Just bought and waiting for my large soft envelope monogram bag in mixed matelasse leather!

Since there aren't a lot of posts on here about this amazing bag, I'll add a few more photos. As you can see, there's a back pocket and 2 compartments in the bag. Plenty of room for my phone, large continental wallet, and my usual large pouch containing mints, brush, compact, lip gloss, mini lotion bottle, mini pill bottle, pen, emergency tampons, and keys. The bag itself is very light and easy to carry.

The calf leather is soft and smooshy but looks pretty scratch resistant. I don't think the bottom will sag because the middle zippered compartment gives some structure to it.
IMG_9244.JPG IMG_9236.JPG IMG_9269.JPG

Waiting for bags to arrive always kills me, so I thought I'd share my excitement and photos of this bag first, in case anyone is contemplating it! 3 days to go!

So I went to the store with my heart set on the medium college bag in dark anthracite, but when I saw it in person, it was way smaller than I anticipated; I couldn't fit my continental wallet into the largest pocket, and it would barely have room for my iPhone 6 Plus, mini brush, mini pill bottle, mints, lipgloss, and sunglasses. I think without the middle zippered compartment, it all would have fit fine. I still think this bag is probably the one that looks best on me proportionately, but is too small for my needs.View attachment 3640331

So then I looked at the large college. Definitely fits more, but it doesn't have a crossbody option. Plus, I was expecting overall a more refined finish on the lambskin. Though it was beautiful, I didn't expect it to look as distressed as it looked when I saw it in person.
View attachment 3640332
My lovely friend then pointed out the similar large envelope in mixed matelasse leather, and from there I knew I was in trouble!! The calfskin looked sturdier, the anthracite color was a little darker, and there are 3 carrying options: one shoulder with long strap, one shoulder with the straps doubled, and crossbody. My heart started to race and I knew I had to have it!View attachment 3640334
View attachment 3640333 View attachment 3640335
Here's a photo of the college and large envelope together for comparison:
View attachment 3640338
I thought the medium envelope was super cute as well, just too small.
View attachment 3640340
And just for kicks, I also tried on the Chanel jumbo flap, and found that the SL bag suits my style much better :smile:
View attachment 3640350

Great decision! The SLP bag you chose looks lovely on you x
-Bagista London

Reactions: Breadnbrie
Your bag is stunning!
How much is it?
What do you think of the quality compared to the Chanel Jumbo? It is now in my radar.
Does this bag comes in seasonal colours? I would love this in Navy Blue with GHW.
Thanks! Its $2550. I believe that there is a navy blue version (though with gunmetal hardware) and I think it's probably available year round. I'm not too familiar with how YSL rotates it's colors, but since I had been stalking the site for about 8 months before my purchase, I've always seen bags available in black, navy, anthracite, and burgundy regardless of season.

I don't own a Chanel jumbo, so I can't really comment on its quality. I just know that the YSL bag sang to me, whereas the Chanel didn't, particularly the lambskin version. The one I saw already had scratches all over it! I think the YSL is just prettier as well. The Chanel looked a bit stuffy and formal on me.

Thanks for posting. I wasn't sure if I wanted the large but now I do. I'm getting a different leather though. It's hard and grainy. How tall are you? View attachment 3812720
I'm 5'1". Are you planning on wearing yours primarily doubled up on the shoulder? I will say that the harder leather you're looking at is great carried that way, but is too structured to do crossbody or one shoulder. At least it was for me.