Just curious, how many more...

Dear God, a question set out to bring me to my knees! lol. I swear I thought when I bought my first Birkin it would be the only Hermes bag I would even buy - it was so expensive. But then of course it was just one more and one more and one more. Now I've accepted the fact that I do want to have a complete, beautiful collection of them before I die someday. It's part of my "live a beautiful stylish life" theory.

I need (reads=want) a bunch of exotics but I certainly can't get them all at once even if/when I find them. I'd like a small black croc birkin, a big 35cm black croc kelly, a 35cm honey miel birkin or kelly, then I'd like to add a fuschia ostrich kelly (these are all 32 or 35cm), vert anis ostrich kelly or birkin, a cognac ostrich kelly or birkin, a poudre croc kelly, and a blue ostrich kelly or birkin (but not sure which blue yet).

Am I crazy or what? :rolleyes: Some women like jewelry or knicknacks. I love purses. Oh, p.s. I don't want to have to get rid of any of the ones I have now either, lol. And don't forget the black box kelly I can't decide whether it would be redundant for me to buy!

LaVan do you mean only one of each style? Or only one red birkin, etc.?? It had bothered me to have more than one bag in the same color....but I'm trying to accept some colors are just ME!

Ingénue Sophie;2480133 said:
Dear God, a question set out to bring me to my knees! lol. I swear I thought when I bought my first Birkin it would be the only Hermes bag I would even buy - it was so expensive.

I can completely identify with that! I too thought my first would be my last and yet relatively quickly she acquired a lovely companion. I suspect being completely honest there is scope for some colour in a 35cm Birkin and possibly a Bolide in my collection, but for now, I am just browsing . . .I think!

Well, since I won't be getting my first one for a few more months...:angel:

I would really just be happy with bags that would match the colors of clothing that I tend to lean towards the most, plus the style of clothing I have always kept to (skirts, usually dressy in some way). I know I'd use all of these regularly for a looong time:

-The Rose Shocking bag is important because that shade of pink is a staple with me. My mom has always told me that it is the best color on me. Bolide or Birkin, who knows, but I'll be thrilled with it.

-The Braise bag is important because I want one red bag for once in my life, a glorious cherry red that will stand out with any outfit. I drool over that color!!!

-I know a black birkin will be an essential piece. I do still wear quite a bit of black, and I know I need a black bag eventually; I just won't be able to bear purchasing anything other than Hermes!

-A white bag, because white is an absolute staple color for me year-round. I imagine I'd be happy with a white birkin, a white bolide, or even a large white picotin or trim!

-A 25cm or 28cm black kelly for dressy events or evenings out, because it's a classic, elegant piece I'll have forever.

-A black croc jige kelly, for the really special events, because that is another one that will be an elegant evening bag for the rest of my life.

Those are the bags that I want to have in the staple collection. So...6!! :biggrin: But if I ever get the chance to make extra bag purchases, I'd shoot for something in Raisin, Turquoise, or Orange

I'm liking minimalism at the moment. I'd say one to wear with work clothes, one for running errands and one for dressy. That said, the color schemes may change over the years so those staple bags may be replaced, but I'd just like to have 3 in rotation at any one time.

bags do you expect to get before your collection is complete? I mean realistically speaking...

Myself, dos mas... For now at least..:P :angel:

Ingénue Sophie ITA! i love purses. i would be very happy if i had dozens, lol. i restricted my answer to the 1-2 that i did because hermes_lemming used that darn word "realistic", so i tried to be, for me. but with hermes, certainly the more the merrier!:heart: :heart:

tamarind :rolleyes: it was just a touch of hyperbole.

Lets see...I think I will be happy with a Fushia Croc Birkin w/GH (30cm), Vert Anis Lizard Kelly (32cm) w/GH, Indigo Clemence Birkin (40cm) w/PH...I think thats it, then I'll be very happy for a while!

Evelyn (1)
HAC 36cm (0)
Birkin 35cm (0)

I'm slooowly progressing on the HAC 36cm.

The Birkin 35cm will be an impulse buy, IF I see one in my H boutique.
So..realistically, 2 total + 1 unexpected impulse = :yahoo: