just a warning to all you ladies out there

yajaira

Jul 13, 2010
Today i was robbed of my purse it was so unexpected at 8 am in the middle of a busy street.
i ran after him for 30 mins but i gave up called the police and they couldnt do anything

It was more of an inconvience then anything he got away with 30 dollars I cancelled my credit and debit card he got my two phones.

But the worst of all he took my dior foundation and chanel mascara!!:lol:

Dam couldnt he have thrown me the makeup bag !

But seriously ladies be very careful no matter where you live or what time of day it is with christmas coming up people are getting desprate

I'm so sorry that happened to you. {{{hugs}}} I'm glad you're OK and weren't injured. Sometimes these thieving scumbags don't care if they hurt you as long as they get their target.
Thanks for the reminder to be careful and to stay aware.

My wallet was stolen almost a year ago at a crowdy international airport terminal. The guy took my wallet and nothing else- it would have been worse if he had stolen my PASSPORT which I kept in the bag too. He got away with almost $200. I was carrying a tote with a simple magnetic closure so he could easily sneak his hand into my bag. I learned a lesson... Keep an eye on your bags, girls!

I am so very sorry that this happened to you. It is always good to be reminded to snap out of your everyday routine and be alert of the surrounding all around you. We have the local news reminding us all the time during the holidays to watch ourselves in parking lots and such. I hang on to my bag when I open my car door for dear life and I hold my keys like they were a weapon, just in case. I always am aware of where I park. Good luck in getting things back in order.

Yajaira, thanks for warning all the ladies here on the forum! I'm glad you didn't get hurt or anything! I hope the bag he robbed from you isn't one that is too expensive...

Thanks guys for replying

Be very careful and stay safe okay :hugs:

Thankfully it wasn't one of my expensive bags but even if it was it's still replaceable they're just things.

Be safe.

Today i was robbed of my purse it was so unexpected at 8 am in the middle of a busy street.
i ran after him for 30 mins but i gave up called the police and they couldnt do anything

It was more of an inconvience then anything he got away with 30 dollars I cancelled my credit and debit card he got my two phones.

But the worst of all he took my dior foundation and chanel mascara!!:lol:

Dam couldnt he have thrown me the makeup bag !

But seriously ladies be very careful no matter where you live or what time of day it is with christmas coming up people are getting desprate

I'd glad you are safe!!!!

Not trying to be preachy here, but I'd like to pass on a tip for all of us: NEVER CHASE YOUR ATTACKER!! Quit while you are ahead. What would you have done if you had caught up with him? He could have a gun, etc. Your purse is not worth your life. It can be replaced. You can't. I've personally know women who did chase; luckliy, they did not catch up with the thief. (This tip is something I remember hearing from a self-defense lecture by a former long-time policeman, BTW)