Just bought my 1st MJ, Opinions please

tatertot

~Happy Tot~
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
Hi Ladies,
While waiting for my hg Stam to come along I saw this beauty on the bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...30219911350&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013and could not resist:love:. It looked like such a gorgeous color and I just had to have it. I have never had one before though and was wondering about the style. What do you ladies think of yours and is it comfy on the shoulder? Thanks so much as I am normally a Bal and Chloe girl but have long been coveting an MJ and w/ your guidance now have a beauty on it's way.:yahoo:

so it's the venetia? not the stam,correct?
Yup, Only the Venetia for now (but still very exciting for me:happydance:. I am wanting an electric blue stam so who knows when I will find that gem. I am really excited about this bag though and can't wait for her to get here. I don't know how old it is and am fine with it being carried because I loved the color and hope it is purple like in the photos.
How would you ladies describe the color and is it a comfy bag or very heavy? Thanks again for your input:heart:

the venetia is a classic bag-it's easy to carry,can easily hold things well, looks clean...I'M sure you'll enjoy her! As for the fit, i can/do carry mine on my shoulder using the handles but do find that it doesn't fit as easily as my stam. As for the weight, if you're used to carrying bbags, please prepare yourself of the weight. It's certainly not something that you won't be able to handle (unless you're in NYC where you're walking around all day everywhere!), but it has weight. I just bought my (EB!!)city BBAG and love her!! but MJ bags are cute in their own way (albeit the weight...). Don't let the weight deter you though. I just want you to prepare yourself so that you can enjoy your bag more rather than being unexpectedly surprised of the weight esp. if you're used to Bbags... Congrats on your lovely bag!:heart:

the venetia is a classic bag-it's easy to carry,can easily hold things well, looks clean...I'M sure you'll enjoy her! As for the fit, i can/do carry mine on my shoulder using the handles but do find that it doesn't fit as easily as my stam. As for the weight, if you're used to carrying bbags, please prepare yourself of the weight. It's certainly not something that you won't be able to handle (unless you're in NYC where you're walking around all day everywhere!), but it has weight. I just bought my (EB!!)city BBAG and love her!! but MJ bags are cute in their own way (albeit the weight...). Don't let the weight deter you though. I just want you to prepare yourself so that you can enjoy your bag more rather than being unexpectedly surprised of the weight esp. if you're used to Bbags... Congrats on your lovely bag!:heart:
Thank you so much for the great description. I will be stalking my mailbox from here on out till she arrives:graucho:!! I have a few Chloe's so hopefully it won't be any heavier than those. I live in a small town in Mi so no worries about the long walks (just keeping it out of the snow is challenge enough)
OOOOOOHHHH you lucky girl! An electric blue city:yahoo:! I am drooling right now. Oh how I would love one of those. That is one of the reasons I'm searching for a stam in that gorge blue color.

Hi Ladies,
While waiting for my hg Stam to come along I saw this beauty on the bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230219911350&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013and could not resist:love:. It looked like such a gorgeous color and I just had to have it. I have never had one before though and was wondering about the style. What do you ladies think of yours and is it comfy on the shoulder? Thanks so much as I am normally a Bal and Chloe girl but have long been coveting an MJ and w/ your guidance now have a beauty on it's way.:yahoo:

CONGRATULATIONS :tup::heart:! She is beautiful :love: I'm so happy for you :yahoo:

I don't have a Venetia, so my experience comes from Blake/MP/Hobo, but if you're used to Chloe's you can handle just about anything ;) The suede lining does contribute to the weight, and it depends on which Chloe's you're comparing -- my Blake does have some weight to it, but it's sooooo worth it! My biggest problem is not the weight of my bags, it's the amount of cr@p I carry around with me on a daily basis! Not to mention that, like you, I'm using my Chloe wristlet inside my other bags :nuts:

CONGRATULATIONS :tup::heart:! She is beautiful :love: I'm so happy for you :yahoo:

I don't have a Venetia, so my experience comes from Blake/MP/Hobo, but if you're used to Chloe's you can handle just about anything ;) The suede lining does contribute to the weight, and it depends on which Chloe's you're comparing -- my Blake does have some weight to it, but it's sooooo worth it! My biggest problem is not the weight of my bags, it's the amount of cr@p I carry around with me on a daily basis! Not to mention that, like you, I'm using my Chloe wristlet inside my other bags :nuts:
Thank so much all!! I am so excited and just can't wait for it to get here. I think the weight will be okay but it's like Jen said it's all the stuff I put in it that will make it heavy I'm sure:P. I'll post some modeling pics when she gets here:yes:

yay a fellow tPF'er snagged Christy's Venetia! glad to hear it's staying in the "TPF Family" ;) I hope you enjoy the Venetia when you get her! Love the beautiful color!