Just back from the mall and I think I changed my mind...

Mrs. Mac

Purse Queen
Dec 11, 2008
I just got back from the mall to drool over the Hamiltons IRL!!!! I thought I wanted the mocha....BUT....I wandered around and found the new quilted in GUNMETAL!!!!! :nuts: OMG what a GORGEOUS bag!!!!! I have to make a decision as to which I want to put on my Xmas wishlist.....and I am NOT good at decisions....at all :biggrin: I also found the pair of sunnies that is definitely going on my wishlist.....and I saw MY LILY TOTE.....in RED!!!!!!! OMG YUMMMMMM but I dont want another of the same exact bag.....FYI the Lily tote also comes in silver now and is just as yummy as the red!!!! I nearly fell over when I saw these! But, my big decision now is the mocha Hamilton OR the gunmetal quilted...I honestly did NOT think I would like the quilted until I saw it IRL...now I cant stop thinking about it!!!!!! and that gunmetal color is just sooooooooooo HOT!!!! TDF!!!!!......HELP!!!!!!

That is EXACTLY what DH said....and since HE is buying it for me I am guessing he will be happier with that decision over the mocha!!!! It's such a hard decision....

Since I just bought the small quilted gunmetal Hamilton flap, my vote is pretty obvious. I had more or less decided on black before I saw the bags in person, and then the gunmetal was just so beautiful that I couldn't resist!

hmmmmmm it's narrowed down.....to the gunmetal quilted OR the graphite leather!!!! See how I totally changed my mind from the mocha??? Now I am going for a gray!!!! HMMMMMMMMM and the SA in Macy's said I can do F&F pre-sale so it would be 25% off and then we can pick it up on Dec 1st! HMMMMMMMMMMM that's for the quilted though....they do not have the graphite leather.....I would have to get that from a boutique......

for those of you that own the quilted....how does the leather seem? Does it seem like the quilts will "tear" with time from the stitching around them (if that makes sense)? I am so confused...and I only want ONE of these.....though if I like it I may get vanilla for summer......but to me, vanilla is a WHOLE different bag!!!! LOL

The quilting seems very secure to me; it doesn't feel like it will let go and the leather shows no signs of stretching or giving near the stitching.

Regarding the graphite vs the gunmetal, they are completely different bags to me. The gunmetal is almost shimmery and could be mistaken for patent at a distance while the graphite is a flat grey in a finished leather. The gunmetal is a metallic while the graphite is not. The graphite would almost certainly be easier care and more durable, though, as the gunmetal doesn't seem like it would wipe clean very easily in the case of a spill.

^^ thanks so much for your help!!!!! I was a little concerned about the gunmetal in rain/snow and wiping it clean.....I would be using it daily.....hmmmmmmm

It is odd... the gunmetal reminded me of the snake print leathers (at least the black one Macy's had at the store) in that it almost doesn't feel like leather. It certainly isn't smooth finished leather, and it isn't suede. At first it feels like fabric TBH. Since you are familiar with the python prints, I am sure you know what I mean (unless some of the snake prints are different from the black one Macy's had). Again, I LOVED the gunmetal in person and I figured with a spray or two of leather protector it would be fine, but I still cannot figure out how to describe the feel of it. It isn't smooth like I am used to leather being.

for those of you that own the quilted....how does the leather seem? Does it seem like the quilts will "tear" with time from the stitching around them (if that makes sense)? I am so confused...and I only want ONE of these.....though if I like it I may get vanilla for summer......but to me, vanilla is a WHOLE different bag!!!! LOL

I have to be honest, I just bought the red quilted a couple of days ago and have not carried it but I actually told the sales associate that I own several M by MK bags and the quilted bag doesn't seem as good a quality. I wanted red and I love the style and I had 50.00 off so...I bought it. I change bags so often, I don't put a lot of stress on a bag but I think the regular leather Hamiltons will hold up better but of course that is just my opinion. But the quilted is beautiful. :smile:

It is odd... the gunmetal reminded me of the snake print leathers (at least the black one Macy's had at the store) in that it almost doesn't feel like leather. It certainly isn't smooth finished leather, and it isn't suede. At first it feels like fabric TBH. Since you are familiar with the python prints, I am sure you know what I mean (unless some of the snake prints are different from the black one Macy's had). Again, I LOVED the gunmetal in person and I figured with a spray or two of leather protector it would be fine, but I still cannot figure out how to describe the feel of it. It isn't smooth like I am used to leather being.

I dont know about the black python.....havent felt them!!! My python embossed Lily definitely feels like leather! and still has a strong leather smell after 4 months of nonstop use!!!! I did think the quilted bags did feel more like fabric and not leather though.....I walked around with the gunmetal for 45 minutes yesterday and I kept saying that it didnt feel like leather to me....I guess maybe b/c MK has to "quilt it" and make the stitching tight in the squares to make the "puffs" that it loses it's "leather feel"??? I dont know....but it is totally different then the feel of my python or any other leather bag.....at first, I wasnt sure how python would hold up to heavy rain and there are no spots or peeling on my bag at all.....it still looks brand new like the day DH gave it to me in July! I wasnt sure how the quilting would hold up in the rain b/c like I said it felt more like "fabric"....though the fabric bags DO hold up very well in the rain....I am soooo confused!!!!!

I have to be honest, I just bought the red quilted a couple of days ago and have not carried it but I actually told the sales associate that I own several M by MK bags and the quilted bag doesn't seem as good a quality. I wanted red and I love the style and I had 50.00 off so...I bought it. I change bags so often, I don't put a lot of stress on a bag but I think the regular leather Hamiltons will hold up better but of course that is just my opinion. But the quilted is beautiful. :smile:

This is exactly my problem....I am not sure if the quality is as good as the regular leather, but the quilted it sooooooo gorgeous and "different"....I dont own anything like it....but I am not sure what to do.....WOW a $50 off coupon!!!!! I would be SO excited with that! I wish MK did events where we could get percentages off.....or even something for free when we made a purchase!!!!

I was in the mall today too and stopped by Michael Kors and got to check out the gunmetal and the graphite leather hamilton tote. Both are Gorgeous, and to tell you the truth, I was attracted to the quilted one but could not decide either. Both of them are very beautiful. Good luck!