Just curious... do you buy jewelry for yourself?

canyongirl

O.G.
May 7, 2009
I love jewelry. I become obsessed with certain pieces and find myself needing them, but I have no patience to wait for my man to buy them for me. Do you think it's ok to buy jewelry for yourself or do you wait to receive it as a gift? I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

Reactions: JVSXOXO
Yes I do buy jewellery for myself but most of my jewellery are gifts from my parents or my boyfriend. I don't see why not buy jewellery for yourself. When I do buy for myself, I feel extra happy because I know I worked for it.

Reactions: Thingofbeauty
I've bought most of my own jewelry, so I don't see anything wrong with that. Why wait for someone else to buy something for you when you can do it for yourself? I think you really appreciate it more when you've earned the money yourself.

Reactions: Thingofbeauty
I buy jewelry for myself. I know what I like better than anyone else, I can try it on - it just works well for me. My husband sometimes gives me jewelry as a gift for anniversary, Xmas, etc., but I have almost always told him what piece I want before he buys anything (which is kind of like buying it myself).

Absolutely I buy jewelry for myself. Aside from my first Tiffany piece (which brought me over to the dark side) and my ering, I have never felt the need to get someone else to get me something. If I like it and I can afford it, then I'll get... just like bags, clothes, or kitchen tools. lol

I love jewelry. I become obsessed with certain pieces and find myself needing them, but I have no patience to wait for my man to buy them for me. Do you think it's ok to buy jewelry for yourself or do you wait to receive it as a gift? I'd love to hear your thoughts!!
Yes. I have always purchased jewelry for myself.

I have bought most of my jewelry in the last 10 years!!
My parents gave me jewelry when i was in early adulthood and my dear husband bought me some jewelry early on in our relationship. He was happy to buy me my rolex as he sees a good watch as something wothwhile to spend money on but frankly he doesnt 'get' my love for jewelry - he's too practical minded!!!
I love everything about jewelry and prefer to choose and buy exactly what I want. My hubby likes to see me wearing good jewelry (clothes , shoes and bags!) but he's also happy to be 'left out of the loop' and for me to get what I want! Fortunately I'm working and with some budgeting I've been able to save and buy what I have

I definitely buy for myself - if you love a piece, it makes you happy, and you're going to use it, why not? Of course I grew up with my mom doing the same thing and then telling my dad what he got her hahaha.

Absolutely I buy jewelry for myself. Aside from my first Tiffany piece (which brought me over to the dark side) and my ering, I have never felt the need to get someone else to get me something. If I like it and I can afford it, then I'll get... just like bags, clothes, or kitchen tools. lol

Same here. I do receive jewelry as a gift sometimes, but I certainly don't mind buying it for myself either. Nothing wrong with treating yourself!