Just bought my first LV and need advice :)

nprotundo

Oct 23, 2007
Hi everyone! I have been a stalker on this site for a little while now and my hubby decided to surprise me with an ebony (did I spell that right?) Berkeley!!!! Im so excited but I want to make sure that I treat this bag right. I have never had an expensive bag like this and still get goose bumps when I think of how much he spent on it. But its my "graduating from law school" bag so its justified, lol. What can I do to keep it looking nice? Is there some kind of leather protectant I should use or something like that?

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
United States
congrats - welcome to tpf!
i think one of the best things about the damier ebene canvas is that it's virtually worry-free! i haven't treated my damier bag at all and it's just like new.
hope you can post pics of your new bag!!!

kiwietnana

Jul 25, 2008
UK
Congratulations on your first bag ... :tup: ... Always is a special one, but don't worry, it is not as prone as the Monogram Canvas to stains on the vachetta ;)

ronsdiva

NE Born OH Bred
O.G.
Jul 6, 2007
Maryland
Congrats on your first LV. Since it is canvas and has no vachetta (the light colored leather on the monogram line) or leather, it is so worry free.

nprotundo

Oct 23, 2007
Thank you all so much!! I dont have any pictures yet because I technically wasnt supposed to know about it until it came, but being my usual sneaky self, I found out prior, lol. Im waiting for it in the mail right now. It was ordered online because we dont have any LV stores around here where I go to school. Trust me, I will post pics!!!!! Its really weird because Im already thinking about what I want next. Its almost like an addiction. Once I knew I was getting one, I wanted another one too. I dont even physically have it yet but Im already planning my next one! Am I crazy??