Just curious but had to ask anyway !

ilona73

Jan 18, 2013
Ever since I joined here I was just wondering on average how often you all shop in LV ? Is it a monthly affair or considered purchases ? I'm really intreagued as for myself there's a few things I definately plan to buy but more often than not some life event gets in the way. I have to travel to my nearest LV, so more often than not everything is planned. I just wish I lived nearer to one so I could " pop in " on a whim and do some browsing and buying without feeling like everything is a military operation. I run an interior design consultancy , nurse my husbands grandma with advancing Alzheimer's and also have 4 children so life is pretty hectic ! I find the online LV boutique so frustrating to use and am too worried about ordering off them online in case something goes wrong !

I see you're in the UK. I order online most of the time because like you I live quite a drive from the closest store, and I've never had any issues! You should try it, it's fun waiting for the FedEx man! ;)

I do tend to plan my purchases, though I've been known to make small impulse purchases, particularly if it's something in a limited colour for instance.

I'm just starting to build my collection. I have a galliera and am going to buy a speedy next week in Vegas for my birthday. I definitely have some other bags in mind that will be next on the list that I'll have to save for but I think the accessories will be more of a spur of the moment, impulsive, but sooo much fun, items to shop for. It's really hard just starting out. I want to build my collection but I have to save for each of them so it takes a while and meanwhile some of them get discontinued :crybaby:

Ever since I joined here I was just wondering on average how often you all shop in LV ? Is it a monthly affair or considered purchases ? I'm really intreagued as for myself there's a few things I definately plan to buy but more often than not some life event gets in the way. I have to travel to my nearest LV, so more often than not everything is planned. I just wish I lived nearer to one so I could " pop in " on a whim and do some browsing and buying without feeling like everything is a military operation. I run an interior design consultancy , nurse my husbands grandma with advancing Alzheimer's and also have 4 children so life is pretty hectic ! I find the online LV boutique so frustrating to use and am too worried about ordering off them online in case something goes wrong !

I ordered my first bag over the phone. What I attempted to do, was to call my closest store in Sacramento with the number I found online, but it sent me directly to a phone center or something in San Francisco (I know because we were chatting about the weather). The helpful gal I talked to, orderd my bag and it arrived in about a week. I got updates via Email confirming, my order and then when it had been shipped, and the tracking number, so I was easily able to see when it would arrive. I did eventually go by my local LV when I was in the city to order my luggage tag and heat stamp for my bag (they were out of them). So I am still waiting for that.

So to answer your question...pretty much never. This was my first LV purchase, and I live so far away it had been years since I even went in to browse around. So I will be trying to obtain my DA NF in the next week or so, and I am debating going by LV, (I have a doctor's appointment in the city the first week of Feb), vs doing a phone order the way I did before because I really was pleased with how smoothly things went. The pluses of going to LV would be instant gratification (provided they had the bag), and I could possibly get my tag heat stamped immediately. The negatives would be driving over there and them *not* having the bag, and ordering over the phone is supereasy and I could probably do it sooner. I dunno......we shall see.

I tend to "plan" my purchases. They are usually specific to a holiday/event. But sometimes something comes along I can resist....but it's usually and slg

My purchases are few and far between. I obsess about getting certain bags and think about them a long time before doing it.
I breeze in and out of the boutiques just to check out new bags so I can be current about what offerings are out. I have 5 boutiques close by so it is easy.

I have a limited income so can realistically only buy 1 bag every 1-2 years. My first LV was bought at the store, my second online as i had no plans to visit the city where the shop is and didnt see the point in going just for a bag.

Past purchases have been bought on impulse (cc) and im still suffering but when its time to get a new cc im cutting it up so i cant make purchases.

I usually buy online and have never had any issues. My closest store is a little over an hour away and the one time I made the trip I thought the SAs were snobby. I usually plan my purchases and only buy a couple of things a year.

I ordered my first bag over the phone. What I attempted to do, was to call my closest store in Sacramento with the number I found online, but it sent me directly to a phone center or something in San Francisco (I know because we were chatting about the weather). The helpful gal I talked to, orderd my bag and it arrived in about a week. I got updates via Email confirming, my order and then when it had been shipped, and the tracking number, so I was easily able to see when it would arrive. I did eventually go by my local LV when I was in the city to order my luggage tag and heat stamp for my bag (they were out of them). So I am still waiting for that.

So to answer your question...pretty much never. This was my first LV purchase, and I live so far away it had been years since I even went in to browse around. So I will be trying to obtain my DA NF in the next week or so, and I am debating going by LV, (I have a doctor's appointment in the city the first week of Feb), vs doing a phone order the way I did before because I really was pleased with how smoothly things went. The pluses of going to LV would be instant gratification (provided they had the bag), and I could possibly get my tag heat stamped immediately. The negatives would be driving over there and them *not* having the bag, and ordering over the phone is supereasy and I could probably do it sooner. I dunno......we shall see.

You can call them before you go there, and they will put it on hold for you if they have it in stock.

Anything over $200 is a planned purchase for me, that's my impulse/comfort threshold. I usually buy bags for a milestone or while on vacation as my "souvenir". I'm a 1 bag a year person unless I found a great deal second hand on something I've been wanting.

I have been "collecting" since 2004. In that time, I have been into a LV store only 4 times. I have never been intimidated, I just don't have the opportunity since we don't have any stores in the near vicinity. I wonder if this helps me stay focused...and not broke!

There's no rhyme or reason to the madness - I've received all of my bags and SLG's as gifts from my DB - Christmas, Birthdays, Valentines Day, Mother's Day, Summer Solstice, Last Day of the Work Year, Etc. the latest was the Delightful GM bc it was being discontinued and it was more of a challenge for him to be able to locate and purchase it - which he did :smile: