Just bought and waiting for my large soft envelope monogram bag in mixed matelasse leather!

Breadnbrie

Jun 11, 2016
Waiting for bags to arrive always kills me, so I thought I'd share my excitement and photos of this bag first, in case anyone is contemplating it! 3 days to go!

So I went to the store with my heart set on the medium college bag in dark anthracite, but when I saw it in person, it was way smaller than I anticipated; I couldn't fit my continental wallet into the largest pocket, and it would barely have room for my iPhone 6 Plus, mini brush, mini pill bottle, mints, lipgloss, and sunglasses. I think without the middle zippered compartment, it all would have fit fine. I still think this bag is probably the one that looks best on me proportionately, but is too small for my needs.IMG_8986.JPG

So then I looked at the large college. Definitely fits more, but it doesn't have a crossbody option. Plus, I was expecting overall a more refined finish on the lambskin. Though it was beautiful, I didn't expect it to look as distressed as it looked when I saw it in person.
IMG_8990.JPG
My lovely friend then pointed out the similar large envelope in mixed matelasse leather, and from there I knew I was in trouble!! The calfskin looked sturdier, the anthracite color was a little darker, and there are 3 carrying options: one shoulder with long strap, one shoulder with the straps doubled, and crossbody. My heart started to race and I knew I had to have it!IMG_9007.JPG
IMG_9004.JPG IMG_9027.JPG
Here's a photo of the college and large envelope together for comparison:
IMG_9025.JPG
I thought the medium envelope was super cute as well, just too small.
IMG_8998.JPG
And just for kicks, I also tried on the Chanel jumbo flap, and found that the SL bag suits my style much better :smile:
IMG_9038.JPG

Last edited:
It looks great on you!! I love the college but for some reason, the large looks odd and I only like it in the medium side

The bag you chose looks so lovely! TBH I have seen it in store and never paid too much attention as I am not a fan of the metal rivet the chain goes into. However, seeing your pics makes me rethink my choice and I might have to go see it in person! So lovely!! Wear in good health!!

Two more photos. I feel like the ones I posted make the bag look super large on me because of how I cropped them. This is a farther away shot.
View attachment 3640754
And close upView attachment 3640755
The ysl bag looks great on you! Question - is there a pocket on the outside? On the brand's website it says so but it's hard to tell in the pics. Thanks in advance I need to go see this bag in person very soon!!

Waiting for bags to arrive always kills me, so I thought I'd share my excitement and photos of this bag first, in case anyone is contemplating it! 3 days to go!

So I went to the store with my heart set on the medium college bag in dark anthracite, but when I saw it in person, it was way smaller than I anticipated; I couldn't fit my continental wallet into the largest pocket, and it would barely have room for my iPhone 6 Plus, mini brush, mini pill bottle, mints, lipgloss, and sunglasses. I think without the middle zippered compartment, it all would have fit fine. I still think this bag is probably the one that looks best on me proportionately, but is too small for my needs.View attachment 3640331

So then I looked at the large college. Definitely fits more, but it doesn't have a crossbody option. Plus, I was expecting overall a more refined finish on the lambskin. Though it was beautiful, I didn't expect it to look as distressed as it looked when I saw it in person.
View attachment 3640332
My lovely friend then pointed out the similar large envelope in mixed matelasse leather, and from there I knew I was in trouble!! The calfskin looked sturdier, the anthracite color was a little darker, and there are 3 carrying options: one shoulder with long strap, one shoulder with the straps doubled, and crossbody. My heart started to race and I knew I had to have it!View attachment 3640334
View attachment 3640333 View attachment 3640335
Here's a photo of the college and large envelope together for comparison:
View attachment 3640338
I thought the medium envelope was super cute as well, just too small.
View attachment 3640340
And just for kicks, I also tried on the Chanel jumbo flap, and found that the SL bag suits my style much better :smile:
View attachment 3640350
It looks so good! Classic yet a little edgy! The Chanel bag looks so conservative and a little dull in comparison. I want a bag like this too!

It looks great on you!! I love the college but for some reason, the large looks odd and I only like it in the medium side

The bag you chose looks so lovely! TBH I have seen it in store and never paid too much attention as I am not a fan of the metal rivet the chain goes into. However, seeing your pics makes me rethink my choice and I might have to go see it in person! So lovely!! Wear in good health!!
Thank you! I usually don't like this rivet chain combo, but it's perfect on this bag I think. I love how it translates to multiple carrying options.