Just bought my 2nd Dooney!!!

karid08

Feb 24, 2021
I'm going a little crazy here!!! :biggrin: Last Friday I ordered my first Dooney, the Florentine small satchel in red. Then last night I couldn't resists ordering the small Brianna in Saffiano Elephant!!! So excited. It was such a good price on ILD! I fell in love with the shape and loved the color. I read lots of people don't care for it, but I really liked it. I looked for pictures EVERYWHERE to try and get a better idea of the color and I know colors can be misleading on the Dooney sites.
Anyway, I really hope it works out. I don't have bags in this shape and the design is a little different, which is what I usually look for in a bag. Is this bag considered a "bucket" shape?
Will post pics when it arrives!

• Love
Reactions: RuedeNesle
I'm going a little crazy here!!! :biggrin: Last Friday I ordered my first Dooney, the Florentine small satchel in red. Then last night I couldn't resists ordering the small Brianna in Saffiano Elephant!!! So excited. It was such a good price on ILD! I fell in love with the shape and loved the color. I read lots of people don't care for it, but I really liked it. I looked for pictures EVERYWHERE to try and get a better idea of the color and I know colors can be misleading on the Dooney sites.
Anyway, I really hope it works out. I don't have bags in this shape and the design is a little different, which is what I usually look for in a bag. Is this bag considered a "bucket" shape?
Will post pics when it arrives!
karid08: Congratulations. Be careful... Dooney bags are like potato chips.... it's very hard to stop
because they are so good! :smile: Seriously, the quality and construction are excellent... in my experience, well above most other contemporary brands and often better price.

You are building a really nice collection.... different styles,
different colors, and different leathers. I hope you enjoy each and every one of them. And the good news is that Dooney handbags last for a very long time.

Everyone has different style, leather, and color preferences. Some ladies adore neutrals and
elephant color is very popular. I've found that elephant does look different in different leathers.
It's a taupey/greyish neutral in pebble and saffiano, quite lovely. But in Florentine, the
elephant is much more brown and muddy.... more like an olive and brown mix.

Saffiano is a very durable leather. It's quite different from Florentine... not nearly as thick or
lux. BUT.... saffiano is a work horse leather, and also lighter weight. It's great to have a saffiano
handbag in your collection.... no worries if it's wet or snowy out, of if the vegetable mister in the
grocery store attacks, or sticky fingers grab hold, etc. And saffiano doesn't show surface scratches. Saffiano reflects light, so the colors are pretty to look at.

The style you selected is also very popular. Dooney has different versions (Brenna, Barlow, etc)
in different leathers and slightly different dimensions, as well as a range of sizes (mini, small, regular, and large). The style is very unique and has a lot of function. It's great when not all your handbags
look alike.

In addition to all the pockets for organization, that style can be carried in several ways....
hand held, on the arm, short shoulder, long shoulder, or cross body The long strap can be shortened,
or removed when you don't use it, and if you do use the long strap, the short handles can either
be folded across the top of the bag so they don't poke you. Or the short handles can be
tucked into the outside pockets and completely hidden when you carry the bag with the longer strap.
Just don't store the bag with the short handles tucked into the outside pockets, as that can leave an indentation mark if there is too much pressure from tight storage conditions. (Handles should never lay across the outside of a bag either during storage, as this can leave marks too....
I know from sad experience :sad: )

Enjoy both your new handbags.

karid08: Congratulations. Be careful... Dooney bags are like potato chips.... it's very hard to stop
because they are so good! :smile: Seriously, the quality and construction are excellent... in my experience, well above most other contemporary brands and often better price.

I definitely understand about the bag addiction, OMG! I really have to control myself when it comes to bags and jewelry! Those are my weaknesses, lol.

I think I have never gotten into Dooney because I guess they are not as available where I live. There are no stores or outlets. I used to see them only at Macys, but now that's gone too. Maybe it is a good thing? lol.

You are building a really nice collection.... different styles,
different colors, and different leathers. I hope you enjoy each and every one of them. And the good news is that Dooney handbags last for a very long time.

Everyone has different style, leather, and color preferences. Some ladies adore neutrals and
elephant color is very popular. I've found that elephant does look different in different leathers.
It's a taupey/greyish neutral in pebble and saffiano, quite lovely. But in Florentine, the
elephant is much more brown and muddy.... more like an olive and brown mix.

