Just bought my First Chloe... should I exchange it?

Rainpo

Jul 14, 2013
Went to a local dept store over the weekend to try out the Marcies and Paratys IRL. Couldn't resist and bought the medium Marcie in cashmere grey!!

I was trying out the one in street blue too but I went for grey in the end. Thought It's a more neutral and versatile color. The SA was suggesting me to get the blue though!
Now I am thinking should I exchange it... or get this sea water, which is a Smooth leather instead, online....
Your opinion is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• 1403227166079.jpg
    1403227166079.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 585
  • 1403227250458.jpg
    1403227250458.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 592
  • 1403227407619.jpg
    1403227407619.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 587
  • 1403227418757.jpg
    1403227418757.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 580
What color will you use more? Cashmere grey will go with everything, all year around. Sea water blue is nice pop of color and still can match many things. My personal favorite is Street blue, but it's the most difficult color that is great for Spring/Summer.

Keep the original it's classy and you can use it all four seasons. Chloe Victoria (a lesser known model) was my first premier designer bag an despite my new additions in the likes of prada, ferragamo and bal, it is still the bag I reach for the most. I got it in a coffee latte color ad use it almost every time i go out and it had help up so well regardless!

Yes Yes both of you are very right. Many of my outfits are of pop or brighter colours. I guess a neutral bag can make easier match.
I agree the street blue is in fact very nice but difficult too!
Thanks!

I love the street blue too, the smooth leather one is too bright for me, but the street blue is more sedate. In saying all that I think I would have still gone with the grey if I had been in your situation, it's a much more versatile colour and if you wear lots of colour anyway, a neutral bag is best.

The grey one looks fantastic on you, and it´s an all-rounder!

That said, the first blue one (the darker, vivid one) seems to be made of the smooth leather that is almost water-resistant, while the pebbled blue one below it isn´t. Is frequent humidity/rainfall a consideration for you...?

I love street blue and will be looking out for this one but I agree with the other ladies that you should go with your first choice.

I do think that you will have to be wary of colour transfer with the cashmere grey, but even then colour transfer can be taken off with care products in most cases.

Thanks for all your input and assurance girls! I will keep the grey I think.
I do live in a rainy city, not humid though, but I seldom walk on the street. I guess there are some kind of leather products that can be used for protection? This will be my next step!
I like the travel point... and yep I need a wardrobe staple!
I really appreciate all your Help Coz when I asked my DH, he just answered: whichever u like :confused1:

I love street blue and will be looking out for this one but I agree with the other ladies that you should go with your first choice.

I do think that you will have to be wary of colour transfer with the cashmere grey, but even then colour transfer can be taken off with care products in most cases.

For colour transfer do u mean like the jeans colour getting on the bag? I have never really cared for the bags I have had. But this one for sure will be babied!

For colour transfer do u mean like the jeans colour getting on the bag? I have never really cared for the bags I have had. But this one for sure will be babied!

I don't think colour transfer would be a big problem with this bag, the leather is treated but you can use a leather cleaner. I don't bother with protection sprays as they can ruin the leather. Just so long as you don't put your bag on the floor/ground, it should be fine :smile: