Just bought a birkin--urgent question-line down the middle?

ck21

Believing in Magic
O.G.
Feb 27, 2006
Looking for help from all the Hermes experts. I just drove home from Fed ex, my heart pounding, my new (to me) birkin in a box in the back. This is my first Hermes.

I took it out of the box and instead of falling over at it's beauty, I noticed a line going down the front and back. Is this normal? I'm assuming no, but want to double-check.

I purchased it from a reputable reseller and can send it back. I fully intend to do that unless you all tell me that this is normal. I've attached three pictures that I think capture it.

The leather is chevre, color is rouge vif.

Thank you!

Attachments

• birkin1.jpg
    birkin1.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 361
  • birkin2.jpg
    birkin2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 286
  • birkin3.jpg
    birkin3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 272
I think it is just the grain of the leather...but I will let other more experienced H lovers confirm that for you.

It's a BEAUTIFUL color by the way and congratulations on your first H!!!!

You have a beautiful bag. Some people like the spine on chevre others do not, some people may not like it, but the overall way that chevre takes color and the sheen it has helps them overlook it.

Ooh, I LOVE the spine down the middle, ck21!:love: This is a special feature of chevre de coromandel. My favourite! Your bag is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

beautiful bag! you lucky girl, rouge vif chevre is one of the grail bags for me :P

The line down the middle is normal, since chevre is goat skin, that line is actually the spine of the goat :P