Just clearing the air, please don't flame me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to add that as a newbie I am impressed with all of those who've responded to the OP. There seems to be genuine caring in this forum, and I am happy to have discovered it.

msbroberts, you've handled this whole ordeal with dignity and grace, unlike the very few who seemed to come across as self-important with their "critiques." this forum is amazing, and i'm glad you are sticking around, i enjoy your posts. i hope you are having a wonderful birthday!!:flowers: :yahoo:

Happy belated to you msroberts! I read the original thread and I'm glad you decided to stick around and not let others make you leave over an invalid opinion.

While I also wish MrsB a very happy birthday (and I have in an earlier post)I would also like to say a few words in response to those who mentioned the "self-important" members who offered an "invalid opinion".

These women you are talking about are very well-versed in Hermes products and highly respected on this board for their educated comments and freely given assistance in many, many cases. Instead of making assumptions, it might be wise if you were to avail yourselves of the new link being created in which you can learn how to distinguish a real Croc bag from a fake Croc bag. And then you can come to your own conclusions.

I think the term "invalid opinion" is quite inappropriate in this case. It would be like saying a Mercedes SA doesn't know anything about Mercedes. Come on now a least give credit where credit is due. These so called "invalid opinions" know more about Hermes then most of us will in a life time!!
It really is all very simple all MsB has to do is go and have the bag authenticated as any other board member certainly would do if there was any suspicion as to the authenticity of the item. I don't understand what all the pussy footing around is about. There is VALID question to whether this bag is authentic so what is the problem? It has nothing to do with a Bday or a wonderful MIL or wonderful DIL, it's about a bag that is questionable.
What is the problem here? I would also think that if the bag turns out to be a fake Ms Roberts would then know the truth and if it turns out to be real then we would all know the truth. I just don't get what the big deal is!!
So if someone else on this board gets a fake bag from their inlaws that would be OK because it was their birthday gift and they have a wonderful relationship with the inlaws. Pretty silly eh?
Z

this whole situation is horrible ! not only for mrs but alos for all the valuable members who have been attacked openly or via pm for stating their knowledge based opinion. and yes i do find it really sad that some members thinking of leaving the forum due to this but frankly somehow i can understand it !

Status
Not open for further replies.