Just a little bit peeved

hungry_jacqs

Jun 7, 2008
This is just a silly rant but i'm just a little bit peeved atm!

A few months ago I made an agreement with a seller on bonanzle to purchase a bag that I had searched high and low for from her but had to wait 2 or 3 days for the money to be fully transferred into my paypal account. On the day I was going to pay her, she informed me that she had changed her mind and didn't want to sell it anymore. Of course I was a little upset but I completely understood.
A few days ago, I saw another bag that I had been looking for, for a while on the same sellers booth. I messaged her again telling her that I was interested but was not able to pay straight away. She told me that she was willing to wait and that she would put the bag on hold for me. 2 days later I received an email saying that she had another buyer who could pay now and she would accept her offer instead. So in attempt to save the bag going to someone else I messaged her straightaway saying that I could pay her by the weekend(funds had just come in as well). But within the few short minutes of receiving her email and sending mine... she had already sold it off!

I don't think I can't really blame her but i'm just annoyed that I'm going to have to start looking for those bags all over again! :nogood:

I am very sorry this happened to you. I know the feeling when you REALLY want something and it slips right through your fingers!! :sad:
I must say that I think this is not the nicest seller. Yes, I agree you can change your mind and I agree you want to sell asap, but since she changed her mind the first time I would have expected her to be a bit nicer the second time you dealt with her. She could have at least given you the chance to pay right away instead of selling to the other buyer right away!

Aw so sorry that happened to you not once but TWICE! And the same seller too. Best of luck in your search for your bags, hopefully they'll come up again and from better sellers!

Just curious though, why do you have to wait for funds to be transferred into your paypal? Do you not have a bank account/cc/debit linked so that funds can be pulled out of immediately? Or trying to save the sellers some fees?

btw you are such a sweet buyer! I agree with marie-lou that seller doesn't have top-notch customer service (because if I was in her case, it wouldve went to you, especially if I backed out on the first transaction!) yet you are so understanding. Too bad there aren't more buyers like you. Good luck in your bag search!

Next time maybe you will have better luck if you pay for the bag immediately instead of waiting a few days for money to clear.

Agreed. I can understand your frustration but also don't blame the seller for going with a 'sure sale' in which they are paid immediately rather than waiting for a buyer that can pay in a few days, or over the weekend, etc. There are a lot of buyers out there that promise to purchase and pay for something but in the end they don't follow through.

Maybe transfer some funds into your paypal account so you have them on hand if you plan on doing some shopping? That way you can pay immediately and you wont miss out on your bag. :smile:

Linda

Melloyellojen: thanks for your kind words :smile: I really do appreciate it. The reason why I don't do an echeque is because for international bank transfer I've heard of cases where the money takes a very long time to reach the recipient even though there are funds available. I'm also a student living overseas so I don't use that money for shopping online. :smile:

5elle: I do not think I can blame her too, I just would have liked to be at least notified and given the chance to respond before she sold it.

New.old.bag: Yes, I probably would. :smile:

LindaP: I do know what it's like to be on the other side so I too can't blame her. An instant transfer would definitely be better but I was dealing with a a buyer who kept delaying payment which I made clear to the seller. The least I would have expected was a chance to reply to the message as the bag was on hold for me. If I was still unable to pay, I would have gladly told her to sell it.

Last edited:
I have been on both sides of this one. As a seller I want to wait and "help" someone buy their dream bag, but if they don't have the funds and someone else does, it's usually going to be the old "bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." And I do say this after having more than one buyer backing out and changing their minds, after saying they REALLY want the bag, can I wait a few days, etc. when I could have sold to someone else as a sure thing.
As a buyer with the occasional maddening funding scenarios (i.e. waiting for Godot $$:P), I am always most appreciative when a seller will give me a couple of days to get it together.
Sorry this happened to you.