Just bought my first pair of platform, high high heels- weitzman shoe- help!

baby&melovelv

i.am.sweet.melissa
Aug 20, 2006
Hi! I just bought my first pair of expensive (to me) pair of shoes. They are my skin tone, peep toe platforms, and they are pretty high. With that said, they are comfortable. Well, standing in my living room comfy. ANy advice? I wear casual clothes and shoes/sneakers most days, so this is a big change for me. i want to have some nice shoes for going out, you know? i don't know how to walk in them!

Well, definitely first wear them in the house for an hour at least, before you wear them out, so (1) if they are not comfortable, you can return them (usually I know within 5-10 minutes if a shoes is too uncomfortable); but more importantly, (2) you can break them in and be used to the higher heel, before you try to walk with them on uneven pavement, etc.
Once you decide to wear them out, first wear them on a night you are not going to be doing a lot of walking. Then, if all is well after that, you should be fine. GL!

practice first around the house, and as you get more comfortable, then wear them out for "sitting" occasions like dinner, movie, etc. after a few times of that, hopefully you'll be a pro!

^^^ YES, this is good advice!!!!

I have been practicing for a year, just wearing heels around the house, and I feel pretty good in them now for special occasions :smile:
I love wearing them out to dinner and I am building my collection....

As a matter of fact, I was looking at that shoe just yesterday!
I think the color would match for me, too!!!!!!

thanks everyone- i appreciate the help. i feel kind of silly- being 36 and not knowing how to wear heels! but i feel kindof great it these... they are flattering- no fat feet! they are a HUGE departure from what I wear, but i think they are nicer than just 2 inch heels...

There is definitely a method to wearing high heels - it's not just the heels that make the guys turn and look, it's the movement of the hips, etc. (The Man said this to me when he was trying to point out that the 'expensive' heels I wanted is not that important since any ol' heels will do for him, but not me as he found out...anyway...).

Whenever I get new heels, I ALWAYS wear them around the house first, as long as I can stand it. I've cooked in heels & done laundry in heels. I learned my lesson the real hard way by wearing shoes that were 'so comfortable' in the store!! GL with these. Weitzman are usually comfortable.

When I'd buy a new pair of shoes and I want to break them in, I'll wear them to run an errand or two so I know how they're like on different surfaces and how they feel when I'm just sitting in the car driving.

The shoes are super cute, btw. =)