Just bought Palermo GM- need advice

Mar 27, 2010
The store only had the one on display and half the leather straps have turned darker already due to the store's lights. Should I return it and order a new one from the website?

Also, is the Palermo GM too big to carry around for shopping and just around town? I bought it because I am taking a trip in a couple weeks and needed a great tote. . .but I hate to think that I can only use it for travel. Its such a great bag. I can also use it for work to carry everything I need, but what about just around town? Is it too big? Or should I just not care and love my new girl?

Thanks!!

For every day use, I use the Palermo PM or NF. Or even consider the Totally MM or GM. The GM looks big but it's softer and wouldn't seem so boxy as the Palermo GM.

But if you decide to stay with the Palermo GM, I'd return that and order a fresh one.

The store only had the one on display and half the leather straps have turned darker already due to the store's lights. Should I return it and order a new one from the website?

Also, is the Palermo GM too big to carry around for shopping and just around town? I bought it because I am taking a trip in a couple weeks and needed a great tote. . .but I hate to think that I can only use it for travel. Its such a great bag. I can also use it for work to carry everything I need, but what about just around town? Is it too big? Or should I just not care and love my new girl?

Thanks!!

I'm a "big bag" gal, so I say the GM size is great. As for the patina on the straps, IMO, if you can't stand it, take it back for a new one. I've purchased pieces from the store before that already had a "starting" patina from the lighting, but it wasn't uneven, so I was fine with it. If only half of the leather has started to turn, I'd ask for a new one so that the patina will be even. GL!!

I would also return for a new one...as for size well I love the look of the GM, I have a PM and love it as well, use it all the time. Really the only reason I did not get the GM is because I am such a small lady that the GM was just a little too large for me. But every time I see a lady with a GM I think it looks great on her!