Just Arrived! * My Hermes Birkin Encyclopedia!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
    I just got my copy of the first Hermes birkin encyclopedia I have ever found! It arrived yesterday! So, so excited!:yahoo::yahoo:

This one has Hermes leather guidebook and birkin color guidebook! Tons of photos! As well as an Hermes birkin parts guidebook (if that makes sense:P). It's like a ton of information, neatly organized into one!

The price is a bit higher than I wanted to pay, but they gave a percentage off and covered shipping. Not as much as I would have preferred, but I think it's worth owning a unique book like this one.

Here is the link, ladies and gentlemen!

I'm giving a copy as a Christmas gift to my sister.:smile: Can I post some photos of publications? Wasn't sure if that's okay!

2. If it is acceptable, that will be fantastic. I will feed you on the info you posted

3. This looks like a self published (or so called vanity press) book. The link doesn't disclose the author or the price. Are you the author?

4. #4 Oct 10, 2010
    I guess it is Vanity press. I've seen it on Amazon and in Hong Kong too.

Author's name Rosa Lynn

5. It looks like it's from Blurb. Blurb is a website that you can make your own book with pics and stuff on it and then you can let people purchase it.

6. #6 Oct 10, 2010
    Then, it is definitely from Vanity press. I wonder how they were able to get it on Amazon and here in a bookstore in Hong Kong as Vanity press. I purchased mine online and my copy shipped out of Europe to Hong Kong when I tracked it.

There is a preview on the site too that links blrb.

7. #7 Oct 10, 2010
  8. I was curious abt this book when all the talk about it came out, so i got it. It is far from an encyclopedia. It wouldn't give a newbie an ounce of info that the real collectors and fans know. Its more of a look book. It does have a nice leather and color guide in the back, other than that its just a paperback magazine with a pretty pictures of hangbags.

9. #9 Oct 10, 2010
    I think I have the new one. I saw the older edition too in Hong Kong. They are both so different. The older one was just like what cbtg818 described. Not as good by far. It was cute, but sucked info wise. The new one's guides are bigger as for the leather, skins, colors.

10. Certain this is the same company? On site, says book was used in Delta Sky Magazine 2010 and Palm Beach Daily 2009. And, in book says they were in Vitals Magazine 2005.

I'm not familiar with these b.g. stories either...I'm just as dumbfounded as lily25. Sounds complex and confusing.

Completely off topic, lily25 - What is the dessert you have as your photo/avatar? Looks yummy.

11. It is not complex and confusing. That "person" sells fakes. Those types of people like to create "complex and confusing" answers to why they are doing so, why they cannot refund etc.

Are you the author???

12. Wow! Thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.