Just Bought This C&C Dress..Style Ideas?

I would wear a really bright patent belt around the waist to give it a nice pop of color. Otherwise a navy dress with brown leggings and boots would be really dull IMO.

i have that exact dress lol! i love it! i usually wear it with a red patent belt and red peep toes. I have worn it with brown heels kind of like in the pic but i didn't like the look! Also, once i've worn it with a studded brown suede belt with suede boots that are like calf length and got a lot of compliments! I think it's cute with like a light brown like in the pic but too plain just like that, needs a belt or something. If belts aren't ur thing try it with a colorful bag and maybe a big headband.

I had it dry cleaned and it was still like new. You're gonna love it when it comes bc it's even better in person!

^^I agree about the leggings.. especially if you're wearing boots, I'd go with bare legs. Also, if you're not a belt person, you could try a cardigan over the dress to give it more shape (although this might potentially look funny because the sleeves are wider).
Cute dress! I love C&C!

well, for that picture at least, a thin and simple belt worn high would look very nice. i wonder if the sleeves would get in the way of a cute, fitted and cropped vest to go with the 'ethnic' scarf or long or layered necklaces.

i really like the idea of brown accessories or ivory accessories. ...oh, how about wooden "jewelery"? :heh:

and for winter, black/dark brown leggings with matching heels or wedges or booties or heeled oxfords, whatever, would be nice...especially paired with a coat that hits are about the same length.

I don't know that I would go with the leggings, almost seems like too much fabric to me since the dress isn't that short. Come on...show a little leg!

^ Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking too. Is the dress black or navy (I can't tell:shame:smile:? Either way, I think brown boots would be cute, maybe with a wide belt. It would also be cute with heels, a wide belt and bare legs. Or how about patterned tights instead of leggings? Patterned tights, maryjanes and a belt would look realllllly cute as well! No matter what, I think it needs a belt lol.

To give a different idea to the mix, I think this would look really nice with a big ring belt in silver (thing '70s Saint-Laurent), creme sandals with with silk somewhere (I recall a pair from Hermes last s/s that had creme chiffon, beautiful) and a very light gray linen jacket, for a more mid-spring style. And I've never been a fan of leggings, so I'd say don't wear them, but I suppose I'm a bit biased since I think everything looks terrible with them.