Just a RANT!

Veelyn

I'M BACK :)
Oct 16, 2007
I'm selling some Coach bags for a friend of mine on ebay. I hate it when I specifically list in my auction, "please message me first if you have less than 10 positive feedback", so I can know that person is serious with bidding. Well wouldn't you know, I end up selling a bag for $150+ and its a new buyer. 0 feedback, and still hasn't paid. This was on Saturday. I know its only Monday, but still, this just irks me! I have this feeling they won't pay.

Sigh.

Rant over! Thanks for listening :rant:

^ I know, which sucks. I wish we could set some kind of "requirement" for a 0 fb bidder, or something. Not that they are all bad, there are NPB's with hundreds of fb, but it just gets to me! I guess its good that I had other bidders too though, maybe a second chance offer will get accepted. Thanks for listening noshoepolish!

Can't you block 0 feedback bidders? I know you can cancel bidders with negative feedback... then, if a 0 feedback bidder really wants the item, s/he has no choice but to message you so that you can put them on the exemption list.

If that doesn't work, maybe you could report them as a unwelcome buyer since they did not meet your listing requirements as detailed in the actual auction? http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unwelcome-buying.html One you report them you can file a request to cancel transaction... if they say no or get funky and try to leave you a negative, ebay is "supposed" to remove the neg since you filed a unwelcome buyer report before requesting to cancel the transaction...

Here's the part that relates to your auction: "Buyers who do not meet the seller’s terms as outlined in the item listing also are not permitted to bid on or buy the item."

Good luck!

I understand your frustration! I can't stand when people do not read thoroughly my auctions or even if they do blatantly just don't care and do as they wish anyways!

Did you send them a "friendly" reminder payment is due?

I am not sure why sellers want to block 0 f/b bidders. My latest non-paying bidder has 150+ f/b.

When you ask them to message before bidding, what is it you want them to say? Yes, I am serious about buying this or no, I am just playing around?

Personally, I have struggled with this mentality as well. But through the years I have been unable to identify a defining element in a non paying bidder. Massive feedback or zero a decent percentage do not read descriptions and small percentage just do not pay. The feedback is more drastically skewed on the buying side where I can see I have a much higher percentage of not receiving an item or communication from the seller with no feedback.

The only ones that really erk me now are the best offers and buy it now NPB's. I don't understand what type of remorse you can have on this type of transaction. I do not know a single seller on ebay that has agreed to be a lay away service.

It is important to remember that without the zero feedback bidder more items would under perform on ebay. More often than not, if you start projecting thoughts of non payment, that is more likely to be the end result. They could have set a bid for the weekend and will pay when they get time at the office. You never know. If you start out thinking positive more positive things will come.

Best regards

Last edited:
sometimes its good to list that buyers with under 10 FB, email you first......
I find its great to open a dialogue with the bidders. Then you can tell if they are serious or not.....works for me....

Can't you block 0 feedback bidders? I know you can cancel bidders with negative feedback... then, if a 0 feedback bidder really wants the item, s/he has no choice but to message you so that you can put them on the exemption list.

If that doesn't work, maybe you could report them as a unwelcome buyer since they did not meet your listing requirements as detailed in the actual auction? http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unwelcome-buying.html One you report them you can file a request to cancel transaction... if they say no or get funky and try to leave you a negative, ebay is "supposed" to remove the neg since you filed a unwelcome buyer report before requesting to cancel the transaction...

Here's the part that relates to your auction: "Buyers who do not meet the seller’s terms as outlined in the item listing also are not permitted to bid on or buy the item."

Good luck!

Thanks for the link. I will keep this in mind!

I understand your frustration! I can't stand when people do not read thoroughly my auctions or even if they do blatantly just don't care and do as they wish anyways!

Did you send them a "friendly" reminder payment is due?

I did. I sent:

"Hi xxx. Please let me know when payment will be made. I see you are new to ebay, and want a smooth transaction for us both! Thanks, Vikki"

Still no payment/response as of yet.

I am not sure why sellers want to block 0 f/b bidders. My latest non-paying bidder has 150+ f/b.

When you ask them to message before bidding, what is it you want them to say? Yes, I am serious about buying this or no, I am just playing around?

I just want to know that they read the full auction terms and yes, to let me know they are serious about bidding.

Personally, I have struggled with this mentality as well. But through the years I have been unable to identify a defining element in a non paying bidder. Massive feedback or zero a decent percentage do not read descriptions and small percentage just do not pay. The feedback is more drastically skewed on the buying side where I can see I have a much higher percentage of not receiving an item or communication from the seller with no feedback.

The only ones that really erk me now are the best offers and buy it now NPB's. I don't understand what type of remorse you can have on this type of transaction. I do not know a single seller on ebay that has agreed to be a lay away service.

It is important to remember that without the zero feedback bidder more items would under perform on ebay. More often than not, if you start projecting thoughts of non payment, that is more likely to be the end result. They could have set a bid for the weekend and will pay when they get time at the office. You never know. If you start out thinking positive more positive things will come.

Best regards

Thanks. I've been trying to stay positive about this.

I'm selling some Coach bags for a friend of mine on ebay. I hate it when I specifically list in my auction, "please message me first if you have less than 10 positive feedback", so I can know that person is serious with bidding. Well wouldn't you know, I end up selling a bag for $150+ and its a new buyer. 0 feedback, and still hasn't paid. This was on Saturday. I know its only Monday, but still, this just irks me! I have this feeling they won't pay.

Sigh.

Rant over! Thanks for listening :rant:

If it make you feel any better, I've had 0 feedback newbies paid right away and bidders with thousand of feedbacks stalled me a full week before paying. However, it is very annoying that bidders do not fully read your listing. Hope you will get pay soon! :smile: