Just curious do you all prefer an LV with shoulder straps, top handles, or only top h

I kind of prefer handheld. It's not going to get bumped into like a shoulder bag by others. I hate when people bump into my bag on a crowded street. Even an uncrowded street I occasionally have someone hit my bag, that really drives me crazy.
I just love the look and feel of a classic speedy.
Crossbody or shoulder are more practical for me, but I love handheld bags.

I absolutely love the Speedy B. That's my go to bag and so classic. I really like the option for shoulder carry.
The speedy b is my most used bag. It's so functional, but I definitely don't really consider it to be a pretty bag. At least in the 35 size, on the shoulder it crunches up if that makes sense. Crossbody it's bulky. I love it since it's practical, but it's not a stunning bag.

Last edited:
I like both and have both but I prefer handheld bags to be completely handheld and shoulder bags to be completely on the shoulder. I don't like anything in between that looks as if the bag is having an identity crisis.

Ha! Funny.

I feel the opposite. I love shoulder bags with a 'grab' handle. My favorite bags... Pochette Metis, Retiro, Palermo, Speedy B, Alma BB, etc. I have the shoulder bag Rosebery which has no handles to grab getting in and out of the car. No 'identity crisis', which is a defect for me.

I also prefer removable straps even though I never 'remove' them.

The speedy b is my most used bag. It's so functional, but I definitely don't really consider it to be a pretty bag. At least in the 35 size, on the shoulder it crunches up if that makes sense. Crossbody it's bulky. I love it since it's practical, but it's not a stunning bag.

It's my most used bag as well. I definitely understand about the crunching up on the shoulder. I think if LV made speedies a little more structured the sides wouldn't bunch up. It bugs me at times. Very practical everyday bag.

Definitely hand held for me! I've carried a classic speedy for so many years that I feel sort of naked without it, lol! (Like today when I carried my Cabas Piano) I do enjoy the Speedy B but i find myself more often than not carrying it without the shoulder strap. I thought the versatility would be great but I find I don't use it that often unless I am on a long shopping trip. When I do use the strap it's so heavy and the bag bangs against my side and bounces around. Maybe because I'm a fast walker....idk. It also pulls my chest/shoulders down.

I like both and own both. Use at different times. Depends where I am going and what I am doing. The same with small medium and large bags.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Shoulder bags mostly. I have a couple of hand held bags but they have an optional shoulder strap. I want to keep my hands free in case I trip and fall or whatever.