Just Bought My First Real Coach Bag!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Up till now, all I've bought were small coach pieces such as keyfobs, a wristlet, a scarf, and this small black leather flap. I am mostly interested in the leather bags and I told myself I'd never buy a large signature piece. I've been wanting a Carly for awhile and was thinking I'd get it in leather or if a sig, the dark brown since the sig doesn't stand out as much. Anyway, I saw this on ebay new and couldn't resist the price with the Live cash back of only like 200 bucks! :smile: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220268297295&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012
    I am hoping I like it when I get it otherwise I think I'll resell and get myself a leather carly. I know I jumped on the Carly bandwagon a bit late, but I really like the hobo shape.

2. Congrats on your first purchase. However....I don't know with 100% certainty, but this bag looks a little suspect to me. I think usually the sig carlys have 4 C's across and 4 C's down, this bag shows 3 down. Also I think the metallic bags have a matching metallic creed. Again, I am not 100% positive.

You might want to post this in the "Authenticate this" forum to see what people think.

Can someone that owns this metallic trim bag check your creed and what color is your lining?

My apologies in advance if I am incorrect about any of this.

3. regular carly's have 3 down.
    [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

5. hate to say it but I think its fake,

Or their coloring/camera is way off.

6. I hope she gets on here soon and sees this so she can get her money back or file a claim!

7. My first thought was that it is a fake also :sad:

8. the ebay link says, 17" long ~ 13" high ~ 6" wide but yet the coach site says for the large carly 15 (L) x 12 1/2 (H) x 6 (W)

Also you ^^ are correct a large carly should have 4 cc down
    [​IMG]

9. I agree. The color looks way off too. And the leather strap looks crinkled, like its not real leather. Especially when you look at it from the side.

10. I think this is totally fake :/ The signature fabric looks cheap and the C's appear to be wearing off :sad:

11. Oh yea, it's definately a fake, the seller has another Carly listed but, this time it's the medium 10619, look at the hang tag on the one she now has listed. Both the one that the original poster bought and the one she now has listed are wrinkled like they have been stuffed inside a box comming from China.

12. Should we PM the person who bought it?

13. Thanks for the heads up girls! :sad: Guess that is a hint to stay away from sigs! I'm going to talk to live help now.