Just curious but had to ask anyway !

ilona73

Jan 18, 2013
west lancashire uk
Ever since I joined here I was just wondering on average how often you all shop in LV ? Is it a monthly affair or considered purchases ? I'm really intreagued as for myself there's a few things I definately plan to buy but more often than not some life event gets in the way. I have to travel to my nearest LV, so more often than not everything is planned. I just wish I lived nearer to one so I could " pop in " on a whim and do some browsing and buying without feeling like everything is a military operation. I run an interior design consultancy , nurse my husbands grandma with advancing Alzheimer's and also have 4 children so life is pretty hectic ! I find the online LV boutique so frustrating to use and am too worried about ordering off them online in case something goes wrong !

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
United Kingdom
I see you're in the UK. I order online most of the time because like you I live quite a drive from the closest store, and I've never had any issues! You should try it, it's fun waiting for the FedEx man! ;)

I do tend to plan my purchases, though I've been known to make small impulse purchases, particularly if it's something in a limited colour for instance.

jewels82

O.G.
Nov 17, 2009
Colorado
I'm just starting to build my collection. I have a galliera and am going to buy a speedy next week in Vegas for my birthday. I definitely have some other bags in mind that will be next on the list that I'll have to save for but I think the accessories will be more of a spur of the moment, impulsive, but sooo much fun, items to shop for. It's really hard just starting out. I want to build my collection but I have to save for each of them so it takes a while and meanwhile some of them get discontinued :crybaby:

SophieChic

Oct 6, 2011
Sierra Nevada Mountains CA
Ever since I joined here I was just wondering on average how often you all shop in LV ? Is it a monthly affair or considered purchases ? I'm really intreagued as for myself there's a few things I definately plan to buy but more often than not some life event gets in the way. I have to travel to my nearest LV, so more often than not everything is planned. I just wish I lived nearer to one so I could " pop in " on a whim and do some browsing and buying without feeling like everything is a military operation. I run an interior design consultancy , nurse my husbands grandma with advancing Alzheimer's and also have 4 children so life is pretty hectic ! I find the online LV boutique so frustrating to use and am too worried about ordering off them online in case something goes wrong !
I ordered my first bag over the phone. What I attempted to do, was to call my closest store in Sacramento with the number I found online, but it sent me directly to a phone center or something in San Francisco (I know because we were chatting about the weather). The helpful gal I talked to, orderd my bag and it arrived in about a week. I got updates via Email confirming, my order and then when it had been shipped, and the tracking number, so I was easily able to see when it would arrive. I did eventually go by my local LV when I was in the city to order my luggage tag and heat stamp for my bag (they were out of them). So I am still waiting for that.

So to answer your question...pretty much never. This was my first LV purchase, and I live so far away it had been years since I even went in to browse around. So I will be trying to obtain my DA NF in the next week or so, and I am debating going by LV, (I have a doctor's appointment in the city the first week of Feb), vs doing a phone order the way I did before because I really was pleased with how smoothly things went. The pluses of going to LV would be instant gratification (provided they had the bag), and I could possibly get my tag heat stamped immediately. The negatives would be driving over there and them *not* having the bag, and ordering over the phone is supereasy and I could probably do it sooner. I dunno......we shall see.

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Maryland
I tend to "plan" my purchases. They are usually specific to a holiday/event. But sometimes something comes along I can resist....but it's usually and slg

iheartmypurse

Feb 24, 2010
virginia
I've sadly have never been inside an LV. The nearest one is 4hrs away. I do all my buying online so I plan all of mine. I hope to take a trip there this year. :smile:

Christabella

Jan 23, 2009
Germany
I prefer buying online because the only LV store near is known for its rude SAs.
I usually research online before buying sth and I love watching Youtube reviews.

gelbergirl

hubba hubba ;)
O.G.
Sep 23, 2006
NYC metro-area
My purchases are few and far between. I obsess about getting certain bags and think about them a long time before doing it.
I breeze in and out of the boutiques just to check out new bags so I can be current about what offerings are out. I have 5 boutiques close by so it is easy.

oggers86

Dec 7, 2008
Leicestershire
I have a limited income so can realistically only buy 1 bag every 1-2 years. My first LV was bought at the store, my second online as i had no plans to visit the city where the shop is and didnt see the point in going just for a bag.

Past purchases have been bought on impulse (cc) and im still suffering but when its time to get a new cc im cutting it up so i cant make purchases.

LostStarfish

Jan 15, 2012
North Carolina
I usually buy online and have never had any issues. My closest store is a little over an hour away and the one time I made the trip I thought the SAs were snobby. I usually plan my purchases and only buy a couple of things a year.

Mar 14, 2012
I ordered my first bag over the phone. What I attempted to do, was to call my closest store in Sacramento with the number I found online, but it sent me directly to a phone center or something in San Francisco (I know because we were chatting about the weather). The helpful gal I talked to, orderd my bag and it arrived in about a week. I got updates via Email confirming, my order and then when it had been shipped, and the tracking number, so I was easily able to see when it would arrive. I did eventually go by my local LV when I was in the city to order my luggage tag and heat stamp for my bag (they were out of them). So I am still waiting for that.

So to answer your question...pretty much never. This was my first LV purchase, and I live so far away it had been years since I even went in to browse around. So I will be trying to obtain my DA NF in the next week or so, and I am debating going by LV, (I have a doctor's appointment in the city the first week of Feb), vs doing a phone order the way I did before because I really was pleased with how smoothly things went. The pluses of going to LV would be instant gratification (provided they had the bag), and I could possibly get my tag heat stamped immediately. The negatives would be driving over there and them *not* having the bag, and ordering over the phone is supereasy and I could probably do it sooner. I dunno......we shall see.
You can call them before you go there, and they will put it on hold for you if they have it in stock.

BagsNBaubles

Bag Stalker
Jun 6, 2012
Anything over $200 is a planned purchase for me, that's my impulse/comfort threshold. I usually buy bags for a milestone or while on vacation as my "souvenir". I'm a 1 bag a year person unless I found a great deal second hand on something I've been wanting.

theweimsmom

Jan 10, 2013
I have been "collecting" since 2004. In that time, I have been into a LV store only 4 times. I have never been intimidated, I just don't have the opportunity since we don't have any stores in the near vicinity. I wonder if this helps me stay focused...and not broke!

Melfontana

Feb 13, 2012
There's no rhyme or reason to the madness - I've received all of my bags and SLG's as gifts from my DB - Christmas, Birthdays, Valentines Day, Mother's Day, Summer Solstice, Last Day of the Work Year, Etc. the latest was the Delightful GM bc it was being discontinued and it was more of a challenge for him to be able to locate and purchase it - which he did :smile: