Just about bought the Antony!!

maplecottage

Sep 20, 2008
but I looked awful with it on- the bag itself is so lovely and have seen it on many people just didn't work on me.

I decided to try all the messenger bags on, regardless whether I liked them or not and surprisingly the one I wouldn't have chosen looked the best - the large Somerset messenger!

Does anyone have one?

I love it but it's huge - I thought they would have done a smaller version but their website only have the large - does anyone know if there was a smaller version of it at some stage?

I just need a daily bag to throw my phone and cards into, and definitely a messenger to be handsfree for baby so the large somerset is a bit gigantic for my needs.

Thanks

but I looked awful with it on- the bag itself is so lovely and have seen it on many people just didn't work on me.

I decided to try all the messenger bags on, regardless whether I liked them or not and surprisingly the one I wouldn't have chosen looked the best - the large Somerset messenger!

Does anyone have one?

I love it but it's huge - I thought they would have done a smaller version but their website only have the large - does anyone know if there was a smaller version of it at some stage?

I just need a daily bag to throw my phone and cards into, and definitely a messenger to be handsfree for baby so the large somerset is a bit gigantic for my needs.

Thanks

How much did you pay? Considering to re sell??

Oh the same is cute but on the website the colours are pink and blue - yikes! Were they ever done in neutrals?

Good call on the same for size and simplicity - I really hope it was done in better colours.

The Anthony didn't suit me as I found the strap too thick (great bag though). I ended up getting a Miu Miu messenger bag. How about a Sam ?

No I didn't buy it, if you are looking for a bargain perhaps put a call in to one of UK outlets to see if they have an item you are looking for?

Shepton Mallet Mulberry Factory store: +44 1749 340 583

If you decide to put in a call, make sure you know the model and colour you are interested in as they are super busy.

Otherwise look at ebay, and ask one of the expert ladies here to authenticate a bag you like.

Hope this helps.

How much did you pay? Considering to re sell??

I did test drive a Poppy, I really liked its look, my husband did not, he told me it was not in line with my dress style, big sigh, but I have to say he is usually right - everytime I buck against his ideas I end up regretting the purchase later on.

Still I think its a beautiful bag, just doesn't fit my usual style. I'll just have to watch it from the side lines with envy :smile:

:yes:

I love my Poppy satchel. I find it just about the right size and has lots of different compartments. Did you test drive that one?

Didn't see the Joel there at all, I looked out for it too as it looked pretty streamlined.

I came across a website that was saying that Mulberry had outsourced to China with two of its new 2008 bags, one being the Sam, is that true do you think? I really hope they haven't done that! I looked on their website to see if they say whether all bags were 100% british made but there seemed to be no section that I could see.

Jo have you got a Joel?

^^^ No, i've got 2 Antony's but the joel has the thinner strap you'd probably prefer and is fairly small and flat like the Sam.

Lots of Mulberry bags are made abroad now. I think all mine have 'made in Turkey' in them!!!

I've got the large Somerset in putty, gorgeous bag. The only thing I have against it is the fact that the main compartment doesn't fasten with a zip which I prefer. Sometimes the magnetic catch fastening comes open but that's probably because I put so much stuff in it. It has got a nice big zipped pocket on the front though which is ideal for a purse.

I have seen smaller Somerset messengers on ebay a couple of times, so it might be worth your while emailing Mulberry.

Thanks Dolly, after all of that I went for the Antony Choc which is arriving tomorrow (the one without the pocket for a more streamlined look), hurrah! Will be taking it for a spin on the early morning run Thursday!

Good to know about the fastener on the Somerset for future purchase potential.