless consumer culture that want our goods fast and cheap and as long and we don't care who it hurts.

The United States stirs the pot with China PLENTY. In the period after WWII, the United States more or less FORCED China to "forgive" Japan of any reparations because we were attempting to assist our buddies in Japan in rebuilding their economy. That's only one example.

I see those show that show other countries having what we consider animal cruelty, like in Spain with the bullfights how they poke and prod the bull until he's bleeding to make him more aggressive. They're cock fighting, dog fighting...I mean the list goes on. I mean where does the line get drawn?

I agree that anything made from animal products manufactured in china scares me. They have on multiple occassions used dog fur on clothing manufactured there. I try to avoid fur in general, but that is an especially big no-no to me.

But yeah, unfortunately we are so dependent on trade with China that we do little to stand up to them, this is not only with regard to animal rights but the environment, too (and possibly other issues).

What exactly do you mean by "stand up" to China? Sorry, but we're not here to police the world. It is TERRIBLE what China does to not only animals but its people: but that is their business, not ours. And anyway, as I said in my previous post, we will continue to trade with China and support its export business because people want cheap goods, period. Such as cheap fur: hence why the Chinese have used dog fur. Because they're meeting a demand, and the demand is coming from us. So until we educate ourselves and nip this from the source, nothing will change. We can't keep blaming everyone else.

As long as they don't see who it's hurting, they don't care.

Exactly. Bull-fighting is exceptionally barbaric and cruel. Norway and Japan hunt whale for sport.

I am Chinese, I go to China frequently, I have seen their zoos. And I agree, China treats animals deporably. It's sick. This is not something I disagree with.

What I disagree with is the kind of *fear* the media stirs up in order to turn Americans against the Chinese: you (and I use "you" in a very general sense) think it's CHINA'S fault that the U.S. owes them so much money? You think it's somehow China's fault that the U.S. is in a recession? Who here is thrilled about getting that extra $300 tax refund? Guess where it'll come from? Probably CHINA. If you have a problem, take it up with the American government. Do not behave as if China is some kind of dark force that's determined to take over the world.

bagnshoos, it seems distinctly unfair to me that you would say "We owe them so much money... we would all be broke and speaking Chinese" as the China is going to come over here and imperialize us just like we imperialize other countries if we dare "stir the pot."

The whole thing sickens me, if I was chinese I would be ashamed that my people do this to animals.

Tell me what race you are and I'll give you a few things to be ashamed about.

I am really sick of your obvious racism. This isn't about animal cruelty: this is about your obvious desire to bash the Chinese.

There are a lot of cultures that do a lot of sick things, including whatever one you belong to. No human race is innocent.

You don't even argue intelligently. You have no arguments, you only have hate. You are an obvious bigot if you think *I* or anyone else should somehow bear some kind of burden of what their culture does. Saich2, I am genuinely embarrassed on your behalf.

Tell me what race you are and I'll give you a few things to be ashamed about.

I am really sick of your obvious racism. This isn't about animal cruelty: this is about your obvious desire to bash the Chinese.

There are a lot of cultures that do a lot of sick things, including whatever one you belong to. No human race is innocent.

You don't even argue intelligently. You have no arguments, you only have hate. You are an obvious bigot if you think *I* or anyone else should somehow bear some kind of burden of what their culture does. Saich2, I am genuinely embarrassed on your behalf.

Perhaps it was a little harsh but I agree with IntlSet that Saich2's comment was uncalled for. There are plenty of things that people do to EACH OTHER, much less animals, that are sickening. Just open your local newspaper and I'm sure you'll find something that you should be ashamed over.

Have you seen how the PEOPLE in China live? Once you've been there and experienced it perhaps you'll understand why animals are amongst the least of their concerns.

There's actually a video that shows this clip online somewhere.. i think i saw it here in TPF a while back.

Comments that attack a certain race is uncalled for. If we were to go on and attack every race for their wrong doing to humans/society, we'd sit her for hours typing. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

MODERATOR: Please lock this thread!!!! I don't think anything good will come out of this thread if we continue to point fingers and bash each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.