Saffiano is a very durable leather. It's quite different from Florentine... not nearly as thick or
lux. BUT.... saffiano is a work horse leather, and also lighter weight. It's great to have a saffiano
handbag in your collection.... no worries if it's wet or snowy out, of if the vegetable mister in the
grocery store attacks, or sticky fingers grab hold, etc. And saffiano doesn't show surface scratches. Saffiano reflects light, so the colors are pretty to look at.

I stopped buying lower quality bags a while ago, because it would break my heart to see a bag I love, to start falling apart. Good quality paired with good care can really make them last. Some of my bags are about 15 yrs old and look almost new! I like to take care of them and rotate them. I have quite a few saffiano ones because of this, I love the fact that they are so durable, and the colors are so crisp.

The style you selected is also very popular. Dooney has different versions (Brenna, Barlow, etc)
in different leathers and slightly different dimensions, as well as a range of sizes (mini, small, regular, and large). The style is very unique and has a lot of function. It's great when not all your handbags
look alike.

In addition to all the pockets for organization, that style can be carried in several ways....
hand held, on the arm, short shoulder, long shoulder, or cross body The long strap can be shortened,
or removed when you don't use it, and if you do use the long strap, the short handles can either
be folded across the top of the bag so they don't poke you. Or the short handles can be
tucked into the outside pockets and completely hidden when you carry the bag with the longer strap.
Just don't store the bag with the short handles tucked into the outside pockets, as that can leave an indentation mark if there is too much pressure from tight storage conditions. (Handles should never lay across the outside of a bag either during storage, as this can leave marks too....
I know from sad experience :sad: )

Enjoy both your new handbags.

I really loved the style of the Brenna. I typically don't go for very "plain" bags. I love tassels, appliques, embossing, embroidery, painting, printing, studs, etc on them. If it's not that, then it's about shape and/or color. The Brenna fit the last 2 for me.:biggrin:

Thank you so much for the info on all the different ways to carry it, that makes me even more excited! Also, thank you for the storage tips on the handles, I would definitely not appreciate the marks on the bag.

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to share your knowledge. I really appreciate it!:heart:

I really loved the style of the Brenna. I typically don't go for very "plain" bags. I love tassels, appliques, embossing, embroidery, painting, printing, studs, etc on them. If it's not that, then it's about shape and/or color. The Brenna fit the last 2 for me.:biggrin:

Thank you so much for the info on all the different ways to carry it, that makes me even more excited! Also, thank you for the storage tips on the handles, I would definitely not appreciate the marks on the bag.

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to share your knowledge. I really appreciate it!:heart:
My pleasure. We all love talking about handbags among others that appreciate them too!
And we learn from each other.

Reactions: karid08
It's here!!!!! OMG what a beauty! I absolutely love it. I think the picture doesn't do it justice. Love the color and the shape. I was surprised it's super spacious and I already set up the strap to use it as a short shoulder bag. Not really into crossbody bags, so I'll use it mostly on the arm or hand held and on the shoulder as need. I think the color makes it really elegant. Perfect work bag.
The quality really is awesome!20210305_160534.jpg
Here is the picture

Omg, I can't wait for Monday when my Florentine red arrives!!!!! It's perfect timing because my husband got it for me and it is our wedding anniversary on Monday :heart: He is well aware of my love of bags, so he decided go get me a bag with the points he got from his anniversary at work. He said it would make him happier to give me something I would love, rather that anything else he could have gotten for himself :heart: So he let me choose the bag. Anyway, that's the story of my red Florentine:biggrin:.

I love bags but never pay retail price for them. I always buy them at the outlets and they are mostly Kate Spade, MK and Coach. I got the Brenna for under $100 with the promotion, so that was awesome!

Omg, I can't wait for Monday when my Florentine red arrives!!!!! It's perfect timing because my husband got it for me and it is our wedding anniversary on Monday :heart: He is well aware of my love of bags, so he decided go get me a bag with the points he got from his anniversary at work. He said it would make him happier to give me something I would love, rather that anything else he could have gotten for himself :heart: So he let me choose the bag. Anyway, that's the story of my red Florentine:biggrin:.

I love bags but never pay retail price for them. I always buy them at the outlets and they are mostly Kate Spade, MK and Coach. I got the Brenna for under $100 with the promotion, so that was awesome!
Congratulations on both your new bags. Enjoy carrying them. Each one will have a great memory for you...
especially the red Florentine satchel.... even more special when it's a special gift. And the elephant Brenna
was such a great deal, you won't forget that either. Both bags have extra memories to make you
smile when you look at them.